[CWM] ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 for Xperia T [UPDATED - 15/10/2012]

Search This thread

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
This is a CWM recovery for the Xperia T - you need to have unlocked your bootloader at http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKING YOUR PHONE ETC. ETC. ETC. - I'm sure you've heard the rest before.

Steps for installation:
  1. Download recovery from http://goo.im/devs/tilal6991/recoveries/mint/15102012.img
  2. Download fastboot and get it into a place where you can run it - I'm not going to provide instructions how - guides are all over the place
  3. Open a command window in the place where fastboot is
  4. Copy the recovery.img to the fastboot folder
  5. Type fastboot flash boot recovery.img
  6. Type fastboot reboot
  7. You will be in CWM!

Note:
The first time you install a ROM you will need to flash the boot.img of that ROM using fastboot - I'm hoping this restriction can be removed at a future date.

A CM port is also up - compiled by me.

Thanks to:
All the CM guys for having their code on Github - I didn't do anything but compile and figure out the instructions for flashing.

Last edited:

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
Hmm, so tempting but not sure since you've not tested it on the T. Someone else gonna go first? :D

EDIT: I am sorry, a bad assumption possibly. Have you tested this on a T?

Last edited:

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
I have. It's tested and working. I've flashed CyanogenMod and using it as a daily as well.

Last edited:

dd66

Jun 30, 2008
Paris
Will have my T today but I wonder how to access recovery in daily use? (undestood the 1st time access, but not the next accesses...)

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
Switch off phone.

Power on phone with volume down held.

And although I haven't tested there's nothing that indicates backup/restore won't work.

Sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk 2

papped

Jan 28, 2007
Hmm, the recovery just cycle boots into recovery mode. It never boots into system

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
As I said the first time you flash a ROM you will need to fast boot install the boot mage of the ROM.

papped

Jan 28, 2007
So then you are forced to flash a rom after installing cwm?

Sent from my Xperia T

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
Yes. Since you are flashing the boot partition its a pseudo recovery so a ROM needs to be flashed.

TheGreatSega

Nov 12, 2011
Bangalore
help

@tilal

im from the arc/s forums and i am in need of some help with compiling CWM 6 for my device

could you gimme a quick tut or something... coz the tut i found on xda was a little vague and difficult to understand

appreciate the help!!

I

Id Arcanum

your recovery wouldn't mount sdcard (internal) so i couldn't install cm10. just to let you know, don't know what went wrong, i just used another one i found and all working fine.

thanks, anyway.

Sent from my Xperia T

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
your recovery wouldn't mount sdcard (internal) so i couldn't install cm10. just to let you know, don't know what went wrong, i just used another one i found and all working fine.

thanks, anyway.

Sent from my Xperia T

I hope no one minds the question... but which other did you use? Going to slap the next rev of CM 10 when they post it.

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
New recovery up - quite a few fixes and updated to 6.0.1.5.

I flashed this last night successfully. I couldn't get side-loading to work, but it's smooth otherwise. Have not tested backup / restore yet.

Additionally, FWIW, I then flashed the Paranoid Android ROM, and while I've got some issues with it, I didn't have to flash the boot.img from the ROM for the ROM to boot, so I am not sure if that is still required or not... or maybe that's what's causing my issues with the ROM?

Thanks for the recovery!

frankoid

Oct 21, 2010
Google Pixel 4a
  • Type fastboot flash boot recovery.img

Note:
The first time you install a ROM you will need to flash the boot.img of that ROM using fastboot - I'm hoping this restriction can be removed at a future date.

So this recovery has to be initially installed on the boot partition, but does it copy itself to the recovery partition on first boot or do you have to reflash it every time you want to switch from running a ROM to running the recovery?

Also, is a stock boot.img available anywhere (so that this recovery can be used for nandroid backups with the stock rom)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CWM recovery for the Xperia T - you need to have unlocked your bootloader at http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKING YOUR PHONE ETC. ETC. ETC. - I'm sure you've heard the rest before.

Steps for installation:
    1. Download recovery from http://goo.im/devs/tilal6991/recoveries/mint/15102012.img
    2. Download fastboot and get it into a place where you can run it - I'm not going to provide instructions how - guides are all over the place
    3. Open a command window in the place where fastboot is
    4. Copy the recovery.img to the fastboot folder
    5. Type fastboot flash boot recovery.img
    6. Type fastboot reboot
    7. You will be in CWM!

Note:

A CM port is also up - compiled by me.

Thanks to:
    All the CM guys for having their code on Github - I didn't do anything but compile and figure out the instructions for flashing.
    New recovery up - quite a few fixes and updated to 6.0.1.5.
    Once I am finished with this recovery how do I turn the phone off?

SOLVED
    Hold vol + and - and power button.
    Is AROMA working in the recovery? ;)

I'm making a rom and I'd like to know it :)

Once I am finished with this recovery how do I turn the phone off?

SOLVED
    Hold vol + and - and power button.

Vol + and power should do it ;)
    Vol - and power is for screenshot in the firmware :)