• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

CyanogenMod 10.2.1.x - GT-I9195 - Stable/Nightlies - Bug Reports & Discussion

Search This thread

sysKin

Sep 10, 2013
Hi o/

I built a current CM 10.2 tree using JustArchi-inspired optimisations (gcc 4.8.3 and -O3; as well as correct CPU target of a15 instead of a9; nothing that would require extensive code changes). The result is a fairly consistent improvement in most benchmarks, in particular many 0xbench's 2D tests are consistently *many times* faster.

I did it for myself, but would anyone be interested in me sharing it? It would be for i9195 only as it's the only device I have.
The point of such a ROM is that it can be flashed on top of CM 10.2.1.3 and just works -- no wipes necessary, no apps added or removed - it's exactly the same code, just compiled with newer tools and different flags.

Loulou-13

Aug 24, 2013
Marseille
Hi o/

I built a current CM 10.2 tree using JustArchi-inspired optimisations (gcc 4.8.3 and -O3; as well as correct CPU target of a15 instead of a9; nothing that would require extensive code changes). The result is a fairly consistent improvement in most benchmarks, in particular many 0xbench's 2D tests are consistently *many times* faster.

I did it for myself, but would anyone be interested in me sharing it? It would be for i9195 only as it's the only device I have.
The point of such a ROM is that it can be flashed on top of CM 10.2.1.3 and just works -- no wipes necessary, no apps added or removed - it's exactly the same code, just compiled with newer tools and different flags.

hi !

more performance ? less battery consomption ?

yes ! very interresting ! :D

thank in advance ;)

sysKin

Sep 10, 2013
Have you compiled the latest CM10.2.1.3 version?
That was the plan. I checked out "stable/cm-10.2" branch, since it had last commits this year, as opposed to "cm-10.2" branch which had last commits last year.
Did you try the BLN function?

No I didn't, and now I'm F4ction's kernel so I can no longer (easily) test this....

However, I am rebuilding now with some minor changes, so when I try my new build I'll test BLN and let you know.

I would be surprised if there's any different behaviour between my build and CM's vanilla build.

Reactions: ladislav.heller

sysKin

Sep 10, 2013
Did you try the BLN function?

OK so I tested BLN with "BLN control" tester, and it works. The only funny thing is that the tester works exactly once - I activate it, lock the phone, lights come up. I wake the phone, pres test again, lock again -- and they don't. But if I quit BLN control and test and lock, they come up again -- it's always exactly once per BLN Control start.

Reactions: ladislav.heller

Turkishcasa

Jan 8, 2013
I haven't been on this forum a long time, i wanted to have some advice on updating the fw of my phone.

i have installed 10.2-20140107 unofficial serranoltexx and used it since, it works well but i notice hiccups now and then. I saw that CM 10.2.1.3 (stable) is out and i want to install it. Do i have to do a (full) wipe and install all my apps again or can i just download and install the 10.2.1.3 update without having to do anything with kernel and gapps and wiping etc..? If so, can i expect it to work just as good as i do a full wipe?

ps. i searched the forum but some say full wipe is necessary and some say i doesnt, thats why i ask here..

luisbraz

Nov 21, 2013
Faro
I haven't been on this forum a long time, i wanted to have some advice on updating the fw of my phone.

i have installed 10.2-20140107 unofficial serranoltexx and used it since, it works well but i notice hiccups now and then. I saw that CM 10.2.1.3 (stable) is out and i want to install it. Do i have to do a (full) wipe and install all my apps again or can i just download and install the 10.2.1.3 update without having to do anything with kernel and gapps and wiping etc..? If so, can i expect it to work just as good as i do a full wipe?

ps. i searched the forum but some say full wipe is necessary and some say i doesnt, thats why i ask here..

I have updated mine from 10.2.1.3 to 11 only with wipe cache and dalvik cache. Flash ROM and gapps. Reboot and everything was fine. All apps working and even the configuration of the system was OK.
So, I guess that for you, only wiping cache and dalvik cache will work to.
In your situation, I recomend to flash the snapshot of CM 11 (http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=serranoltexx&type=snapshot) (version M8 will come today or tomorrow) and the gapps (https://goo.im/gapps/gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip), since CM 11 is real stable now. Snapshot versions are to be considered the stable versions, since will be no more stable versions, and snapshots will be updated monthly.
Sorry for the english!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Short list from the top of my head:

BLN
    Fixed emergency calling
    Some camera fixes
    Some kernel updates

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
    logo-cid.png

*UPDATE: Both the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE and international 3G variants now have official STABLE releases on CM10.2.1.x! Get them at http://get.cm/?device=serranoltexx and http://get.cm/?device=serrano3gxx respectively.

This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM10.2.1 nightlies AND stable versions for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE variant (GT-I9195) only.

Opened this thread so that newbies can also post their issues here, as well as to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.

** DO NOT USE THE JIRA BUG TRACKER TO REPORT BUGS FOR NIGHTLIES!

Nightlies changelog

-------

Links
    Release thread / Development discussion | CyanogenMod 10.2

How to install CM10.2

1. Root and install using ONLY CWM recovery (available here: [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195))
    2. Copy all the files you downloaded for CM10.2 (From http://get.cm/?device=serranoltexx) into your SD card along with the Google Applications (Optional, recommended - get the latest one for CM10.2.x)
    3. Boot into CWM (Vol Up + Home just as the phone is booting up, navigate using Vol btns, HOME to select, POWER to back)
    4. Make a backup of your NANDroid (Optional - Do this if you wish to return to your previous ROM)
    5. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and press Yes
    6. Select wipe cache partition" and press Yes
    7. Flash cm-10.2-2013xxxx-XXX-serranoltexx.zip file FIRST (or RC or stable)
    8. Then flash gapps (Optional, recommended)

Notes
    • When upgrading between CM versions, you still need to flash the gapps module after upgrading as /system is wiped.
    • Notes about updating to latest stock FW before flashing custom ROMs
    • Screenshot is Vol-Down + Home in CM
    • The ROM comes with a Superuser app. You don't need to install another one.
    • When installing themes which appear to be improperly compiled, apply the default system theme and reboot and try again.
    • CM doesn't come with a IR Remote app.

-------------------------

It would help greatly to be detailed in your bug reports and to provide logs (in [code][/code] blocks), in an organised manner.

LIST OF ISSUES

Unverified
    • Camera doesn't work / HDR crashes camera [1] [2] [3]
    • Screen Mirroring not fully working [1]
    • Unable to turn volume down in call [1] [2]
    • Charger: screen does not turn off when power button short-pressed [1]

Verified & Reproduced / Work-in-Progress
    • -

Fixed / In coming build

User-fixable
    • none yet

Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Kernel issue
    • Missing 4.3 feature: "App Ops" [1] - CM merged it with Privacy Guard

-------------------------

FEATURE REQUESTS

Requests
    • Display Calibration
    • Button Lights Notification (BLN) kernel support
    • USB-OTG, MHL kernel support [1]

Accepted (being/will be worked on in the future)

Rejected

----
    Last updated: 31 Oct 2013, 1821hrs (+8GMT)
    @everyone that has tried 10.2 nightlies...in your user opinion , which 10.2 nightly do you consider as more stable and bug free?

cm-10.2-20131022-NIGHTLY-serranoltexx, but on the other hand none of them is that stable and bug free so I just use the latest.
    New Nightly for Cyanogenmod 10.2 ist up :good:
    the default cm-kernel will not be replaced by my kernel in the cm-rom. you have to flash it every time you flash new rom(version).