[CWM PERM ROOT] Flashable CWM root zip for Bell\Rogers HTC Raider

G

GuestK00386

This file will only work on Bell/Rogers HTC Raider as far as i know with an unlocked bootloader.

*Credit to bjg222
*Credit to pirateghost for creating a CWM root zip file
*Credit to bananacakes for CWM recovery 5.0.2.7

Instructions

-Unlock bootloader through htcdev.com

-Boot into H-Boot using volume down+power and select fastboot by tapping the power button again

-Connect phone to pc using usb and make sure usb-debugging is enabled and you are in charge mode

-Download adbfastbootrecovery.zip View attachment adbfastbootrecovery.zip

-Extract file contents to somewhere on computer (i recommend desktop!)

-Run adb from the folder you just extracted and type in Fastboot flash recovery root_recovery.img and wait for it to finish

-Put attached CWM root zip file on root of internal sdcard (HTC_STORAGE) View attachment VIVID_CWM_ROOT.zip

-Boot into H-Boot using volume down+power and select recovery (volume down+power)

-Select install zip from sdcard

-Flash attached VIVID_CWM_ROOT.zip through recovery

-Reboot
You should now have permanent root on your Bell\Rogers HTC RAIDER :D

*These are the exact steps i used and they worked perfectly and i hope they do for you as well*

*Standard disclaimer: I am not responsible if this screws up your device*

Last edited:

Sep 5, 2009
so I flashed CWM and that was a success. Finished flashing root.zip and seemed to be working.

However now the SU interface on the phone is gliched, with no button or anything that I can click on. Anyone has similar problem?

Sep 5, 2009
so I flashed CWM and that was a success. Finished flashing root.zip and seemed to be working.

However now the SU interface on the phone is gliched, with no button or anything that I can click on. Anyone has similar problem?
Wiped data and cache, reinstalled SU from marketplace, problem still exists.

I do have root access on my raider, however I don't get any promt pop up from SU whenever an app is asking for root; instead the app gains root access automatically, and the glitched SU interface would still show no app and no log entry.

Tried to update binary, showed my current version is Legacy, and then update failed on "obtaining root access"

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Wiped data and cache, reinstalled SU from marketplace, problem still exists.

I do have root access on my raider, however I don't get any promt pop up from SU whenever an app is asking for root; instead the app gains root access automatically, and the glitched SU interface would still show no app and no log entry.

Tried to update binary, showed my current version is Legacy, and then update failed on "obtaining root access"
remove superuser.apk from /system/app
reboot
then see if the superuser from market will work properly

Sep 5, 2009
remove superuser.apk from /system/app
reboot
then see if the superuser from market will work properly
Deleted superuser.apk through RE file explore, rebooted and installed SU on the market.

Now I can get prompt working, however something is still missing.
here are the screenshots of the UI

ToyGUN

Jul 7, 2010
Bby
Deleted superuser.apk through RE file explore, rebooted and installed SU on the market.

Now I can get prompt working, however something is still missing.
here are the screenshots of the UI

Look to see if the superuser.apk is still in your /system/app if it is
Use add remount your system and then rm superuser.apk and maybe try getting the binary into xbin again.
Sent from my HTC-X710a using XDA App

Sep 5, 2009
Look to see if the superuser.apk is still in your /system/app if it is
Use add remount your system and then rm superuser.apk and maybe try getting the binary into xbin again.
Sent from my HTC-X710a using XDA App
No, the .apk file is gone since I manually deleted it, and reinstall it from market didn't put it back to /system/app

Zombiejc

Nov 4, 2011
I screwed up, got the phone rooted and everything but then was fooling around and flashed a rom I shouldn't have and now my phone is stuck in a cycling boot sequence where I see the HTC screen and then turns off and turns back on. I am am able to get to the bootloader but recovery and factory reset don't work. Can anyone help, I've tried looking for a Raider recovery image to flash but that was unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance, I'm new to droids

mohsinkhan47

Jun 20, 2009
If your phone turns on and off by its own then your isn't bricked. Something must have gone wrong while you were trying to root it.

You probably need to flash recovery if you can and flash your phone with a stock rom.

I screwed up, got the phone rooted and everything but then was fooling around and flashed a rom I shouldn't have and now my phone is stuck in a cycling boot sequence where I see the HTC screen and then turns off and turns back on. I am am able to get to the bootloader but recovery and factory reset don't work. Can anyone help, I've tried looking for a Raider recovery image to flash but that was unsuccessful.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using XDA App

Pirateghost

Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com

try this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1338919

grab the one for your phone, and try to install it.

Zombiejc

Nov 4, 2011
Thanks guys, I downloaded what seemed to be the right rom, the one that said Rogers in the name, but when going thru the installation process the program errors out with 155 error and that supposedly an error that I'm installing the wrong rom, I don't know what to do now.

Reactions: Amartier

cheeze377

Nov 17, 2011
I am having the same problem as member 93795311 except I cannot even delete SU apk using Root explorer as I can't change to "mount as r/w". I have tried going into adb shell "su" but I get permission denied. I have install busybox sucessfully. I downloaded Root Checker Pro and this was what the result was:
Superuser Application Status:
Superuser application - version 3.0.6 - is installed!

System File Properties for Root Access:
Standard location
ls -l /system/bin/su:
-rw-r--r-- root root 22228 2008-08-01 08:00 su

Standard location
ls -l /system/xbin/su:

/system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

Alternate location /sbin/su:
/sbin/su: Permission denied

Alternate location /system/xbin/sudo:
/system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory

Root User ID and Group ID Status:
SU binary not found or not operating properly

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

ADB Shell Default User:
ADB shell setting for standard access, stored in default.prop, is configured as: shell (non root) user - ro.secure=1

Can anyone give me some direction? I seem to be partially rooted but I don't know what to do from here.
Thanks.

albaboi123

Nov 9, 2009
Toronto
hey guys i need help with my Rogers HTC Raider,
i'm at the htcdev part where you enter the command
fastboot oem_get_identifier token and it just stops.
it says "waiting for device" for a while now.

i did do an "adb devices" and it shows the device HT1....so i know it detects it.

any suggestions?

Pirateghost

Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
hey guys i need help with my Rogers HTC Raider,
i'm at the htcdev part where you enter the command
fastboot oem_get_identifier token and it just stops.
it says "waiting for device" for a while now.

i did do an "adb devices" and it shows the device HT1....so i know it detects it.

any suggestions?
ADB and fastboot are different

do a
fastboot devices
and see if it returns the device HT1

you are in fastboot mode right?

albaboi123

Nov 9, 2009
Toronto
i have that question too.
In the beginning steps on the htcdev site it says go to fastboot but how do i do that?

i would turn the device off
press power+volume down
and the device just turns on...