[CWM&ODIN][XXLQ2]AllianceROM N7000 ICS v1

Are u waiting for v2

• Total voters
Search This thread

hykhleif

Oct 3, 2008
afaik thats placebo effect mate and does not work in touchwiz roms

don't get me wrong robbie but this time it does have an effect, i am very critical bout audio sound quality and never did i have a great experience in sound quality like after i installed awesome beats audio

Goldie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2010
don't get me wrong robbie but this time it does have an effect, i am very critical bout audio sound quality and never did i have a great experience in sound quality like after i installed awesome beats audio

You get the same effect with a music player with good EQ settings

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

betoNL

afaik thats placebo effect mate and does not work in touchwiz roms

Hmmm....No placebo, maybe a tad overrated, but no placebo...
Amazing with those songs with heavy bass, very noticeable .

And works on some touchwiz roms like Criskelo V8 (tested) and RR B7 (didnt test it)
Only that I always freeze / remove TW :eek: ...or simply remove it from default.
I use only ADW Ex or GO Ex launchers

Avoiding TW have only brought me benefits, since my SGS1 times ;)

By the way, what about that NoteCore kernel description/features? Is it a no go ?

Cheers

LaCroyx

May 26, 2012
Bucharest
My flashing psychosis wants updates for this beautifull rom, but than again it really doesn't need any update. Ohh well at leat a little up for this thread and this great rom :D

LaCroyx

May 26, 2012
Bucharest
Its called OCFD

Obssessive Compulsive Flashing Disorder :silly:

True that, even if I am happy with the current rom I still need to flash something even if it is the same rom :D:D

Hey flashaholics :D

Im gonna start porting this rom to new firmware this weekend and will make a start on the s3 ripple lock. Dont expect a release this weekend but just wanted to let u guys know i will be starting a new rom. :) ill take my time to fix text and such

Cheers !

I'm happier than when it's Christmas :laugh:

Last edited:

stumo5

Jan 19, 2010
Been using this rom for a few weeks now. So much better than the last 2 roms I tried. Smooth and rock-solid stable. Good work mate.

I want to try a bit of undervolting, what would be a good kernel to go with AllianceROM for that purpose? I'd like to use setCPU to control it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AllianceROM N7000 ICS v1

Check the changelog HERE

Check the cool FAOSP based theme HERE

Download Alliance-ROM_N7000 ICS v1 HERE

How to install go HERE

Respect the work this is all done by hand by modifying the codes out of love for the scene.
    Not a simple "drag and drop packages" or Kitchen ROM

Major Credits to Ficeto without him our ROMs would never be as stable as they are because of his work in the kernels, scripts , ROM layouts and more and more... Appreciate the guy , dont let work that you dont see at first hand be in vain :D
    And offcourse credits to my fellow DEVs comnam90 and Goldie , whom are releasing full roms aswell for i9000 and I9100....

Team Alliance
    WE WILL PREVAIL !!!

Ficetos NoteCore ICS Sources

Changelog AllianceROM N7000 ICS v1:

• Based on latest Stable Samsung release: XXLQ2 Android 4.0.3

* XXLPT Modem

* XEULP4 CSC

• Ficetos NoteCore ICS 0.5 , Pre-Rooted

• Deodexed / Zip aligned

• CRT Off animation Fixed and optional via the new AllianceMOD Settings app thanks Ficeto

• 8 FRAOSP Status bar toggles with long press to parent settings functionality

* Whole ROM Based on FRAOSP theme, Very intensive AOSP theme revert thanks Ficeto

* 3 lockscreens via AllianceMOD Setting being Samsung stock / Prime and AOSP

• Increase/decrease Font Size in Setting/Display

• Added 4 boot options under the restart button ( powermenu )

• Mms.apk Convert sms to mms after 100 messages and raised max recipients to 100 ( clear data in settings / applications/manage app / mms.apk )

• Call Recording on stock phone.apk (saved on /sdcard/sounds)

• non increasing ringtone

• New AllianceROM Bootanimation thanks udkSD@www.alliance-rom.com

- modified taskmanager SenseStyle (Home button)

- Transparent Phone/Contacts/MMS

- New pop-ups

* added NovaLauncher and S3 TouchWiz

* S3 Shutdown animation and friendly bootsound

* S04disableMTP .Killed MTP application so once usb is activated in settings /usb utils , mass storage will work as in Gingerbread via the dropdown menu

Probably more i cant think of right now ..... TIME TO RELEASEEEEE

And offcourse as much ICS theme as i could come up with :p
    Hey flashaholics :D

Im gonna start porting this rom to new firmware this weekend and will make a start on the s3 ripple lock. Dont expect a release this weekend but just wanted to let u guys know i will be starting a new rom. :) ill take my time to fix text and such

Cheers !
    Check HERE for more screenshots and a youtube video ... i just cant get it to work here on xda :D
    Safe Flash GUIDE :

Ok guys n gals,

as you all know there where huge risks with the kernel and emmc chip in flashing this ICS firmwares on our note.
    After intensive testing by me and Ficeto (who lost his note in the process) we have results that can go public.
    Follow my guide to the letter or you could end up with root problems or roms not flashing properly.

My advise as a starting point is Gingerbread no matter what ROM or version.
    Are you coming from an aosp ICS ROM or a build not by us then please proceed in flashing our AllianceROM N7000 GB 3.4 Resurrection ROM before the whole process. (check it here)
    Once you run the ROM you will need to clear data via settings/applications /all/DarkyOTA and afterwards remove the DarkyOTA app from /system/app and download AllianceOTA app from the market.
    If for some reason the app crashes afterwards then just uninstall it one more time and reinstall via the market.

When the app installed you need to open it and go to the ROM config tab.
    Select in here whatever you want but be sure you TICK WIPE !!!

Now here is a step where you as a user need to make the choice what you want to use.
    We need to flash a XXLPY repack via Odin, whether this is MobileOdin or the Odin i provide with the REPACK ROM does not matter (small Odin guide below, for mobile odin guide you will have to use google because i dont use this app) . Flashing with Odin via pc however , will raise the custom binnary counter but its a safe flash because the devices where meant to be flashed like this. In the download section off this post you will find Chainfires triangle away 1.51 which will clear both counter and triangle . So just flash via Odin :p

Once this ROM is booted you can check the stock samsung rom a bit if you want something to compare
    When you are done , reboot in recovery via the three button combo , volume up + home + power and let go when you see the n7000 splash screen ... Now dont tempt to go wipe anything or think you need to have this or that wiped with every flash !!! Stop , Dont touch and quickly move on to choose zip from sd and just flash the rom.

Thats All

Small Odin Guide:

Odin is a leaked flash utility by samsung.
    In my oppinion this stays the safest way to flash your phone, my I9100 is currently at 114 odin flashes or something and my N7000 since last week on 86 Odin flashes. It will raise the counter but there is chainfires triangle(reset counter) app :)
    So you have downloaded part 1 and are not sure how to flash via Odin.
    Its quite a handy and easy utility.

Just unzip XXLPY_NoteCoreICS.zip to lets say the desktop.
    In this zip you will find several files :

N7000XXLPY_n7000OXALPY-blablabla.tar
    Odin3.ini
    Odin3v1.87.exe
    Q1_20110914_16GB.pit

Before starting its handy to know if you have the Samsung USB drivers installed.
    If you have KIES running on your pc then you will have the drivers but need to be sure that you kill all processes related to kies in the taskmanager (kiestrayagent for example).
    If you dont have the drivers just google em real quick they are widely spread over the net.

Now to start in Odin.. its real easy
    Just double click Odin.exe to open the programm.

Boot your phone in download mode by holding down : volume down + home + power untill the phone reboots and you see the N7000 splash-screen, from there it should boot to download mode.
    Once there just plug the phone via USB to your computer and Odin should verify by a yellow com box that the device is connected.
    Then just add XXLPY to PDA and the pitfile at pit.
    Should look something like this
    attachment.php

thats all
    Now just press start and let Odin do the work