• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

CyanogenMod 10.1 - GT-I9195 - Stable & Nightlies - Bug Reports & Discussion

Search This thread

volksieboi

Aug 14, 2009
Cape Town
Finally popped my cherry and flashed 10.1 stable

But I'd like to know what's eating my storage?
View attachment 2383353

What happened to 8gb?

Or what am I missing?

Sent from my GT-I9190 using xda app-developers app

Further to this... i also asked the question after coming accross this thread --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1926754&page=8

Not sure if its relevant or if you guys know what i mean

Again, pardon my noobness...

Thanks in advance for any help...

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
8GB is the size of the emmc chip, but this is divided into several partitions - like recovery, boot, firmware and a few others. So that you can't use the fully 8GB is perfectly normal, and is the same for all phones.

Reactions: volksieboi

chris42too

Jul 19, 2013
Having the 10.1 stable and getting the reboots now as well. I haven't had them during the nightlies and I have the feeling, that they become more frequent. Will try to remember to do the log dump next time.

Reactions: Rezildans

volksieboi

Aug 14, 2009
Cape Town
8GB is the size of the emmc chip, but this is divided into several partitions - like recovery, boot, firmware and a few others. So that you can't use the fully 8GB is perfectly normal, and is the same for all phones.

thanks... i did some reading up and digging and understand (for the most part :eek: ) how it works now...

was in a bit of a panic initially. but calmed down a bit now :)

ladislav.heller

Apr 25, 2012
Bratislava
Before flashing of CM10.1.3 I checked the ZIP package, and noticed that the ROM is deodexed. Android Kitchen also says the same. But after flashing I checked /system/app folder on the phone and there are *.odex files. How is it possible?

Note: Flashed via TWRP recovery. There were no errors/problems during flash.

Last edited:

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Before flashing of CM10.1.3 I checked the ZIP package, and noticed that the ROM is deodexed. Android Kitchen also says the same. But after flashing I checked /system/app folder on the phone and there are *.odex files. How is it possible?

Note: Flashed via TWRP recovery. There were no errors/problems during flash.
Sounds weird. Are you sure it's an official release? Where did you get it from?

ladislav.heller

Apr 25, 2012
Bratislava
Sounds weird. Are you sure it's an official release? Where did you get it from?

Hi!

First of all thanks for this great ROM!

Got it from official site:
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/42550/cm-10.1.3-serranoltexx.zip
It is still on my external SD card. The size is: 174 480 692 bytes -> double checked: there are no *.odex files in the ZIP package. But they are under /system/app!

Except this weird thing the whole ROM works well.

Is it possible to deodex it using xUltimate or any other tool?

Last edited:

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Hi!

First of all thanks for this great ROM!

Got it from official site:
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/42550/cm-10.1.3-serranoltexx.zip
It is still on my external SD card. The size is: 174 480 692 bytes -> double checked: there are no *.odex files in the ZIP package. But they are under /system/app!

Except this weird thing the whole ROM works well.

Is it possible to deodex it using xUltimate or any other tool?
I suspect it might be leftovers from gapps in stock rom, if you didn't format system before flashing CM. You can probably just delete those odex files.

ladislav.heller

Apr 25, 2012
Bratislava
I suspect it might be leftovers from gapps in stock rom, if you didn't format system before flashing CM. You can probably just delete those odex files.

Wait, in the updater script there is format command. So the /system was 100% sure formatted. :confused:

I have an idea: Will get from phone the apk/odex files using "adb pull" and next try to deodex them.

Update:
Whatever, I successfully pulled apps, deodexed them using Android Kitchen and put them back to device using following commands:
Code:
$ su
# stop
# mount -o remount rw /system 
# rm /system/app/*.odex
# rm /system/framework/*.odex
# cp /sdcard/tmp/apps/* /system/app/
# cp /sdcard/tmp/framework/* /system/framework/
# mount -o remount ro /system
# reboot

Last edited:

CPJames

Nov 29, 2012
SD card

This CyanogenMod is very good. I have had my phone a couple of months and just got round to installing this Custom ROM. Just a question, I can't seem to find a way to format my SD card. Is this a known issue?

Rezildans

Oct 8, 2013
Istanbul
This CyanogenMod is very good. I have had my phone a couple of months and just got round to installing this Custom ROM. Just a question, I can't seem to find a way to format my SD card. Is this a known issue?

Yep, this is a known issue. Folks are in charge of this, a fix is on the way as much as I know.

EDIT: There it is on CM 11 Nightly (Kit Kat 4.4.1)

Last edited:

CPJames

Nov 29, 2012
Can someone help me think - I think I've majorly screwed up. I was trying to get Greenify to work so I installed SuperSU over Superuser. But I decided to uninstall (the clean installation) - how do I update the Superuser binary? Would a reinstallation of 10.1 work? It appears I still have root access however, I don't get any Superuser prompts.

Last edited:

luisbraz

Nov 21, 2013
Faro
storage and compass

Hello.

Yesterday i've flashed this rom and immediately 2.7 GB were occupied and I had only 2.7 GB free? Is this normal?
Another thing has to do with the compass, it’s not working! Is there another one with the same issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: For the compass, this results (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48000142&postcount=126)

Mates, try this:
1. Start some "Compass" app - see that it's frozen (do not close app or turn off screen).
2. Take phone and move your hand as if you want to write an infinity sign several times.
3. See that "arrow" in "Compass" start moving.
4. Exit app and start it again. Check that it worked or not.

Last edited:

themiskont

Dec 6, 2013
Hi!

First of all, thank you @arco68! Very nice alpha like everyone else says. :)

I don't know if I've done something or I just don't know how to do it but is it possible to move apps from phone to the Sdcard?
Also, I bought a cheap S-view cover from china but the phone doesn't react when I open and closes the cover. Bad cover or is this because of Cyanogen?

Thanks!

I have the same requests as mentioned above! Please make them happen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

*UPDATE: Both the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE and international 3G variants now have official nightlies & stable 10.1.3! Get them at http://get.cm/?device=serranoltexx and http://get.cm/?device=serrano3gxx respectively.

This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM10.1 nightlies AND stable versions for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE variant (GT-I9195) only.

Opened this thread so that newbies can also post their issues here, as well as to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.

** DO NOT USE THE JIRA BUG TRACKER TO REPORT BUGS FOR NIGHTLIES!
    Sir arco68 has suggested that all bugs still be reported here despite having a stable version as it is a more central location to view and see bug reports.

-------

Links
    Release thread / Development discussion | CyanogenMod 10.1

How to install CM10.1

1. Root and install using ONLY CWM recovery (available here: [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195))
    2. Copy all the files you downloaded for CM10.1 (From http://get.cm) into your SD card along with the Google Applications (Optional, recommended - get the latest one for CM10.1.x)
    3. Boot into CWM (Vol Up + Home just as the phone is booting up, navigate using Vol btns, HOME to select, POWER to back)
    4. Make a backup of your NANDroid (Optional - Do this if you wish to return to your previous ROM)
    5. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and press Yes
    6. Select wipe cache partition" and press Yes
    7. Flash cm-10.1-2013xxxx-XXX-serranoltexx.zip file FIRST (or RC or stable)
    8. Then flash gapps (Optional)

Notes
    • When upgrading between CM10.1 versions, you still need to flash the gapps module after upgrading as /system is wiped.
    • Notes about updating to latest stock FW before flashing custom ROMs
    • Screenshot is Vol-Down + Home in CM10.1
    • The ROM comes with a Superuser app. You don't need to install another one.
    • When installing themes which appear to be improperly compiled, apply the default system theme and reboot and try again.
    • CM10.1 doesn't come with an FM Radio app.

-------------------------

It would help greatly to be detailed in your bug reports and to provide logs (in [code][/code] blocks), in an organised manner.

LIST OF ISSUES

Unverified
    • Auto-unlock with flip cover doesn't work [1] [2]
    • WLAN instability, network switching issues and low GSM call quality (vs. Samsung ROM) [1] [2]
    • RC1 - Sporadic reboots [1] [2] [3] [4]
    • Changing exposure offset in Camera causes a crash [1]

Verified & Reproduced / Work-in-Progress

Fixed / In coming build

User-fixable

Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Kernel issue
    • Changing language will crash settings (but language does change) [1] [X1] [X2]
    • Increase in battery drain [1] [X]
    • Phone: Numbers always display in the format "xxx-xxx-xxxx" [1] [X1] [X2]
    • Phone unlocks in pocket randomly [1] [X1] [X2]
    • 4G quick-toggle makes Data Mode quick-toggle change to 2G [1] [X]
    • Unable to adjust call volume with 3rd party headsets (exists on stock ROM as well) [X]
    • No "Personalise Call Sound" in Call Settings [1] [X]
    • Unable to access external SD card in apps like Poweramp & VPlayer [1] [2] [X1] [X2]
    • Speaker crackles at low frequencies [1] [2] [3] [X1]

-------------------------

FEATURE REQUESTS

Requests
    • Move apps to external SD card / set external SD card as default SD card [1]

Accepted (being/will be worked on in the future)
    ----
    Last updated: 08 Oct 2013, 0706hrs (+8GMT)
    All devices have been moved to weekly builds.
    Good news about FM radio. I have it working very good in CM 10.2. The bad news is, it doesn't look like anyone else in CM cares about it, so I don't think it will ever be added. All I can suggest is that you spam CM's Google+ channel with requests for it, then maybe they will listen.
    I think we've been spending too much time discussing problems that we forget to thank @arco68 on what a marvellous job he has done porting this ROM to our phones and how butter-smooth this ROM is running and how there are no core issues at all despite it being in the ALPHA stage.

On behalf of the SGS4mini mod community, thank you @arco68 sir for all your hard work! :)
    Any news?
    It's merged in 10.2 and working fine.