Cx919 (rk3188)

Search This thread

Duvel999

Nov 1, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 6T
I'm using Neomode kitkat 4.4.2 rom v3.0 on my CX-919.

This after Finless 1.6b.

w w w .freaktab.com/showthread.php?11686-Neomode-Custom-Rom-MK809III-Version-3-1-Android-4-4-2-*Update*

In my experience the best kit kat Rom..

Version V3.1 doesn't boot well, use v3.0

Thx. to Neomode of Freaktab:cool:

Sent by my Z1 with XDA Fax

Last edited:

JBAlaska

Feb 9, 2014
Does anyone know the power requirements for these. I am running mine from the USB port on the TV w/o any issues, but I am just curious if others are having long term success with what I guess is 500ma.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk HD

Power is very important with the CX-919! I use the supplied PSU + a 10 port powered USB hub. The hub or PSU alone will power device but having both is perfect! lots of the negative reviews are from people that only use the PSU. or worse, use their TV USB port to power the stick.

I love mine as it streams 1080P movies much smoother than the i5 3Ghz laptop I was using as a thin client before I got this awesome stick.

The only reason I will upgrade is when Tronsmart releases a stick running the MTK6592 Cortex A7 8 core CPU @ 1.7GHz and the AP6330 chip-set which supports Wireless AC (Gb) with 2GB RAM + 16 GB ROM and support for a class 10 UHS-1 64GB MicroSD! Basically the same HW in their Blade PS7 phone.

Ya know one's bound to show up soon..Yea boy!

BTW, I'm using a XBMC nightly from a few weeks ago and as long as you exit XBMC every couple of days, and clear the cache. it's very stable.Also try not to play rar'd 720-1080 HD content. Just don't be lazy like I was and extract the mkv or whatever container your using, then the movie will play, seek and auto-bookmark as it should. SD stuff plays fine rar'd though!

Update Note: I switched to Beyond XBMC. Like night and day.. Went from having a 65kB cache to 175MB+! it now plays 720p MKV's streamed on the wifi without having to un-rar, including flawless seek, and skip without freezing or going oos! All the "Good" repositories are pre loaded as well. Beyond XBMC is Awesome on the CX-919!

Last edited:
Cannot connect to any Computer

I have a OEM CX-919 running 4.2.2. I am having lots of problems getting a PC to recognise it. I have tried everything:

1. Ensuring the USB2 port on the computer is directly connected to the motherboard.
2. Plugging the Micro usb cable into the OTG port on the device. Also connecting a secondary cable to the DC micro USB port.
3. When the CX-919 is booted going into settings > USB and checking the 'Connect to PC' box.
4. Holding in the button when booting then connecting the Micro USB cable (this just booting into recovery mode).

I have tried 3 different computers running XP, Win 7 and Win 8. I have also tried multiple cables but nothing. I am not sure what else to try.

I am also unable to boot it into 'Rom Mask mode' either because as soon as I connect the USB cable the blue light goes on and it ends up in recovery.

Surely without being able to connect it to a PC I will not be able to flash it.

brubeiker

Nov 19, 2010
I'm using Neomode kitkat 4.4.2 rom v3.0 on my CX-919.

This after Finless 1.6b.

w w w .freaktab.com/showthread.php?11686-Neomode-Custom-Rom-MK809III-Version-3-1-Android-4-4-2-*Update*

In my experience the best kit kat Rom..

Version V3.1 doesn't boot well, use v3.0

Thx. to Neomode of Freaktab:cool:

Please, help me.

Hello, my problem is that when i flash a official ROM, the mouse-keyboard usb not detected unless i connect it via the OTG cable, but it to the USB MOUSE port not found, I must have to do something special? an app to detect the air mouse?

