[CWM][RELEASE] Clockworkmod recovery for P1010

Search This thread

mattrb

Jan 15, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 6 Pro
1. Is this OK for US Galaxy Tab GT-P1010CWAXAR.

US Galaxy Tab Wifi P1010 Gingerbread Guide

I put GB on the GT-P1010-CW16ARB from newegg US. Link. I got bootloops. :(

Was sad but I googled P1010 bootloop and people found a solution. :)

waqypaqy says to flash this rom to fix bootloop http://www.multiupload.com/KJO2KALU2O

Once I flashed this I was on a european froyo build. This allowed the Gingerbread build to be able to successfully flash without bootloop. I had no problems afterward. I dont think that the US build was made to handle the EURO builds.

Last edited:

gogomogo

Jan 19, 2009
US Galaxy Tab Wifi P1010 Gingerbread Guide

I put GB on the GT-P1010-CW16ARB from newegg US. Link. I got bootloops. :(

Was sad but I googled P1010 bootloop and people found a solution. :)

waqypaqy says to flash this rom to fix bootloop http://www.multiupload.com/KJO2KALU2O

Once I flashed this I was on a european froyo build. This allowed the Gingerbread build to be able to successfully flash without bootloop. I had no problems afterward. I dont think that the US build was made to handle the EURO builds.

at my first flash i flashed 2.3.6 to my stock Rom and didn't have any bootloops.
then i back to Froyo.kc1 and flashed 608#1 kernel. and i flashed 2.3.6 again
i got bootloops.
608#1 kernel is i think from US.

no need to flash HK rom completely
just need Hk rom's kernel.

Froyo to gingerBread you need to flash this kernel
http://narod.ru/disk/20740550001/P1010ZHKF1-kernel.ZIP.html
then Flash Gingerbread. no more bootloop

gogomogo

Jan 19, 2009
just unrar or unzip the gb rom, in pda on odin, select the .tar file, them flash, but befor flash cfroot krnelbin first post, just download and flash.

Before cfroot, i have to flash gb rom right?
Then flash cfroot.
This is not my issue. My issue ( in gb ) is battery status. İt shows "discharging" not
"not charging"

splattx_x

Mar 31, 2011
Has anyone noticed that whith Gingerbread when you plug the Tab to the PC it shows a red X over the battery icon and it doesn't charge? Or is it just me?

PS. Shouldn't we discuss general Gingerbread in another thread? Maybe here? I have just violated my suggestion with this post, but maybe for the future? That way we can keep this thread clean for CWM development and testing... just a thought...

Last edited:
Reactions: alexgogan

Beackman

Oct 6, 2009
São Paulo
Has anyone noticed that whith Gingerbread when you plug the Tab to the PC it shows a red X over the battery icon and it doesn't charge? Or is it just me?

PS. Shouldn't we discuss general Gingerbread in another thread? Maybe here? I have just violated my suggestion with this post, but maybe for the future? That way we can keep this thread clean for CWM development and testing... just a thought...

Happens like in froyo, a red X on battery icon, and yes, they charge, but verrrrrryyyy slow, like a hours and hours to full charge on USB port.

Reactions: splattx_x

collide

Aug 15, 2010
That might depend on your USB port, i have no issues charging my tab through USB,

Sent from my GT-P1010 using xda premium

aquarist

Feb 17, 2008
bad news from samsung :(((

ww w.sammobile.com/2011/12/22/official-no-android-4-0-for-galaxy-s-and-galaxy-tab/

gogomogo

Jan 19, 2009
Cwm in cfroot makes 4-5 pieces .tar files when you try backup. I thought creates just one .tar file as ROM.

GreyCelt

Apr 28, 2011
Portland, Oregon
US vs. EURO

mattrb, if I end up with the EURO build, won't that make some apps (especially the Google apps) not work since some of them are for US devices only?

Also, I don't think anyone answered my other questions. Any help would be wonderful!

I am hesitant to flash this on my Tab because I don't want to render it useless for US Market apps and, from what I am reading, these are all Honk Kong, European, or other non-US versions of the Firmware, kernel, and/or Gingerbread. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Bottom line...can I just flash the ClockWorkMod Recovery only? If I can just get CWM on my tab without needing to flash the stock-kernel.tar or the Gingerbread.tar file, then I can wait to see if someone comes up with a ROM that is more stable for the US GT-P1010CWAXAR without the boot-loops or other problems that I'm reading about on this thread.

Thank you again!!

xwrb3

Jan 5, 2008
Seminole
www.randabrown.com
mattrb, if I end up with the EURO build, won't that make some apps (especially the Google apps) not work since some of them are for US devices only?

