General CVGB - August | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 28th July

Search This thread

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
UK
There is no battery drain change in latest build. It is same as before which I would say is "ok" People got a mess on their phones and then complain that battery is bad/good after update. Where the real difference is unnoticeable.

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
There is no battery drain change in latest build. It is same as before which I would say is "ok" People got a mess on their phones and then complain that battery is bad/good after update. Where the real difference is unnoticeable.
There most certainly is. I've noticed a big improvement. My phone is lasting longer with auto sync on, high performance mode on, 120hz on on this build CVF2 than it was on the previous build with auto sync OFF, optimised performance mode and power save mode ON.

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
UK
There most certainly is. I've noticed a big improvement. My phone is lasting longer with auto sync on, high performance mode on, 120hz on on this build CVF2 than it was on the previous build with auto sync OFF, optimised performance mode and power save mode ON.
I am using phone in a same way and there is not, if you have done wipe etc. That mean probably something was wrong with your system/apps and caused battery drain.

As long as you don't do tests under same conditions it is just anecdotal fallacy.

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
Are you using one or two SIMs? From what I've seen all these months, people using both sim slots have mediocre battery life (myself included), whereas people praising the battery life of this device post screenshots showing only one sim configuration.

Source: trust me bro 😜

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
UK
Are you using one or two SIMs? From what I've seen all these months, people using both sim slots have mediocre battery life (myself included), whereas people praising the battery life of this device post screenshots showing only one sim configuration.

Source: trust me bro 😜
90% of time single sim this is normal as dwvice must power additional modem. As you know signal strenght affect battery life, so two sim cards = double trouble.

amirage

@adamlee2012 I'm on the new build but I don't really see much of an improvement compared to CVDD! Are you sure your device didn't have some system apps running in the background before the factory reset?

Reactions: joloxx9joloxx9

DS1000RR

Sep 27, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Since the latest update my battery has improved vastly. I used to get about 6 hours SOT. Today (heavy video day), I've got below, 8.5 hours. Nothing has changed, WQHD+, WiFi only, 60hz. Incredible! That's from 85% to 15%. I think if I ran 100% to 0 it'd scratch 10 hours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220625-002249_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220625-002249_Device care.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: adamlee2012

ryupunk

Feb 7, 2015
Cordoba
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
yes owo to owo and oxm to oxm as i know
can I change csc to any csc? Or only owo to owo, oxm to oxm, etc ?
I have an Argentinian SM-G998B which came with an OWO firmware. Tired of the slow updates and based on the fact that all G998Bs have the same hardware I took my changes and flashed the DBT OXM firmware and being running it (and doing odin updates) with no issues for months. Now I changed my CSC to DBT using the SamFW tool and everything works just fine and now I can get DBT OTA updates. Hope this helps.

atcndw

Sep 18, 2013
I have an Argentinian SM-G998B which came with an OWO firmware. Tired of the slow updates and based on the fact that all G998Bs have the same hardware I took my changes and flashed the DBT OXM firmware and being running it (and doing odin updates) with no issues for months. Now I changed my CSC to DBT using the SamFW tool and everything works just fine and now I can get DBT OTA updates. Hope this helps.
Thanks bro!
Are u able to use samsung pay and call recorder on dbt? (I'm using owo too, ZTO)

Last edited:

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Since the latest update my battery has improved vastly. I used to get about 6 hours SOT. Today (heavy video day), I've got below, 8.5 hours. Nothing has changed, WQHD+, WiFi only, 60hz. Incredible! That's from 85% to 15%. I think if I ran 100% to 0 it'd scratch 10 hours.
It's all in your head, as someone already mentioned 🤣🤣 must be in my head too even though it's genuinely lasting a lot longer.

Reactions: DS1000RR

Top Liked Posts

Lets hope to see update.zip file soon
    Could be looking at a beta release as early as next week 😊🥳
    Lets hope to see update.zip file soon
    Yeah but it should ve released today if they would ve did like last year with s20..
    Finally one ui 5 adds battery health!!!!!
    Great, instead of benchmark posts we will see cry "why my battery life is xx%, I am not going to buy samsung anymore etc"
    hope they fix ultra wide image correction.

EDIT: it works again :)
    Few pages back people were complaining that they do not have updates on time and must wait a week or two.
    I would like to hear them now when we got August update in July.
    Maybe someone can grab beta and share here like last year :)

If its out i mean.
    So people without any knowledge could complain about beta here? No, thank you :) We have some users who can't even restart their phone in proper way and you want them to use beta?
    One UI 5 Beta released for s22
    In this thread, you can discuss and share the Mega links of new firmwares (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G!
    NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk

How to flash the firmware to your phone:

Odin.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract the Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin
    5. Power OFF your S21 Ultra 5G
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone. Or use the command "adb reboot-bootloader".
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes for the device to automatically restart.

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in message #2

I have taken over these threads and they are dedicated to the memory of Henk, you can read more about him here:
    batman-listen.gif

Greetings to all. Just dropped by for a little more "Unsubstantiated Update Claim Game" or UUCG for short, cleaning! Since this appears to be an ongoing matter, I will be happy to just drop by everyday and remove these little buggers with immediate effect in an effort to keep the thread on topic, which is why some of you reported these in the first place.

This way, it will eliminate the reports, and save our Mods, me in particular, extra typing practice, even though I need it!

Cheers to all: Badger50
    pacman-game-over.gif
    For the love of Pete!! Thread cleaned again!
    Can we PLEASE stop with all the unnecessary back-n-forth with these updates!!!! I keep getting reports from various members about constant OT, griping, whining, this that, he said this he said that, and disrespectful and snarky comments CRAP!! So from now on, if I have to action further reports from members that have been repeatedly warned, I will take up the issue with you regarding XDA Rule #2 for member conduct via PM, which can/may result in disciplinary actions regarding your account.

So Please, keep this thread "ON TOPIC" out of respect for the OP, and for all other XDA members. THANK YOU!!

-Regards: Badger50
    I love the tension when an update comes. The anticipation of an update, the climax when it's released and then the oh....that was crap. Cycle restarts.
    Moderator Announcement

I've cleaned this thread from all the off-topic posts and flamings; my cleaning included all timezone "discussions", not-firmware or S21U related posts, attempts to moderate the thread and much more. Actually, I must say I cleaned the thread AGAIN after all the attempts of my team mates @Badger50 and @V0latyle - and the expectations I'd to read here that the thread gets automatically cleaned e.g. in the morning simply shows disrespect to moderators by wasting their valuable time that could be much better used.
    It finally got too much now! I've notified everybody whose post(s) got deleted i.e. everybody should be aware.

I'm requesting my team mates to inform me about anybody who still continues with this type of posting. In turn I'm going to revoke the members write permissions in this thread, initially temporarily for 2 weeks; however, the member will permanently have read permissions i.e. being inform of any firmwarm update. In case of recurring spamming, I'm gradually increasing the write ban to 4 weeks to eventually become permanently. I hope that this friendly warning helps to now keep the thread focussed. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator