fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Cyanlabs ROM Kitchen and Cyanlabs ROM Kitchen Helper Application

Disclamer
Code:
Your warranty is now void...

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, your missed calls, failed alarms, or house fires.
Introduction
Cyanlabs ROM Kitchen and Helper Application is my latest creation, It is designed to allow modification of ROM's before even downloading them, The helper application makes for a easy and automated way of flashing kernel's and ROM's to your Xperia Play in just one click*

Cyanlabs ROM Kitchen Features
  • Online based
  • Build your own custom CWM zips based on your selections
  • Remove unwanted apps (before even downloading)
  • Remove files from /system/media (Before downloading)
  • Edit /system/build.prop (Currently plain text, soon it will have preset options and seperate sections)
  • Fast download (Around 20 seconds on most fast connections)
  • More features to come (Including uploading your own files)
  • NEW: jQuery based UI.
  • NEW: APK tooltips with description and removable status.
  • NEW: Consistent design
  • NEW: Files are not created until download button is pressed (saves bandwidth and storage)
  • NEW: Works on all resolutions and resized dynamically tested on 1024x768 to 1920x1080
  • NEW: Added "Download N Flash" button to download dialog used with the helper application
  • NEW: Changed boring list of ROM's to a filterable grid view of ROM screenshots

Cyanlabs ROM Kitchen Helper Application
  • One click
  • Automatically download ROM
  • Automatically download Kernel
  • Automatically flash ROM via CWM/TWRP
  • Automatically flash Kernel via Fastboot
  • Nice UI
  • Easy to use

*More devices coming soon.

Suggestions
I need some ideas on what to add to it, also what apps/mods do you recommend? (check the todo list first)

Images
Cyanlabs ROM Kitchen Screenshots

Cyanlabs ROM Kitchen Helper Application Screenshots

Videos

Cyanlabs ROM Kitchen Helper Application Requirements
  • Xperia Play
  • .NET Framework 3.5
  • ADB drivers installed
  • Fastboot drivers installed
  • ADB Debugging Enabled or Device at a ADB enabled recovery.
Note: Neither the SDK nor adb.exe is required however the drivers are.

Cyanlabs ROM Kitchen Helper Application Instructions
  1. Run the application manually once. (Adds the registry intent and then closes)
  2. Simply click the "Flash N Download" button instead of "Download Manually" on the kitchen.
  3. Allow the protocol/intent action, Tested on Chrome, Firefox and IE
  4. Follow on screen instructions

Website Link

Download

Takedown Requests
If for some reason you want me not to mirror your ROM/Kernel/Mod please let me know.

Changelog

FAQ
Coming Soon

Thanks To/Credits/Notes
Code:
Created by Fma965 @ Cyanlabs but a massive thanks to XDA user [user=2326081]@regaw_leinad[/user] for his [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1512685"]AndroidLib .NET[/URL]

All ROM's, MOD's etc. Are property of there owners i am merely offering a server. So all credit for files to.
* ROM creators
* Kernel Makers
* Mod Creators
* XDA
* And more :)
XDA:DevDB Information
Cyanlabs ROM Kitchen & Windows Helper Application, a Tool/Utility for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Contributors
fma965

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.1

Created 2013-10-20
Last Updated 2013-11-12

Last edited:

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
my suggestion:
porting rom from other xperia 2011 devices(or atleast from xperia arc)
i have host but it will be finished tomorrow :(
Thanks for your suggestion, Added to my list :) http://cyanlabs.co.uk/kitchen/todo.html

I really want to start this project but i need to find some file hosting :) it doesn't need to be massive just like 10gb or something (files will be auto deleted after a hour or so)

Reactions: Androideus

CriGiu

Apr 6, 2012
Thanks for your suggestion, Added to my list :) http://cyanlabs.co.uk/kitchen/todo.html

I really want to start this project but i need to find some file hosting :) it doesn't need to be massive just like 10gb or something (files will be auto deleted after a hour or so)

Another thing you could add is an editor for build.prop and something to modify the content of a folder (for example adding apks to system, or adrenobooster in /system/etc)
I'm afraid that I can't help you finding servers or developing in php, but ask me if you need themed images, maybe I can do something, I'm not a themer though

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: fma965

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Another thing you could add is an editor for build.prop and something to modify the content of a folder (for example adding apks to system, or adrenobooster in /system/etc)
I'm afraid that I can't help you finding servers or developing in php, but ask me if you need themed images, maybe I can do something, I'm not a themer though

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app
Thanks for the suggestion, It's probably worth mentioning im learning php as i go and have only made a few php projects in the past.

