Cyanogen OS 13 for ZUK

Search This thread

Nizamani

May 6, 2011
Hyderabad
Whenever I try to install this update , My phone goes into recovery mode , I even tried with stock recovery , same result , and now I just tried zip file with TWRP recovery and I gor error 7

LeoViotti

May 29, 2010
Bangkok
www.leoviotti.com
I gave up on COS13 a few weeks ago, and moved to CM13. Everything works fine, and no "massive differences", like most updates on Android.

The worst part is that it's just impossible to have the device ENCRYPTED, and keep updating it. That worked flawlessly on COS12.1, but it doesn't work on CM13, as every time you update (nightly or not), the Google Apps go to "hell" and there is no way to install them back, as the Recovery doesn't show any files you have on the phone, since it's all encrypted... (using latest TWR)

And I'm not really in the mood anymore to keep doing ADB, too old for that. I just want a phone that works, and for that, COS was perfect. Even my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact has been updated by Sony MONTHS ago with Marshmallow. The newer (and ****tier, in construction quality) Xiaomi Mi5 came with Marshmallow factory default, and they release updates almost weekly...

Really sad from Cyanogen part to abandon a phone that was very well tuned because their OS was the software behind a ""weak" machine. Disappointed, and probably won't be buying any more phones just because they feature CyanogenOS.

Byte_Me

Jan 5, 2006
I'm also quite disappointed. Guess there wont be a Z2 for me, I'll see if I can find a more reliable brand...

dktblade

Oct 27, 2009
Hi all, is there any way to post u touch or just touch home button to home screen for Cm13?
alll other rom have that function except CM13, so i guess maybe there is a package to active that. pls help

BoeHmaN

May 4, 2010
The biggest scam in history

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using XDA Free mobile app

That concludes this topic very well.

blame Cyanogen for not giving COS13 update for Z1. As you can see the ZUI version of the device already got Marshmallow last December. :) and Z2 is running ZUI.

While this might be a way to see it, ZUK as the phone manufacturer is still the primary party that their customers rely on. The customers should not have to suffer under ZUK having problems with their contracted OS developers. A good company (with decent CRM) that cares about their customers would jump in and find a solution to keep their customers happy, so they will buy their future devices. ZUK decided to not care about their Z1 customers, keeps selling those stillborn devices (!!!) and probably just hopes that the strong hardware of the Z2 that they are going to sell with a relatively low price tag will make people ignore/forget that most certainly there won't be any customer service. I hope they will go down with that disgusting mentality.

cheeze.keyk

Aug 8, 2012
Mandaluyong
Google Nexus 5
LG G7 ThinQ
That concludes this topic very well.

While this might be a way to see it, ZUK as the phone manufacturer is still the primary party that their customers rely on. The customers should not have to suffer under ZUK having problems with their contracted OS developers. A good company (with decent CRM) that cares about their customers would jump in and find a solution to keep their customers happy, so they will buy their future devices. ZUK decided to not care about their Z1 customers, keeps selling those stillborn devices (!!!) and probably just hopes that the strong hardware of the Z2 that they are going to sell with a relatively low price tag will make people ignore/forget that most certainly there won't be any customer service. I hope they will go down with that disgusting mentality.

If you ask ZUK about the update. they will suggest to try ZUI 6.0.1.

BoeHmaN

May 4, 2010
If you ask ZUK about the update. they will suggest to try ZUI 6.0.1.

With helping I did not mean suggesting customers to flash a different ROM on there themselves, causing them a hell lot of trouble with the vendor if they have a warranty case (in Germany, they will probably tell you that you voided your warranty by flashing -what they think is- a custom ROM). I meant that they somehow keep the OTA updates coming. OnePlus somehow managed to make Cyanogen still update the OPO, even though they parted with another, so ZUK could either kick some asses at Cyanogen or develop it themselves.

On their English website, you won't find an official statement, that there won't be any more updates for the Cyanogen OS Z1. They are not admitting it because they know, that they could stick the remaining devices where sun never shines. Hence, also nowhere something you could point your vendor to, proving that you had no other choice if you wanted Android 6+, no official guide on how to do it and not something like a declaration that you are not on your own in case you brick your phone in the process of flashing ZUI.

Last edited:

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
Well, I received my ZUK phone yesterday, it came with COS 12.1 installed. There was one system upgrade found, so I applied it, but then I noticed I'm still on COS 12.1 and there are no any futrther updates. So I just installed official latest CM13 nightly and I have not noticed any bugs so far. I guess there is no CO13 for ZUK Z1 still and it seems it will never be.

D

dback187

Just switch to ZUI instead :)
-Android 6.0
-U-Touch
-Awesome battery life
-No volume bugs when receiving phone calls etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the third hard lesson I learned from dealing with companies that they are not producing their softwares, like Huawei ( I had 2 mobiles from them) then this ZUK all those losers don't support their mobiles with updates I think next time I only should take from Apple, Google nexus, Microsoft. Even famous companies and known as good companies like HTC ,LG, SONY, etc even those some times they take long time to update their dual Sim cards mobiles.

Why are they losers? They made an excellent phone, that's their part. They have an agreement with another company for dishing out software so they can bring you a cheaper phone. Chinese ZUI OS is already on Marshmallow for a few months (from January). So they did everything they could. If you were following them, you would know that they are waiting for Cyanogen Inc. (company behind Cyanogen OS) to release COS 13. Why don't you use some of the available ROM's on Marshmallow, like NucleaRom (http://xdaforums.com/zuk-z1/orig-development/rom-kernel-nuclearom-radioactive-kernel-t3381418) untill then?

Besides, who here cares what next phone you will buy?
    What was the deal when COS12 got released, did all COS-phones receive it more or less at the same time? Or is this in Zuk`s hands?

I don't remember but I'm pretty sure it's a joint effort.
    Having said that I'm pretty disappointed that the ZUK Z1 (so far the latest COS flagship) is late compared to OPO.

The lack of communication from both ZUK and Cyngn is even worse. When I had the OPO the communication via their blog was good, here we are left in the middle of nowhere.....

Sent from my Zuk Z1 using XDA Labs
    http://www.gizchina.com/2016/04/19/zuk-z2-pro-feels-like-iphone-will-come-health-apps/

Nooooooo, will this mean no COS, big bezels and small battery?

Sent from my Zuk Z1 using XDA Labs
    One of the reasons why I bought this phone was the fact that it has cyanogen os, but after using it for a while I am starting to doubt if I will ever buy a phone with cos again
    ^Well, good for you then. You have to remember that not everyone (especially people outside Xda) wants to tweak their devices. To be fair, the average consumer probably doesn't care which version of Android their phone is running. The lack of official updates also means that they would be missing out on bug fixes and security patches. We shouldn't have to install 3rd party firmware to get support. That's a problem with Android devices in general, too.