- May 9, 2013
*UPDATE: Both the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE and international 3G variants now have official nightlies & stable 10.1.3! Get them at http://get.cm/?device=serranoltexx and http://get.cm/?device=serrano3gxx respectively.
This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM10.1 nightlies AND stable versions for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE variant (GT-I9195) only.
Opened this thread so that newbies can also post their issues here, as well as to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.
** DO NOT USE THE JIRA BUG TRACKER TO REPORT BUGS FOR NIGHTLIES!
Sir arco68 has suggested that all bugs still be reported here despite having a stable version as it is a more central location to view and see bug reports.
Release thread / Development discussion | CyanogenMod 10.1
How to install CM10.1
- Root and install using ONLY CWM recovery (available here: [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195))
- Copy all the files you downloaded for CM10.1 (From http://get.cm) into your SD card along with the Google Applications (Optional, recommended - get the latest one for CM10.1.x)
- Boot into CWM (Vol Up + Home just as the phone is booting up, navigate using Vol btns, HOME to select, POWER to back)
- Make a backup of your NANDroid (Optional - Do this if you wish to return to your previous ROM)
- Select "wipe data/factory reset" and press Yes
- Select wipe cache partition" and press Yes
- Flash cm-10.1-2013xxxx-XXX-serranoltexx.zip file FIRST (or RC or stable)
- Then flash gapps (Optional)
- When upgrading between CM10.1 versions, you still need to flash the gapps module after upgrading as /system is wiped.
- Notes about updating to latest stock FW before flashing custom ROMs
- Screenshot is Vol-Down + Home in CM10.1
- The ROM comes with a Superuser app. You don't need to install another one.
- When installing themes which appear to be improperly compiled, apply the default system theme and reboot and try again.
- CM10.1 doesn't come with an FM Radio app.
It would help greatly to be detailed in your bug reports and to provide logs (in [code][/code] blocks), in an organised manner.
LIST OF ISSUES
- Auto-unlock with flip cover doesn't work  
- WLAN instability, network switching issues and low GSM call quality (vs. Samsung ROM)  
- RC1 - Sporadic reboots    
- Changing exposure offset in Camera causes a crash 
Verified & Reproduced / Work-in-Progress
Fixed / In coming build
- Bluetooth music audio output has no bass / low sample rate [FIXED: 20130824]
- Some sensors (compass) not usable by apps  [FIXED: 20130823] [If it doesn't work]
- Lose GPS after long intermittent usage of GPS apps 
- RC1 - Increased battery drain (due to SystemUpdateService)      [FIXED 20130901]
- IR Transmitter not working  - IR Support for CM being worked on in 10.2 - [FIXED in 10.1.3]
Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Kernel issue
- Changing language will crash settings (but language does change)  [X1] [X2]
- Increase in battery drain  [X]
- Phone: Numbers always display in the format "xxx-xxx-xxxx"  [X1] [X2]
- Phone unlocks in pocket randomly  [X1] [X2]
- 4G quick-toggle makes Data Mode quick-toggle change to 2G  [X]
- Unable to adjust call volume with 3rd party headsets (exists on stock ROM as well) [X]
- No "Personalise Call Sound" in Call Settings  [X]
- Unable to access external SD card in apps like Poweramp & VPlayer   [X1] [X2]
- Speaker crackles at low frequencies    [X1]
- Move apps to external SD card / set external SD card as default SD card 
Accepted (being/will be worked on in the future)
Last updated: 08 Oct 2013, 0706hrs (+8GMT)