On the other hand if I put a ROM cooked as finless 1.6b or 2.0 or Neomode 3.0, everything works fine (XBMC 13.1, 3.4 BEYOND XBMC, Splive, IPTV) but when I connect the hard drive no detect it, if it detects a usb 4 Gigas but no hard drive, anyone know how I can to fix this?? Must i do something special or install any app?

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
I have a OEM CX-919 running 4.2.2. I am having lots of problems getting a PC to recognise it. I have tried everything:

1. Ensuring the USB2 port on the computer is directly connected to the motherboard.
2. Plugging the Micro usb cable into the OTG port on the device. Also connecting a secondary cable to the DC micro USB port.
3. When the CX-919 is booted going into settings > USB and checking the 'Connect to PC' box.
4. Holding in the button when booting then connecting the Micro USB cable (this just booting into recovery mode).

I have tried 3 different computers running XP, Win 7 and Win 8. I have also tried multiple cables but nothing. I am not sure what else to try.

I am also unable to boot it into 'Rom Mask mode' either because as soon as I connect the USB cable the blue light goes on and it ends up in recovery.

Surely without being able to connect it to a PC I will not be able to flash it.

So there is nothing in device manager and no ding sound when you plug it in?
How do you know it has booted into recovery mode?
Try a cable that came with your phone at tablet.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Please, help me.

Hello, my problem is that when i flash a official ROM, the mouse-keyboard usb not detected unless i connect it via the OTG cable, but it to the USB MOUSE port not found, I must have to do something special? an app to detect the air mouse?

On the other hand if I put a ROM cooked as finless 1.6b or 2.0 or Neomode 3.0, everything works fine (XBMC 13.1, 3.4 BEYOND XBMC, Splive, IPTV) but when I connect the hard drive no detect it, if it detects a usb 4 Gigas but no hard drive, anyone know how I can to fix this?? Must i do something special or install any app?
Are you powering the hard drive directly or using a powered hub?

brubeiker

Nov 19, 2010

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Are you powering the hard drive directly or using a powered hub?

I am powering the hard drive directly.

About the airmouse detection??? Any app??

TY

No the device never appears in Device manager. I have even tried a fresh Windows XP install. I have also used numerous micro USB cables.

I knew that it booted into Android 4.2 recovery because I connected the HDMI cable and DC power to the device. If you hold the button down on the stick and connect the power it boots into recovery. I also tried selecting ADB from the recovery menu but the computer will still not recognise it when connected via the OTG port.

Not sure what else to do. I suppose flashing via Android Recovery is out of the question as I cannot find any instructions to do it.

wmiki75

Oct 27, 2011
Hello!

I just ordered a used TronSmart CX919 Mini PC with Tronsmart TSM-01 Mini Mouse
I am new, but i have 2 problems:
1. It is a little bit slow, in playing AVI videos, and games. Sometimes the device get FC (I power it, on my LED TV USB port)
2. Most of games, i unable to control, with air mouse: Need For Speed, Subway surf, Granny Smith... not working.
What can i do?
Data: Rockchip CX 919 / Fingerprint:rk31sdk/rk31sdk/rk31sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20130926.120351:eng/test-keys,
CPU: ARMv7, Core:4, 1808Mhz
System RAM: 1874 MB

wmiki75

Oct 27, 2011
Which Custom ROM are you using?
Try Neomode 1.9a or PureXBMC 2.1 ROM CX919.

I think I use, the stock rom, original firmware.
Where can i found custom ROMs, and a FAQ how to make a backup, and install custom FW for HDReady TV (720p)?

Last edited:

-Stakka-

May 29, 2013
Hello guys. Going to buy CX919, is it good enough for XBMC now? I will use only XBMC for torrent-tv, is it good for playing HD tv from internet without lags or other problems? Is it support 1080р Tv?

