[CWM] Philz Touch Recovery for Xperia E1 with locked bootloader

Search This thread

luckyatfeal

Oct 12, 2015
It's possible to root the latest build of d2005 with unlocked boot loader. Now I'm typing from my d2005 running Android 4.4.##. And it's rooted. Try kingroot apk.

stillchimp

Nov 8, 2012
I keep getting this:

Is there anyway to fix this?
I have Busybox installed.
Hi, for anyone getting the busybox not installed error....

I just installed this on a friend's phone and also got the error, so I opened up the install.bat, the line that does the work and contains the problem is this one:
adb shell su -c "cd /data/local/tmp/strapinstaller && chmod 755 system/bootstrap/bin/busybox && chmod 755 install_hijack.sh && ./install_hijack.sh"

By that stage the installer data is already on the phone, so the only problem is that the 2x chmod commands didn't work, and the install_hijack.sh hasn't yet run.

To get past this, connect to adb shell and type su, this should give you a '#' prompt indicating you have superuser access. Then type those commands manually, I did one line at a time, so :
cd /data/local/tmp/strapinstaller
chmod 755 system/bootstrap/bin/busybox
chmod 755 install_hijack.sh
./install_hijack.sh

And all worked fine, recovery installed.

lamale78

Jul 19, 2009
Krakow

I just installed this on a friend's phone and also got the error, so I opened up the install.bat, the line that does the work and contains the problem is this one:

By that stage the installer data is already on the phone, so the only problem is that the 2x chmod commands didn't work, and the install_hijack.sh hasn't yet run.

To get past this, connect to adb shell and type su, this should give you a '#' prompt indicating you have superuser access. Then type those commands manually, I did one line at a time, so :

./install_hijack.sh

connect where, what? still getting error instaling recovery chmod755 not found. frustrainting, spent one hour trying to understand what to do, to connect to adb shell, and I'm still not able to

stillchimp

Nov 8, 2012
connect where, what? still getting error instaling recovery chmod755 not found. frustrainting, spent one hour trying to understand what to do, to connect to adb shell, and I'm still not able to

Hi,

I'm on linux, and have adb setup already and so typing "adb shell" I get a command window (shell) to my phone. Once in that shell you can type commands one after another as you have a persistent connection until you exit the shell or unplug the phone.

If you have adb installed on your system, it should be possible for you to go ahead with the instructions in my previous post. However, the way to start adb is likely a little different depending on your operating system. If you don't have adb it's one of the tools provided with the android SDK, it may also be possible to install only a few tools to avoid a bit download/installation, I'm not sure... you could try searching around for how to install just adb on your system.

hope this helps

MaahLuz

Apr 12, 2012
good, but not so much

Hello. i have a xeria e1 d2004 kitkat 20.1.A.2.19and used this tutorial everythin went fine ...
but not the part to go back to android, cuz i tried to go back and kept this loop: black, sony logo, black again n never booting system.

anyone has suggestions about what to do and how to boot android?

thanks in advance

itsnie

Mar 24, 2014
Hello. i have a xeria e1 d2004 kitkat 20.1.A.2.19and used this tutorial everythin went fine ...
but not the part to go back to android, cuz i tried to go back and kept this loop: black, sony logo, black again n never booting system.

thanks in advance
Ah you need to flash your device though flashtool, emma, or pcc ..
But i recomended to use flashtool

Sent from my D2105 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Tips to install this recovery without pc ..

-Extract bootstrap alpha 0.1.zip though root explorer for example
-Rename /system/bin/e2fsck to e2fsck_hijacked
-Move "e2fsck" from /bootstrap alpha 0.1/files/system/bin to /system/bin (set e2fsck permission to 0755 "rw xr xr x")
-Move "bootstrap" folder from /bootstrap alpha 0.1/files/system to /system, no need to set the permission of "bootstrap" folder
-At last reboot your device, when you see blue led bring up, press your volume down button, and you'll go onto phillz recovery

Last edited:

MaahLuz

Apr 12, 2012
thanks for answering, but id like to understand this better and for that i have some questions:

1- I did a backup using this custon recovery but its not a update.zip or ftf, how can i use the backup folder to reinstall rom?
and yes i already tried to restore using custom recovery, but obviusly nothin.

2- If I flash a (the only) customized russian rom xperia e1 d2005, how will i be able to have my stock rom back?