Also, I don't think anyone answered my other questions. Any help would be wonderful!

I am hesitant to flash this on my Tab because I don't want to render it useless for US Market apps and, from what I am reading, these are all Honk Kong, European, or other non-US versions of the Firmware, kernel, and/or Gingerbread. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Bottom line...can I just flash the ClockWorkMod Recovery only? If I can just get CWM on my tab without needing to flash the stock-kernel.tar or the Gingerbread.tar file, then I can wait to see if someone comes up with a ROM that is more stable for the US GT-P1010CWAXAR without the boot-loops or other problems that I'm reading about on this thread.

Thank you again!!

I have a US model P-1010 tab. Before I flashed the Euro GB on it I flashed CMW with the stock US Froyo. I used Skin1980_P1010_CWM-RECOVERY-BETA-1.tar

taney

Jan 30, 2007
Los Angeles

Thank you again!!

You can check out my thread at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1410035

collide

Aug 15, 2010
new cfroot and next step

I have downloaded the new cf root, i was just wondering does the random reboot still happen and was wondering can we try the ext4 script again?
Thanks again for all your work and merry christmas,

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
Fixed version of CF-ROOT added...now restore work.. and i wish also the rest...

splattx_x

Mar 31, 2011
EXT4 is still unsupported on CF-ROOT...

I'm sorry, I don't want to be rude or anything but I'm finding it really hard to keep up with the different features of the files attached in the first post. I have already upgraded to Gingerbread and tested the CWM-Gingerbread-BETA kernel. Now that you say it's updated and restore works. Which file would that be? The "CFROOT-new-Gingerbread"?

thanks and keep the good work! BTW if you need something specific tested you could post it so that I can test it, I have plenty of time in my hands today.

P.S. I tried a simple root kernel myself based of stock GB kernel, only copies busybox, su and superuser.apk, no optimizations no extra scripts, and I also got reboots while performing "some" root tasks (i.e. Titanium Backup backup/restore or updating "su" bin in superuser) so maybe the reboot problems are not in the kernel itself? just thought it was worth noting this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First CWM - Based recovery for Samsung Tablet P1010 by Skin1980

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

HOWTO:

1- Reboot your device in download mode;
    2- open Odin;
    3- Select the attached file in the PDA field;
    4- Flash it.

Skin1980_P1010_CWM-RECOVERY-BETA-1.tar ---> this is for froyo only

Skin1980-P1010-NEW-CF-ROOT-GB.tar ----> this is for Gingerbread

Thanks to:

RussianDeveloper: Great tester and great person... without him you don't have the CWM Recovery
    Drockstar, chris41g, koush: for the CWM source
    Supercurio: for the explanation about RFS corruption
    Chainfire: for the CF-ROOT files/code
    EXT4 - Conversion

1st: Flash the new kernel attached that have the ext4 support;
    2nd: Install this zip file in recovery ---> http://www.multiupload.com/CSZBZDL1F3

ATTENTION!!!! This will wipe all your data! Make a backup with titanium or similar so then you can restore it!

REMEMBER Also to do a nandroid backup before the zip installation so, if it doesn't work, you can restore easily.
    I believe you can download the kernel source at opensource.samsung.com
    Probably Froyo though (purely based on the file name, since Samsung usually put GB in the archive name for gingerbread). Maybe you could check it out.

Thanks for the hard work :)

I have compiled an oc kernel for froyo a week ago.... But then samsung have released GB an the source will not be released until the update will be official.
    Cf-root for GB have some issue... First i'm trying to get backup restore working... The other will be fixed after that....

Inviato dal mio GT-P7510 usando Tapatalk
    CFROOT uses scripts on startup, can we make a script to overclock the CPU? like we use com motorola milestone?

When the kernel source will be released i will build an overclocked kernel...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk
    Test

Ok. Now try.
    Alpha 9 recovery.log:
    View attachment recoverys.rar
    Alpha 10 recovery.log:
    View attachment recovery.rar
    Backup runs fine, but there are errors:
    "CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5
    SD Card space free: 7799MB
    Backing up system...
    Backing up data...
    No /sdcard/.android_secure found. Skipping backup of application on external storage.
    Backing up cache...
    No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext.
    Generating md5 sum...
    Backup complete!"
    Restore runs fine, but there are errors:
    "Checking MD5 sum...
    Restoring system...
    Restoring data...
    .android_secure.img not found. Skipping restore of /sdcard/.android_secure.
    Restoring cache...
    Restore complete!"
    After restoring the P1010 continuously restarts at splash screen Samsung.
    UPD. Alpha 10 recovery.log number 2:
    View attachment recovery2.rar