General CVIF - October | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 29th September

Search This thread

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Internal testing of one ui 5 on the S21 series. Once the beta is released the chances are we'll get same build number as S22 (ZVH4) it currently shows DVH4 as Samsung is currently testing it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-215600_CheckFirm.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-215600_CheckFirm.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Screenshot_20220810-215608_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-215608_Samsung Internet.jpg
    779.6 KB · Views: 193

Omidi84

Dec 24, 2021
since the last update(CVGB) I noticed the auto night mode doesn't work for UW lens. can someone check that?

Reactions: mrduta

almora9

Feb 19, 2022
and the battery was definitely better in the previous update. in the last update, the battery is not good at all.

almora9

Feb 19, 2022
G998BXXU5CVDD - G998BXXU5CVF2 the battery was definitely better at this.

G998BXXU5CVGB the battery is not good at all. I will go back to CVDD again. I'm not going to do any updates anymore.

I was taking 9 hours with the same usage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220816-142108_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220816-142108_Device care.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 53

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DBT got CVHI now :)
    Untitled.png

There we go, now on DBT with September patches
    Note that if you install this you will not be able to jump to the beta, until a new beta 3 firmware is released with that upgrade path
    Clearing cache is pretty much useless these days and doesn't help as it used to imo
    Totally agree, just an old habit from the past, for placebo effect sake 🤣
    Hi.

DBT update.

Salu2

Screenshot_20220906_123204_CheckFirm.jpg
    In this thread, you can discuss and share the Mega links of new firmwares (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G!
    NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk

How to flash the firmware to your phone:

Odin.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract the Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin
    5. Power OFF your S21 Ultra 5G
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone. Or use the command "adb reboot-bootloader".
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes for the device to automatically restart.

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in message #2

I have taken over these threads and they are dedicated to the memory of Henk, you can read more about him here:
    batman-listen.gif

Greetings to all. Just dropped by for a little more "Unsubstantiated Update Claim Game" or UUCG for short, cleaning! Since this appears to be an ongoing matter, I will be happy to just drop by everyday and remove these little buggers with immediate effect in an effort to keep the thread on topic, which is why some of you reported these in the first place.

This way, it will eliminate the reports, and save our Mods, me in particular, extra typing practice, even though I need it!

Cheers to all: Badger50
    pacman-game-over.gif
    You know One great thing noticed in OneUI 5.0 is that battery killer shacking wakelock finally completely removed by Samsung. Just 5 minutes ago it came to my knowledge while digging oneui 5.0 for development purpose.

@Badger50 sorry for posting oneui 5.0 related stuff but indeed this matter most discussed in this thread so sharing good news that going to happen in future for all! This is something that users on this thread like to hear too!
    Kindly feel free to remove if you find it inappropriate.
    For the love of Pete!! Thread cleaned again!
    Can we PLEASE stop with all the unnecessary back-n-forth with these updates!!!! I keep getting reports from various members about constant OT, griping, whining, this that, he said this he said that, and disrespectful and snarky comments CRAP!! So from now on, if I have to action further reports from members that have been repeatedly warned, I will take up the issue with you regarding XDA Rule #2 for member conduct via PM, which can/may result in disciplinary actions regarding your account.

So Please, keep this thread "ON TOPIC" out of respect for the OP, and for all other XDA members. THANK YOU!!

-Regards: Badger50
    I love the tension when an update comes. The anticipation of an update, the climax when it's released and then the oh....that was crap. Cycle restarts.