General CVF2 - June | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 12th June

Search This thread

amirage

Guys...I have been doing some calculations. Here's my screenshot... it says that I'm at 41% down from 85% (I'm using the in-built battery charge limiter). The SOT is at 200 mins. I.E. in 44% of battery usage, I have achieved 200 mins of SOT. So, wouldn't 100 to 0 mean 7.5 hours of SOT...sooo...is the battery life bad? Or are my calculations really off?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-181441_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-181441_Device care.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20211129-181441_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-181441_Device care.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 71
Guys...I have been doing some calculations. Here's my screenshot... it says that I'm at 41% down from 85% (I'm using the in-built battery charge limiter). The SOT is at 200 mins. I.E. in 44% of battery usage, I have achieved 200 mins of SOT. So, wouldn't 100 to 0 mean 7.5 hours of SOT...sooo...is the battery life bad? Or are my calculations really off?

looks quite good to me. I went from 85 to 45 with 1hr 38min SOT :ROFLMAO:

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I know I'm posting in the wrong place but can someone with the knowledge of modding apks to work with newer android versions fix this live wallpaper. The original cosmic flow wallpaper was modded and works perfectly but is limited to 6 colours. This one I have attached has loads more, @dr.ketan maybe you could help me. ☺️☺️ I'd be forever grateful.

Attachments

• cf_reaper_black.apk
    994.4 KB · Views: 26
Do you game a lot? My SOT includes normal browsing, emails and whatsapp...So, yes, if I game the battery life will never be like this...
No gaming at all. Just regular stuff. I do use two SIM cards though. Stand-by drain seems to have increased. Overall i feel the Android 11 battery was better.

As far as smoothness goes, overall i think things are much more buttery on Android 12, but there are those random jitters throughout the day that spoil the entire experience. They never completely go away.

I remember it took many months for A11 to reach its peak performance and stability on this phone, so for a first release of A12, it's not that bad and I'm hoping it will improve just like A11 did.

Surprisingly, i haven't faced a single stability or compatibility issue or crash, or any other bug so far except the WhatsApp video green line bug and some random graphic bugs like in the screenshot.

The only issue for me right now is the battery life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-205630_Google Play services.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-205630_Google Play services.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: amirage

amirage

No gaming at all. Just regular stuff. I do use two SIM cards though. Stand-by drain seems to have increased. Overall i feel the Android 11 battery was better.

As far as smoothness goes, overall i think things are much more buttery on Android 12, but there are those random jitters throughout the day that spoil the entire experience. They never completely go away.

I remember it took many months for A11 to reach its peak performance and stability on this phone, so for a first release of A12, it's not that bad and I'm hoping it will improve just like A11 did.

Surprisingly, i haven't faced a single stability or compatibility issue or crash, or any other bug so far except the WhatsApp video green line bug and some random graphic bugs like in the screenshot.

The only issue for me right now is the battery life.
Yes, I think dual-sim does have its disadvantages. Again, I remember when I first got the phone on the release date, the battery drain was horrible but then over the course of 3 or 4 software iterations, the battery became amazing. So, yes, we need to give Android 12 it's time to be stable. Also, I think Android 12 reports battery drain differently compared to A11. In A11, I feel it's something like iOS where you r on 100% for a long time and then drop like a lead ball once it starts ticking down..but in A12, it's more aggressive...

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I know I'm posting in the wrong place but can someone with the knowledge of modding apks to work with newer android versions fix this live wallpaper. The original cosmic flow wallpaper was modded and works perfectly but is limited to 6 colours. This one I have attached has loads more, @dr.ketan maybe you could help me. ☺️☺️ I'd be forever grateful.
can you link/attach original stock & modded both?

D

Deleted member 8730448

Honestly I installed BUKG from BUK8, but it's not much optimized...nevermind, to be honest it still sucks:

- Battery consumption is still high.
- Some animations glitches are still here and ugly lag, during fast app switching, drive me crazy everytime.
** Some remaining apps (Cloud, Wearable, Email) still have the old overscroll and loading animations.

I hope I don't have to wait for One Ui 4.1 to get something that works well.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8730448

BUKG works better than the original Android 12 update, hopefully in a month or two we should have really smooth rom.
The next one will likely fix at least the remaining lags, but I wouldn't bet a penny on the animation glitches (neither with One Ui 4.1).

