General FXCL - APR | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 8th April

Search This thread

ryupunk

Feb 7, 2015
Cordoba
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
yes owo to owo and oxm to oxm as i know
can I change csc to any csc? Or only owo to owo, oxm to oxm, etc ?
I have an Argentinian SM-G998B which came with an OWO firmware. Tired of the slow updates and based on the fact that all G998Bs have the same hardware I took my changes and flashed the DBT OXM firmware and being running it (and doing odin updates) with no issues for months. Now I changed my CSC to DBT using the SamFW tool and everything works just fine and now I can get DBT OTA updates. Hope this helps.

atcndw

Sep 18, 2013
I have an Argentinian SM-G998B which came with an OWO firmware. Tired of the slow updates and based on the fact that all G998Bs have the same hardware I took my changes and flashed the DBT OXM firmware and being running it (and doing odin updates) with no issues for months. Now I changed my CSC to DBT using the SamFW tool and everything works just fine and now I can get DBT OTA updates. Hope this helps.
Thanks bro!
Are u able to use samsung pay and call recorder on dbt? (I'm using owo too, ZTO)

Last edited:

almora9

Feb 19, 2022
Since the latest update my battery has improved vastly. I used to get about 6 hours SOT. Today (heavy video day), I've got below, 8.5 hours. Nothing has changed, WQHD+, WiFi only, 60hz. Incredible! That's from 85% to 15%. I think if I ran 100% to 0 it'd scratch 10 hours.

%100

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220623-011312_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220623-011312_Device care.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: DS1000RR
@adamlee2012 @Lukasek112 @Darbar1701 this is exactly what I was afraid of certain apps not working. Is it possible that CSC is tied to the Spay or Spass?

On that note, let's say I change the CSC to DBT for just this update and then revert to XSG immediately after updating...would the phone download the same update when it's released for XSG??
I can confirm that Samsung pay has called it quits. I changed the CSC back to XSG but it's still the same

George Musat

Apr 15, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Ok I understand that where I m right now is very hot but it doesn t mean the screen should dim that much to the point I cannot see almost anything,IT IS A FLAGSHIP TO THE END OF THE DAY
also it lags like crrraaaappp
Screenshot_20220701-165853_Thermal Guardian.jpg

Ok I understand that where I m right now is very hot but it doesn t mean the screen should dim that much to the point I cannot see almost anything,IT IS A FLAGSHIP TO THE END OF THE DAY
also it lags like crrraaaappp
View attachment 5650189
Your thermal guardian settings are working as expected. (y) Everytime your temp has gone beyond the threshold you've set, it has kicked itn and successfully brought down the device temp.

If you want to reduce throttling, raise the temperature threshold to get a hotter but more functional device.

And "FLAGSHIP" is just an unofficial word without any real meaning. It does not automatically make a device infallible. Every manufacturer has lemons and for last couple of years, the most powerful Android chipsets run very hot, there's not much that can be done about it. It's happended before, and may happen again.

Sadly, we just have to live with it or change the device to something else that runs cooler.

Top Liked Posts