• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Cyanogen 5.1 ROM confirmed!

Search This thread

maniac103

Jan 3, 2008
As a quick update:

- Audio is working now, there's only minor crackling noise when playing notification sounds in deep sleep
- Wifi is working, it's a bit unstable though (sporadically loses connection)
- fingerprint sensor is working

Only blocker for official nightlies that I can see is that we need to fix the SELinux policies.

Nexus5-32GB

Nov 2, 2013
As a quick update:

- Audio is working now, there's only minor crackling noise when playing notification sounds in deep sleep

Only blocker for official nightlies that I can see is that we need to fix the SELinux policies.

That`s fantastic news, you are making nice progress there! And we all happily waiting for CM to be released! BIG thank you to you and to other people working on this!!! :good:

Reactions: Nerioth

Nerioth

Nov 30, 2011
As a quick update:

AWESOME!

I cross my fingers to be able to test it this week!! Tired of Color OS, hurry up guys!! Yay!! :D

Mulham82

Sep 13, 2010
As a quick update:

Dear Maniac,
Thanks for this good news. I just wanted to ask you how to "Unlock Bootloader" to be able to install a custom ROM.

Thanks.

Nerioth

Nov 30, 2011
At least on my unit the bootloader came unlocked. If it doesn't, it should work like on a Nexus by running 'fastboot oem unlock'.

BTW, we fixed SELinux today; I expect nightlies to start in the next few days.

Gesendet von meinem R7plusf mit Tapatalk
AMAZING! Thanks for your work guys, awaiting!!!

Enviado desde mi R7plusf mediante Tapatalk

RohanAJoshi

Mar 17, 2011
Pune
OnePlus 8 Pro
We're waiting for its Lollipop update, as its current bootloader can't run 64 bit kernels. Otherwise it should be mostly ready though, as the two devices are very similar.

Hi dev..
Nice to see such great progress here.
As I can see, you committed fully working fingerprint sensor HAL into cm.
I am not a dev, but just curios that how you managed this ?
AFAIK, fingerprint and Laser autofocus things are closed source by OEMs., thats why lots of devices lacking this in CM like OnePlus 2.
So, how ?
I surprised.

maniac103

Jan 3, 2008
Correct.

AFAIK, fingerprint and Laser autofocus things are closed source by OEMs., thats why lots of devices lacking this in CM like OnePlus 2.
So, how ?

The fortunate thing is that the code actually talking to the fingerprint sensor runs in the trust zone, thus I 'only' needed to trace and analyze the communication between the stock ROM and the fingerprint trustzone app. This turned out to be manageable, and after understanding that protocol, implementing the HAL was pretty straightforward. Doing something similar should entirely be possible for most devices that do fingerprint management in the trustzone; unfortunately there are a number of devices with fingerprint sensor (especially the early ones) which don't do it in the trustzone, thus are mostly out of luck. I had an Oppo N3 before the R7 Plus and decided not even to start working on a fingerprint HAL for it due to the sheer complexity of the task.

Nerioth

Nov 30, 2011
Great that you guys managed to get the fingerprint sensor fully working. So as far as you guys have updated the status of this build, the only issues are unstable WiFi and cracking sound in notifications when in deep sleep? That's amazing for a very first release! Congrats! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is great to hear that CM is coming to OPPO R7 Plus!

Current state is:
    - RIL (telephony, SMS, mobile data) is working
    - BT, GPS is working - camera is working
    - sensors are working
    - Wifi is semi-working
    - audio is broken (no speaker, no headphones)
    As a quick update:

Correct.

So, how ?

The fortunate thing is that the code actually talking to the fingerprint sensor runs in the trust zone, thus I 'only' needed to trace and analyze the communication between the stock ROM and the fingerprint trustzone app. This turned out to be manageable, and after understanding that protocol, implementing the HAL was pretty straightforward. Doing something similar should entirely be possible for most devices that do fingerprint management in the trustzone; unfortunately there are a number of devices with fingerprint sensor (especially the early ones) which don't do it in the trustzone, thus are mostly out of luck. I had an Oppo N3 before the R7 Plus and decided not even to start working on a fingerprint HAL for it due to the sheer complexity of the task.
    CM for MTK version? I dont think it will ever happen...

I don't think any of us actually has MTK hardware, so that sounds about right.

In other news: I just turned on r7plus nightlies, they should start with the next round of builds (tomorrow).
    At least on my unit the bootloader came unlocked. If it doesn't, it should work like on a Nexus by running 'fastboot oem unlock'.

BTW, we fixed SELinux today; I expect nightlies to start in the next few days.