[CWM Flashable] Terminator/Skynet Inspired Boot Theme

Search This thread

phokusone

Jul 18, 2011
the underground
Alright folks, here's something a little different that I've been working on for a long time.

It's a boot theme - a combination of splash screen and animation - inspired by the Skynet autonomous computer network from the Terminator films. The animation itself is long (30 seconds!) so you aren't likely to see all of it, but this is by design.

Due to the file placements and their sizes, we've prepared this as a flashable zip. This means that it is installed from recovery (the same way you flash roms) so no extra fiddling around is required.

Word of Caution: this will overwrite the existing splash screen as well as the bootanimation.zip from /data/local . These files will not be backed up automatically! If you need backups, you're on your own to do this prior to flashing. Information regarding the manipulation of the splash screen can be found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410040

The usual disclaimer applies. Use this file at your own risk! We tested it and it works but we are not responsible for damage to your device.

Click here to download!

prev0.jpg
prev1.jpg
prev2.jpg

(REMEMBER, THIS IS A FLASHABLE ZIP NOT A BOOTANIMATION.ZIP)

one love-

phokus
[team eos]

Last edited:

phokusone

Jul 18, 2011
the underground
How bout a video so we can see what it looks like.
Actually, it's still real without the pictures, but I put them in for the paranoid. It was meant to be something of a surprise but I guess I have too few posts to be assumed to be legitimate.

No video aside from these photos will be rendered. Sorry! If you'd like to pull apart the sequences and render them yourself, you are more than welcome to do so. In fact, this animation may even be adapted to other large scale wide format devices if desired just make sure you let me know about it.

The animation is *bad ass*. Just trust me and try it!

dtrud0h

Dec 11, 2011
Westport Island
Easy man...

I didn't mean to come across as untrusting or accusing! You're legit and thanks for the post, the pics, and the sweet animation. My previous post was meant as a tongue in cheek smartalec reply. Great work!!!

phokusone

Jul 18, 2011
the underground
Oh it's perfectly ok...no offense taken. I'd just literally spent days on producing this followed by a 15 minute render for just over 700 frames and posting some preview animations meant extra work !

I don't usually do the forum thing because of all the issues with it (you know what I mean, sorry mods I love you xda) and it didn't occur to me that this could have even been a potentially dangerous file coming from a newbie username. I'm part of team eos but people really only know me on IRC. I should do some official banners so people know the poster is from the team but that's another thing ...

enjoy! :)

one love-

phokus
[team eos]

wewoapsiak

Sep 12, 2009
Here's a quick gif I threw together for you to silence the critics. It's a bit small b/c the program I use couldn't handle making the gif out of the large images.

boot.gif

Reactions: adelancker

phokusone

Jul 18, 2011
the underground
Thanks for the preview gif :)

BTW: If you're familiar with Terminator and wondering what's happening in the sequence, it's not something cheesy like it may look like from previews. It's actually a startup sequence for a handheld radio device (much like your Xoom) that a human would have theoretically used to interface with the global skynet network and interface with the 'cloud'. It reveals more as it gets to play longer..

one love-

phokus
[team eos]

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
Oh it's perfectly ok...no offense taken. I'd just literally spent days on producing this followed by a 15 minute render for just over 700 frames and posting some preview animations meant extra work !

I don't usually do the forum thing because of all the issues with it (you know what I mean, sorry mods I love you xda) and it didn't occur to me that this could have even been a potentially dangerous file coming from a newbie username. I'm part of team eos but people really only know me on IRC. I should do some official banners so people know the poster is from the team but that's another thing ...

enjoy! :)

one love-

phokus
[team eos]

Don't worry phokus, i'll vouch for you. You guys better show some respect or phokus will definately pwn you. :D

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
Skynet Boot Theme

Hi,
I flashed - I guess my boot time is pretty fast... didn't get to see the full boot animation, and for some reason, little that I did see came out fuzzy on my screen. Weird :confused:
I dl'd again, flashed, same thing. I did not get to experience the awesome'ness like the rest of you :( ...

Last edited:

phokusone

Jul 18, 2011
the underground
As a troubleshooting step, could you please set your filesystem to r/w and delete your /system/bootanimation.zip and reflash?

Also, part of the condition may be that the above file is already missing. If it's missing, put one of our other bootanimations there (as in, one of the 3 i've done for eos 1.0, stock or the two from the other thread, no others) and reflash.

As much feedback as you can provide would be infinitely helpful in assisting in our research of ics bootanimation sequence handling.

..And it may fix your problem! :p

Thx in advance,

one love-

phokus
[team eos]

Reactions: J3bu5Cru57

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
As a troubleshooting step, could you please set your filesystem to r/w and delete your /system/bootanimation.zip and reflash?

Also, part of the condition may be that the above file is already missing. If it's missing, put one of our other bootanimations there (as in, one of the 3 i've done for eos 1.0, stock or the two from the other thread, no others) and reflash.

As much feedback as you can provide would be infinitely helpful in assisting in our research of ics bootanimation sequence handling.

Thx in advance,

one love-

phokus
[team eos]

Thanks for your help, however I followed the above instructions ... still have the same issue, fuzzy and cut off boot animation. It's ok I'll use my backup bootani. No worries.

RoToX23

Aug 4, 2011
Mumbai
Change the resoulution as im using a Galaxy 3

Soz ... didnt see it was only for xoom and i applied it on my Galaxy 3...:p....... can u somehow change the resolution and share ...plzz????

Last edited:

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
I get half the animation as well. When I went into recovery and wiped cache and dalv. the first boot after I got the full animation. After it fully loaded I immediately rebooted again, it was back to half the animation. Still Love the theme! Thank you:)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright folks, here's something a little different that I've been working on for a long time.

It's a boot theme - a combination of splash screen and animation - inspired by the Skynet autonomous computer network from the Terminator films. The animation itself is long (30 seconds!) so you aren't likely to see all of it, but this is by design.

Due to the file placements and their sizes, we've prepared this as a flashable zip. This means that it is installed from recovery (the same way you flash roms) so no extra fiddling around is required.

Word of Caution: this will overwrite the existing splash screen as well as the bootanimation.zip from /data/local . These files will not be backed up automatically! If you need backups, you're on your own to do this prior to flashing. Information regarding the manipulation of the splash screen can be found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410040

The usual disclaimer applies. Use this file at your own risk! We tested it and it works but we are not responsible for damage to your device.

Click here to download!

prev0.jpg
    prev1.jpg
    prev2.jpg

(REMEMBER, THIS IS A FLASHABLE ZIP NOT A BOOTANIMATION.ZIP)

one love-

phokus
    [team eos]
    Pictures or it isn't real.

How bout a video so we can see what it looks like.
    Here's a quick gif I threw together for you to silence the critics. It's a bit small b/c the program I use couldn't handle making the gif out of the large images.

boot.gif

Thx in advance,

one love-

phokus
    [team eos]