If no one reports them, Samsung will not fix them.

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Honestly I installed BUKG from BUK8, but it's not much optimized...nevermind, to be honest it still sucks:

- Battery consumption is still high.
- Some animations glitches are still here, and ugly lag, during fast app switching, drive me crazy everytime.
** Some remaining apps (Cloud, Wearable, Email) still have the old overscroll and loading animations.

I hope I don't have to wait for One Ui 4.1 to get something that works well.
Yep it's got to be the software that's causing high battery consumption as my battery health is perfectly fine. Also if you check Gsam battery monitor and android system wakelocks. The camera service is at it still !!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211130-182217_AccuBattery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211130-182217_AccuBattery.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20211128-162502_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-162502_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 75

Top Liked Posts

Best to look in the S22 section, not covering that here.
    I love the tension when an update comes. The anticipation of an update, the climax when it's released and then the oh....that was crap. Cycle restarts.
    Moderator announcement!!

There is a battery health thread here.
    Let's keep this thread on topic as much as possible please and thank you.

Cheers: Badger50 (y) :cool:
    I'll be the one to tell you guys ahead that you should cut that out or admins will start cleaning up this thread again.

Same as battery life related posts :)

cat-patient.gif

👁️ 👀 👁️ 👀 👁️ 👀 ;)
    What kind of journalistic bulls***(pardon my French) is this?

Title:
    "Exclusive: One UI 5.0 brings major improvement for animation speeds"

Now something important:
    "obviously hasn’t revealed any details about One UI 5.0 at this point in time"

And biggest one:
    "We hear that One UI 5.0 is going to significantly improve the UI animation speeds."

And where is the source, any links or references etc? They heard it on the street, it the toilet or maybe in commercial?

They have no hot topics at the moment so it looks like this article is pure clickbait.
    In this thread, you can discuss and share the Mega links of new firmwares (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G!
    NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk

How to flash the firmware to your phone:

Odin.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract the Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin
    5. Power OFF your S21 Ultra 5G
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone. Or use the command "adb reboot-bootloader".
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes for the device to automatically restart.

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in message #2

I have taken over these threads and they are dedicated to the memory of Henk, you can read more about him here:
    batman-listen.gif

Greetings to all. Just dropped by for a little more "Unsubstantiated Update Claim Game" or UUCG for short, cleaning! Since this appears to be an ongoing matter, I will be happy to just drop by everyday and remove these little buggers with immediate effect in an effort to keep the thread on topic, which is why some of you reported these in the first place.

This way, it will eliminate the reports, and save our Mods, me in particular, extra typing practice, even though I need it!

Cheers to all: Badger50
    pacman-game-over.gif
    For the love of Pete!! Thread cleaned again!
    Can we PLEASE stop with all the unnecessary back-n-forth with these updates!!!! I keep getting reports from various members about constant OT, griping, whining, this that, he said this he said that, and disrespectful and snarky comments CRAP!! So from now on, if I have to action further reports from members that have been repeatedly warned, I will take up the issue with you regarding XDA Rule #2 for member conduct via PM, which can/may result in disciplinary actions regarding your account.

So Please, keep this thread "ON TOPIC" out of respect for the OP, and for all other XDA members. THANK YOU!!

-Regards: Badger50
    I love the tension when an update comes. The anticipation of an update, the climax when it's released and then the oh....that was crap. Cycle restarts.
    Moderator Announcement

I've cleaned this thread from all the off-topic posts and flamings; my cleaning included all timezone "discussions", not-firmware or S21U related posts, attempts to moderate the thread and much more. Actually, I must say I cleaned the thread AGAIN after all the attempts of my team mates @Badger50 and @V0latyle - and the expectations I'd to read here that the thread gets automatically cleaned e.g. in the morning simply shows disrespect to moderators by wasting their valuable time that could be much better used.
    It finally got too much now! I've notified everybody whose post(s) got deleted i.e. everybody should be aware.

I'm requesting my team mates to inform me about anybody who still continues with this type of posting. In turn I'm going to revoke the members write permissions in this thread, initially temporarily for 2 weeks; however, the member will permanently have read permissions i.e. being inform of any firmwarm update. In case of recurring spamming, I'm gradually increasing the write ban to 4 weeks to eventually become permanently. I hope that this friendly warning helps to now keep the thread focussed. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator