General CVGB - August | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 28th July

Search This thread

George Musat

Apr 15, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Can you explain me how to change csc? Thanks

Get that app,you need a pc
Open the app,connect your phone and at the CHANGE CSC put DBT (for the fastest updates possible) and then click on CHANGE CSC and complete this process without restarting 3 times and then restart (for me it didn t worked first time so i did it 3 times and it worked,you cannot break anything for doing that)

Edit: Also in developer options you need to enable usb debugging and when you connect the phone a pop up should appear,if not,just try and do the process maybe it works)

Satir0

Jun 29, 2012
My device is ZTO and I am using a DBT ROM, I finally got the update via OTA after using the SamFW program!

Just to clarify, it is necessary to pass the DBT ROM with Odin and then use SamFw to change the region, as it is likely that some will try to change the region and it will not work.

tfn

May 31, 2010
London
Edit. Seems to be better today, may be just need to settle down.

Will see how it goes for a couple of days more 😉

So I managed to switch to DBT with the above mentioned tool ( Although it said some pass and some fail)

Got the update and stuff.

Now Twitter scrolling is very laggy and some apps seem laggy so not sure if it's an app issue or something else.

Anyone else have issues?

Done wipe cache and repair apps.

Last edited:

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Guys can you try something?

Play a video in YouTube and minimize the video. Should be a smooth animation.

Now open the comments of the video you're watching and mimimize the video again. It's a lagfest on my S22 Ultra and I think I had this issue on my S21 Ultra too.

It's not the App version. Tried it on my S10+ (but it has Android 10 installed).

Maybe it's an Android 12 issue or an S22 issue.

Attachments

• Screen_Recording_20220706-155328_YouTube.mp4
    35.5 MB · Views: 0

George Musat

Apr 15, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Guys can you try something?

Play a video in YouTube and minimize the video. Should be a smooth animation.

Now open the comments of the video you're watching and mimimize the video again. It's a lagfest on my S22 Ultra and I think I had this issue on my S21 Ultra too.

It's not the App version. Tried it on my S10+ (but it has Android 10 installed).

Maybe it's an Android 12 issue or an S22 issue.
YES! This **** is bugging me for a while and it is really bad

Reactions: iamnotkurtcobain

Top Liked Posts

Apparently not if the last few pages are anything to go by :)
    batt life, cams, or any feedback for that matter, relating to the fw updates should still be fine. just saying...otherwise, what else is there to talk about on this thread? "update available now for XXX".."ye, got it too".."same".."not here, w*f??? screw sammy" ;)
    I wish people in this thread would stop talking crap about Samsung. I'm as happy as I can be with my Exynos S21 Ultra and if you're not, just switch to another brand.

I'm not a Samsung fanboy and this is the first Samsung I've had in many years because I used to think they were crap, but I'm 100% sure any phone/brand out there will have its issues. We are way past the "simple" flagship smartphones that could have amazingly long SoTs with basically any usage.

Heck, even Google who are the creators of Android messed up roually on the Pixel 6 series especially on the software level.

You can't expect other brands to fix all the issues of the base Android system their iterations (One UI, etc) are based on.

I was a OnePlus fan before and they've let me down bad and I decided to switch to Samsung, and even though it may have its issues, at least the OS is actually secure and they care enough about their devices to simply release security updates, unlike OnePlus that takes 6 months or more between updates and other brands that only do it bimonthly or more.

Also, many people seem to have a misconception of what a flagship device is supposed to be these days.
    Sure they have many features and usually the best cameras and SoCs and batteries, but that alone doesn't mean they will have the best performance or the longest battery life or take the best photos ever.

There's no such thing as the perfect phone.

I'm fine with OT related to the firmware updates and what they were supposed to fix or not, about improvements or not here and there, but constantly slamming Samsung or blaming them for stuff they probably can't even fix is counterproductive IMO especially because no one from Samsung will read this thread or forum anyway.

TL;DR: if you're unhappy with Samsung, just switch. But don't come back whining when you find out every brand has issues and many are way worse than Samsung (from personal and friends' experiences).

Just my opinion @V0latyle @Badger50 @Electronic Punk
    batt life, cams, or any feedback for that matter, relating to the fw updates should still be fine. just saying...otherwise, what else is there to talk about on this thread? "update available now for XXX".."ye, got it too".."same".."not here, w*f??? screw sammy" ;)
    Finally one ui 5 adds battery health!!!!!
    Great, instead of benchmark posts we will see cry "why my battery life is xx%, I am not going to buy samsung anymore etc"
    Be careful as mods can ask you to "stop moderate this topic" 😆
    The issue is with users taking it upon themselves to police or moderate the forums, or creating many unnecessary reports.

This has been addressed in this thread several times. @Electronic Punk has made it clear that he doesn't mind some OT talk in this thread; most of the reports from this thread have been from a few users in particular, who for whatever reason seem to be making a point of reporting any post they don't like.

So, I'm going to try to make this perfectly clear:

DO NOT police other users' threads. You may request content be removed from your own thread, but the only time you should be reporting content in threads that aren't your own is when it violates the Forum Rules.

Stop the frequent unnecessary reports. You're creating more work for the moderator staff, when in reality, you just need to mind your own business. We are getting tired of it.

@Electronic Punk do me a favor and use this opportunity to clarify what the purpose of this thread is, as well as anything you'd like people to stop posting. We will use those guidelines going forward when moderating this thread.
    FIRMWARE UPDATES SM-G998B.

This used to be what this thread WAS all about. It's gone so far off topic now it's like being in another universe. All these multiple off topic subjects; battery life, camera issues, waterproof etc etc need to be posted in their own specific threads. They simply aren't relevant in a thread supposedly about firmware updates.

It would be great to get this thread BACK ON THE ACTUAL FIRMWARE UPDATES TOPIC AS IT SAYS IN THE THREAD TITLE.

Have a nice day folks.
    In this thread, you can discuss and share the Mega links of new firmwares (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G!
    NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk

How to flash the firmware to your phone:

Odin.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract the Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin
    5. Power OFF your S21 Ultra 5G
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone. Or use the command "adb reboot-bootloader".
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes for the device to automatically restart.

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in message #2

I have taken over these threads and they are dedicated to the memory of Henk, you can read more about him here:
    batman-listen.gif

Greetings to all. Just dropped by for a little more "Unsubstantiated Update Claim Game" or UUCG for short, cleaning! Since this appears to be an ongoing matter, I will be happy to just drop by everyday and remove these little buggers with immediate effect in an effort to keep the thread on topic, which is why some of you reported these in the first place.

This way, it will eliminate the reports, and save our Mods, me in particular, extra typing practice, even though I need it!

Cheers to all: Badger50
    pacman-game-over.gif
    For the love of Pete!! Thread cleaned again!
    Can we PLEASE stop with all the unnecessary back-n-forth with these updates!!!! I keep getting reports from various members about constant OT, griping, whining, this that, he said this he said that, and disrespectful and snarky comments CRAP!! So from now on, if I have to action further reports from members that have been repeatedly warned, I will take up the issue with you regarding XDA Rule #2 for member conduct via PM, which can/may result in disciplinary actions regarding your account.

So Please, keep this thread "ON TOPIC" out of respect for the OP, and for all other XDA members. THANK YOU!!

-Regards: Badger50
    I love the tension when an update comes. The anticipation of an update, the climax when it's released and then the oh....that was crap. Cycle restarts.
    Moderator Announcement

I've cleaned this thread from all the off-topic posts and flamings; my cleaning included all timezone "discussions", not-firmware or S21U related posts, attempts to moderate the thread and much more. Actually, I must say I cleaned the thread AGAIN after all the attempts of my team mates @Badger50 and @V0latyle - and the expectations I'd to read here that the thread gets automatically cleaned e.g. in the morning simply shows disrespect to moderators by wasting their valuable time that could be much better used.
    It finally got too much now! I've notified everybody whose post(s) got deleted i.e. everybody should be aware.

I'm requesting my team mates to inform me about anybody who still continues with this type of posting. In turn I'm going to revoke the members write permissions in this thread, initially temporarily for 2 weeks; however, the member will permanently have read permissions i.e. being inform of any firmwarm update. In case of recurring spamming, I'm gradually increasing the write ban to 4 weeks to eventually become permanently. I hope that this friendly warning helps to now keep the thread focussed. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator