• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Cyanogen USB Tethering

Search This thread

afiellerddr

Feb 4, 2009
So I recently rerooted once I realized that all no root reuired tethering apps block https sites unless you buy the full version. I installed the latest version of cyanogen following the tutorial on the wiki to the T. My phone is fully functional except I can not get the tethering to work. I have uninstalled the remote ndis driver and went through the install wiazrd, directing it to the folder that has the driver and it says something like it hasn't been securely verified or something and I have the option to continue installation or stop and I continue. Then, it says it didn't work and I get a code 10. Troubleshooting did nothing to help me either. Anyone have any idea what I should do? Also, I know there are threads on this but I couldn't find an answer to this issue if there is I'm sorry.

bkmo

Jun 25, 2008
10° 5' 59" North, 84° 16' 84" West
So I recently rerooted once I realized that all no root reuired tethering apps block https sites unless you buy the full version. I installed the latest version of cyanogen following the tutorial on the wiki to the T. My phone is fully functional except I can not get the tethering to work. I have uninstalled the remote ndis driver and went through the install wiazrd, directing it to the folder that has the driver and it says something like it hasn't been securely verified or something and I have the option to continue installation or stop and I continue. Then, it says it didn't work and I get a code 10. Troubleshooting did nothing to help me either. Anyone have any idea what I should do? Also, I know there are threads on this but I couldn't find an answer to this issue if there is I'm sorry.

Couldn't find the Cyanogen rom thread to ask this question?

Jeffro64

Feb 6, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas

You might have to enable it in the app drawer or in settings somewhere. I ran into a rom once that had the enabler in the app drawer.

garok89

Jun 24, 2009
East Kilbride
couldnt you atleast ask a QUESTION in the QUESTIONs and answers section?

did u try ticking the wired tether box in setting? (not to insult your intelligence, but i got asked about this via the cmupdater support address a while ago... and it turned out that the person hadnt even enabled it)

afiellerddr

Feb 4, 2009
Yes I made sure the little box was checked for usb tethering but I understand the necessity of the question lol.

And sorry stylez (moderator) I assumed since it was about cyanogen roms it would go under development. Looking back, Q & A makes more sense.

This thought just occured. Considering that unistalling and reinstalling the driver didn't work, could it be that I just have an outdated driver for this rom? I unrooted about 2 months ago so the driver might have changed from then. If so, does someone have a link to download the latest version?

Thank you all for your help.