I am pretty sure editing the build.prop file would be easy to do.
Adding APK's will be implemented from both a list of APK's and a browse your computer :)

Thanks for offering to design some themed images, I will let you know if and when i need some :)

Still need a server to run this on, Until then this will stay a WIP :( hoping some one on XDA will help out soon :)

EDIT: i know the design is lame, No html was used other than the necesary form html code :) but that will change :)

also please note, although i may be leaving xplay soon and getting a nexus 4 i will still try to maintain this kitchen and if for some reason i can't then i will let some one else take over :) , I will most likely make the kitchen for both xperia play and nexus 4 :) using a tabbed like interface :D

Last edited:

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
yeah clearly you don't understand how a php kitchen works, I need to be able to make copies of the zip files with modified contents e.g extra apps, less apps, different apps, tweaks etc
Ohhh sorry i thought you just needed a place to upload stuff. My bad I guess i was stupid because if it were that easy you wouldnt be asking :p sorry

Sent from my LG-P970g

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
yeah clearly you don't understand how a php kitchen works, I need to be able to make copies of the zip files with modified contents e.g extra apps, less apps, different apps, tweaks etc
If you have a good enough internet connection you could always host it yourself...

I personally host 4 Killing Floor servers, 2 CS:GO servers, 1 Left4Dead2 Server, 1 Minecraft Server, 1 Terraria Server and loads more - all from one Server/IP Address. Not to mention a private VLAN.

Or, from a quick Google search... This place seems 100% free, with unlimited disk space and bandwidth.

I'd give you access to my server but I'm also a little low on disk space myself. And with all the servers running, I only have around 512MB free RAM left to play with.

Reactions: fma965 and CriGiu

[email protected]

Feb 19, 2012
Treviso
I also look months ago for a free web server (to test some php script, my laptop really sucks) and the best option that i found is Red Hat's openShift, you can use the 3 gears for only one application (eg php), and if in the future you need more power you can also buy some more gear

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 4 Beta

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
If you have a good enough internet connection you could always host it yourself...

I personally host 4 Killing Floor servers, 2 CS:GO servers, 1 Left4Dead2 Server, 1 Minecraft Server, 1 Terraria Server and loads more - all from one Server/IP Address. Not to mention a private VLAN.

Or, from a quick Google search... This place seems 100% free, with unlimited disk space and bandwidth.

I'd give you access to my server but I'm also a little low on disk space myself. And with all the servers running, I only have around 512MB free RAM left to play with.
I also look months ago for a free web server (to test some php script, my laptop really sucks) and the best option that i found is Red Hat's openShift, you can use the 3 gears for only one application (eg php), and if in the future you need more power you can also buy some more gear

Hi yeah my internet is not good enough to be a server, I used to run a MTA Server from a vps but i gave up.

openShift doesn't seem to work with php from what i can tell.

[email protected]

Feb 19, 2012
Treviso
Yes, you can use openShift as a php server (it is a cartridge not an application), i personally used it (also it must have php if you think a moment, application like cakephp or WordPress or joomla need php)
Also if you don't have problems with the Italian (you are from the uk, correct?) you can give a look to altervista, it is a little limited into his free offers and the support is mainly in Italian, but maybe it can be a good option

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Yes, you can use openShift as a php server (it is a cartridge not an application), i personally used it (also it must have php if you think a moment, application like cakephp or WordPress or joomla need php)
Also if you don't have problems with the Italian (you are from the uk, correct?) you can give a look to altervista, it is a little limited into his free offers and the support is mainly in Italian, but maybe it can be a good option

Yeah my bad didn't look very much just quickly checked when i had a second free.

Probably build in ADB commander?

Sry for my bad English :)
Thanks to all developers for their hard work.
ADB support is never going to happen.... Atleast not in PHP, PHP is a server side language and ADB would need to be run on a client. Perhaps via JS or similar but i do not know nor intend to learn that, I do know very basic jQuery though :)

Reactions: hansi66627