Last edited:

Mtza89

Oct 4, 2011
Chania
Hey guys, i need some information... i have that owesome stick... when i am on facebook app it dont show me the news feed and show me a error picture... i dont know if that matters, when on facebook from chrome it suggest me to install facebook for ipad... Plz help me if you can... thanks in advance... (edit: solved)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have had this for over a month now and wanted to share my experiences.
    I'm on Finless Bob's 4.2.2 ROM.
    Using a 32GB microSD card as primary storage and a 4GB app/data partition.

pros:
    -plays everything, mx player works really well
    -firefox with flash and other plugins rules!
    -using my k400 keyboard along with the input method set to null keyboard (app) works great.
    -powers up with just my laptop's usb port power (dont know if my laptop can output more than 500mA)
    -$65 !!!

cons:
    -No battery, date/time resets to 1/1/2011 if you unplug it. If you have a wifi connection then it will sync the time (there are also apps like ntpsync)
    -The power microusb port is quite loose, resets quite easily.
    -Occassional sdcard unmounting needing a reboot if you keep it on long (12 hours+)
    -included usb power cable length is short (3')

waiting for:
    1080P kernel
    Overclock capable kernel
    Nightly AOSP based builds.
    I ordered one for myself --> Finless ROM is available so far.

Delivery shoud be in 7-9 days.
    Have a question for you guys as reading how you too flashed bobs JB 4.2 ROM. As you know there are choices for space of the apps. 2,4,6 gb. I first tried the 4gb. But when I did. The box on that choice went from green to dark blue. Everything else remained green. Tried to flash and it got a error message. So flashed and just left that line alone with the default 2gb. This time it flashed no problem. But now I'm stuck with 2gb. So Gona refresh. Is it normal for that box to turn blue when you make the choice? If anyone knows..please inform me. TY.

Sent from my A200 using xda app-developers app

I flashed mine with the default choice of 2GB, i think it's the perfect configuration so that i have enough room for my apps and ALSO enough room for my media files.
    i can't answer your question here but i'm sure Finless BOB will answer your question on his own thread HERE
    Yes I had already asked there. But had not received any replies . Searched around to see if anyone else maybe had this issue. But cant find anything. With me. Problem is I could eat that 2gb up with a few games. But you raise another question. Why not use the ext. SD for media. ? Thats what I do with my tab. Or is that not possible with this ROM? Anyway thanks for reply. Edit. Just read on another forum. Bobs ROM allows writing to Ext SD..so yea. Guess you can store there.

AHH okayyyy, that's why then, for LARGE GAMES :)
    if this is the case then you have to try DirectoryBind this app let's you move all the large data files of any game to the external sd card and fool the rom that these files are still on the internal memory. the app supports syncronisation of the files between the external and internal memory.
    great tool, i use it and i love it.
    but before you move the game data to the external sd card you have first to install and run everything on the internal.

anyway this is just a solution if you can't get the 6GB config.
    why don't you flash the stock 4.1 rom, run it then flash Finless's ROM with the 6GB? i think this way you get the CX919 really FORMATTED

GOOD LUCK
    So how do you guys like the CX-919?

After I have canceled my Ouya I am looking for alternatives :)

If you could share some information and experiences I would greatly appreciate it! :good:

Looking for stuff like boot time, lags in the OS, XBMC alpha, what setup are you using etc.

I can tell you a little. I did not play around with the stock ROM to much. But I did flash finless 4.2. Had a little trouble with getting drivers installed. Seems that is normal deal. But it worked out. As for device. Its fast! I have not had any lockups or reboots. Video from USB thumb drive and SD card play fine. DLNA works surprisingly well. On this ROM. Netflix is not working. Crackle is not working. Real bummer. Most apps install fine and work. Buy seems like any apps that would turn it into a true smart tv device wont work. I already have a smart tv with these apps. So, that does not bother me to much. But if your going to use it for turning a tv into a smart tv. Well, Forget it. I may try the 4.1 Finless ROM. Read where people were saying these apps work on it? Will see. Anyway this is a fast great device and am having fun with games...

Sent from my A200 using xda app-developers app