3- how do i remove this philz recovery? is the custom recovery that is causing the bootloop?
and is there any twrp custom recovery for xperia e1? cuz i havent found xperia at compatible device list.. or a cwm in case twrp aint possible?

4- how do i flash the update from pc companion? its just a bunch of "FILE_9286434" there isnt a .sin file on the folder

5- if bootloader is unlocked pc companion wont work anymore?

6- if there a safestrap for xperia? why not?

i've been searching im trying to be certain before doing something like flash but i just got more confused.

itsnie

Mar 24, 2014
@MaahLuz

1. The backup created after install this recovery right ? That's why "nothing"

2. Any customized is stock rom buddy

3. Simple, just remove e2fsk from /system/bin then rename e2fsck_hijacked to e2fsck, when you're on recovery, you can do that with aroma file manager (googling it), no for now and yes twrp for e1 isn't impossible

4. You need to created the ftf file though flashtool with that file (google it, how to do that)

5. I can say yes for high end sony device, but i don't know for low end device

6. I not understand about it #lol

MaahLuz

Apr 12, 2012
@itsnie

Hello again! i followed a tutorial from marsamgod using PC Companion and its all good.

1- ...yeah :c

2- oh *noob shame*, well anyway i meant with all the crap that comes on the original rom in case i need to sell it.

3- oh thanks for intructions. great! next time i'll use twrp

4- aaah thanks! im going to do it.

5- pff! so, as i said, gonna have my own rom backup just in case

6- oh, well its like a rom manager to safely switch between roms

thanks for answering!!

MaahLuz

Apr 12, 2012
@MaahLuz

1. The backup created after install this recovery right ? That's why "nothing"

2. Any customized is stock rom buddy

3. Simple, just remove e2fsk from /system/bin then rename e2fsck_hijacked to e2fsck, when you're on recovery, you can do that with aroma file manager (googling it), no for now and yes twrp for e1 isn't impossible

4. You need to created the ftf file though flashtool with that file (google it, how to do that)

5. I can say yes for high end sony device, but i don't know for low end device

6. I not understand about it #lol

hello again, i tried to follow ur tutorial to install without pc but it didnt work. btw my d2004 aint 20.1.A.0.47 it is 20.1.A.2.19 and i believe its not compatible or somethin like that do i have to change to 20.1.A.0.47?

itsnie

Mar 24, 2014
hello again, i tried to follow ur tutorial to install without pc but it didnt work. btw my d2004 aint 20.1.A.0.47 it is 20.1.A.2.19 and i believe its not compatible or somethin like that do i have to change to 20.1.A.0.47?

Maybe you miss something, because i use latest frimware too, but my device is a dual version

ako9

Feb 3, 2015
St.Gallen
c2af7f921be4cf255e71f3cf7b7dae67.png

I have this Error,how i can fix it?

ako9

Feb 3, 2015
St.Gallen

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

-Move "e2fsck" from /bootstrap alpha 0.1/files/system/bin to /system/bin (set e2fsck permission to 0755 "rw xr xr x")
-Move "bootstrap" folder from /bootstrap alpha 0.1/files/system to /system, no need to set the permission of "bootstrap" folder
-At last reboot your device, when you see blue led bring up, press your volume down button, and you'll go onto phillz recovery

i have tryed with e2fsck and i still don't have recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Custom Recovery doesn't need a unlocked bootloader, but you must have:
    - a rooted Xperia E1
    - a computer
    - a brain

How to Install:
    1. Extract the downloaded zip
    2. Enable ADB at Settings> Developer Options> USB debugging.
    3. Connect your phone to PC using USB
    4. Run install.bat

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ZCRhr7_DQxUGZpbzlrb3V5SlU/view?usp=sharing

I have found this Recovery here: http://galaxyypocketfans.blogspot.de/2014/11/xperiae1all-variants-bootstrap-for.html
    I keep getting this:

Is there anyway to fix this?
    I have Busybox installed.

adb shell su -c "cd /data/local/tmp/strapinstaller && chmod 755 system/bootstrap/bin/busybox && chmod 755 install_hijack.sh && ./install_hijack.sh"

./install_hijack.sh

How about locked loader at E1 dual with root? I can install this without problem?

It should run on the xperia e1 dual. just try it at send feedback.
    You can flash an official kernel from Sony even if the bootloader is locked/can't be unlocked.
    With Flashtool, selecting flashmode.

thanks in advance

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone