• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

CWM-Kit KAT compatible -

Search This thread

flasherruts

Sep 11, 2013
Mumbai
since google has recently released their official new android version , aka , kit kat (4.4) , many devs have also started to port and make new roms for our beloved galaxy s2. but . to flash such roms on our device , i9100 needs to run the proper and compatible recovery which can run the kit kat custom roms . i searched a lot and also found a few people stating in a few posts , about the required recovery . i have done no efforts whatsoever . thank the guy (max lee @ galaxys2root.com ) for extracting the kernel/recovery from cm10.2 and making a flashable zip . attached the file below .
Copy the .zip file onto your sd card and flash it from your cwm.after flashing , reboot your recovery and ... voila ! you'll be running cwm recovery v6.0.4.5 ! thats just about it folks ! thanks a lot for your time .

Press thanks if i helped you .

Attachments

• CWM-KitKatCompatible-i9100.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 365,435

Zejsters

Feb 18, 2011
Mumbai
Sorry to pop your bubble, but this topic doesn't belong to Original Android Development section ( I GUESS). Anyways, thank you for the recovery.:)

LupulAlb611

Oct 30, 2013
Bucharest
Kit-Kat official

Guys,to be honest,why in the world google has stopped the support for SGS2 back to 4.1.2 ? running custom ROMs on 4.2 or 4.3 shows us that the device is supporting greater versions of the Android. I just wonder...I got my SGS2 after i compared this phone with an iPhone 4 that i owned. After i saw that SGS2 is way better,i trade my iphone for s2. This device need more official support in my opinion. sorry if i post this a bit off-topic.

deedii

May 25, 2011
Guys,to be honest,why in the world google has stopped the support for SGS2 back to 4.1.2 ? running custom ROMs on 4.2 or 4.3 shows us that the device is supporting greater versions of the Android. I just wonder...I got my SGS2 after i compared this phone with an iPhone 4 that i owned. After i saw that SGS2 is way better,i trade my iphone for s2. This device need more official support in my opinion. sorry if i post this a bit off-topic.

In terms of capacity yes its capable but the overall reason is MARKET STRATEGY by the manufacturer. OT.

LupulAlb611

Oct 30, 2013
Bucharest
In terms of capacity yes its capable but the overall reason is MARKET STRATEGY by the manufacturer. OT.

Market Strategy is why I switched from IOS to Android. Apple and his main product sucks big time,Iphone 4 is less performant than an average android phone ( i keep telling iphone users that an huawei phone can beat an iPhone easy ) so whatta hell ? I understand that every manufacturer needs to make money,but shutting down the support for a 2 years phone in order to promote your latest devices is just unfair. THANK YOU XDA FORUM FOR EXISTING ! :victory:

ryansmth76

Jun 27, 2013
Market Strategy is why I switched from IOS to Android. Apple and his main product sucks big time,Iphone 4 is less performant than an average android phone ( i keep telling iphone users that an huawei phone can beat an iPhone easy ) so whatta hell ? I understand that every manufacturer needs to make money,but shutting down the support for a 2 years phone in order to promote your latest devices is just unfair. THANK YOU XDA FORUM FOR EXISTING ! :victory:

Its still better and popular than any other 2 years old phone and even many latest phones. Samsung should not stop its development just because its a two years old phone its still a powerful, popular and capable device so it deserves more updates
Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

deedii

May 25, 2011

Its still better and popular than any other 2 years old phone and even many latest phones. Samsung should not stop its development just because its a two years old phone its still a powerful, popular and capable device so it deserves more updates

Deal with it, thats how business works.

Reactions: flasherruts

flasherruts

Sep 11, 2013
Mumbai
you can find the latest cwm recovery in any latest kk rom available for our device ... the one i attached is an earlier version of cwm ... or you can flash @ Gustavo's kernel for cm11 , slimkat , or omni .. which i think i has the latest cwm recovery ( v6.0.4.7 )
All the best !

Reactions: cammi123

Darkfate1720

Dec 12, 2015
since google has recently released their official new android version , aka , kit kat (4.4) , many devs have also started to port and make new roms for our beloved galaxy s2. but . to flash such roms on our device , i9100 needs to run the proper and compatible recovery which can run the kit kat custom roms . i searched a lot and also found a few people stating in a few posts , about the required recovery . i have done no efforts whatsoever . thank the guy (max lee @ galaxys2root.com ) for extracting the kernel/recovery from cm10.2 and making a flashable zip . attached the file below .
Copy the .zip file onto your sd card and flash it from your cwm.after flashing , reboot your recovery and ... voila ! you'll be running cwm recovery v6.0.4.5 ! thats just about it folks ! thanks a lot for your time .

after flashing the recovery from my previous CWm recovery the phone is softbricked i think
please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Kit-Kat official