[CWM] [TWRP] Easy Recovery install for Find 5

Search This thread

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
I first want to note that none of this is my work, I'm simply sharing with the community with the permission from the creator of this tool. All credit goes to kamma for his port of TWRP here and Derek from the OPPO forums for bringing CWM, and of coarse JonaBustos for making this great tool for us to use!

Easy Recovery install for Find 5!

Prerequisites:
- Computer
- Drivers for Find 5 installed
- That's it!

I, nor any of the parties whose work you decide to use are not responsible for anything you do to your phone ...ENJOY! :)

**This is simply a copy and paste of the original post over on the OPPO forums HERE

Friends OPPO community

I made a modification of some files and take the work of other users as Derek and Kamma, and make a easy installation of TWRP Recovey and CWM Recovery.

HOW TO:

- You only need to have installed the drivers from our OPPO FIND 5.

If you dont know how, can see this article How to install drivers for any Android. (I use this for all devices)

- Download the attachment and unzip wherever you want on your PC.

0Tm9fkj.jpg

- If you want to install TWRP RECOVERY by kamma
Please run the "1 RUN THIS FILE TO INSTALL TWRP.bat" and follow the prompts.

- If you want to install CWM RECOVERY by DEREK
Please run the "2 INSTALL FILE TO RUN THIS CMW.bat" and follow the prompts.

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
Things are starting to move along for the Oppo Find 5. TWRP and CMW at the same time! This is very nice start, cant wait for some custom kernels. I see more and more roms are starting to pop up on here and http://www.oppoforums.com/

Where? Only ROM I see available is the deodexed stock ROM and a half working CM ROM..?

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

gerardo66

Nov 13, 2007
perth
strange

hi
i just installed CWR all went ok the give me the usually option with Find circle in the middle...thanks a lot
BUT usually we have CWR icon...but nothing and when i try to go into recovery i just get the oppo options?
any help will be appreciate
Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
hi
i just installed CWR all went ok the give me the usually option with Find circle in the middle...thanks a lot
BUT usually we have CWR icon...but nothing and when i try to go into recovery i just get the oppo options?
any help will be appreciate
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I understand the problem.. is the recovery not sticking after a reboot? So it works at first and then reverts to normal recovery?

gerardo66

Nov 13, 2007
perth
yes you exactly alright
revert to normal recovery

I'm not sure I understand the problem.. is the recovery not sticking after a reboot? So it works at first and then reverts to normal recovery?

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
yes you exactly alright
revert to normal recovery

Ok, it looks like the issue is with boot.img it appears to reflash the stock recovery on reboot. Its been talked about in the oppoforums and there seems to be an easy fix using adb shell

Use adb shell to disable it, but you need to have root. Here are command lines :
Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
cd /system/etc
mv install-recovery.sh install-recovery.sh.old
exit
exit
adb reboot

Recovery should now stick.

I found this too: http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/cwr-installed.1374/#post-21980

Last edited:

theoppositeman

Feb 10, 2012
KK
Hi guys. I know this isnt the place to ask these questions, and hope someone can guide me to the correct place. Thanks in advance.
My find 5 previously a chinese version color os, android 4.2.2. After installing the international version en_x909 rom i get a restart/soft restart asking to enter sim pin every minute.
The network always shows/gets edge line/symbol which is not 3G or H/H+ which the area is HSPA.

T28#HOX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I first want to note that none of this is my work, I'm simply sharing with the community with the permission from the creator of this tool. All credit goes to kamma for his port of TWRP here and Derek from the OPPO forums for bringing CWM, and of coarse JonaBustos for making this great tool for us to use!

Easy Recovery install for Find 5!

Prerequisites:
    - Computer
    - Drivers for Find 5 installed
    - That's it!

I, nor any of the parties whose work you decide to use are not responsible for anything you do to your phone ...ENJOY! :)

**This is simply a copy and paste of the original post over on the OPPO forums HERE

Friends OPPO community

I made a modification of some files and take the work of other users as Derek and Kamma, and make a easy installation of TWRP Recovey and CWM Recovery.

HOW TO:

- You only need to have installed the drivers from our OPPO FIND 5.

If you dont know how, can see this article How to install drivers for any Android. (I use this for all devices)

- Download the attachment and unzip wherever you want on your PC.

0Tm9fkj.jpg

- If you want to install TWRP RECOVERY by kamma
    Please run the "1 RUN THIS FILE TO INSTALL TWRP.bat" and follow the prompts.

- If you want to install CWM RECOVERY by DEREK
    Please run the "2 INSTALL FILE TO RUN THIS CMW.bat" and follow the prompts.

DOWNLOAD
    Things are starting to move along for the Oppo Find 5. TWRP and CMW at the same time! This is very nice start, cant wait for some custom kernels. I see more and more roms are starting to pop up on here and http://www.oppoforums.com/
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone