• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

CyanogenMod 10 JB Discussion/User Thread

Search This thread

xecut

May 2, 2011
Hong Kong
HEAVY RAM usage

I realized the 4.1 is eating up my ram, (~100MB left for me)
what's going on? AutoKiller Memory showed all the processes opened up twice, what's going on?

plsoft

Dec 28, 2011
I realized the 4.1 is eating up my ram, (~100MB left for me)
what's going on? AutoKiller Memory showed all the processes opened up twice, what's going on?

A few people have encountered the same issue and it has to do with mediascanner running in the background. Read the development section for the technical details.

majormickey

Mar 14, 2011
Jakarta
The only issue for me so far is that I cant connect to my office Mac. Tried mtp, aft, etc and nothing works. Dropbox media upload recognised the note but no drive appear on my desktop. Other than that, this is good enough for a daily for me :good:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
All the people bricking their devices were flashing from a leaked Samsung or repack ICS kernel. Those kernels are unsafe so the flashing process triggered the eMMC brickbug and their device broke. What they SHOULD have done is gone back to Gingerbread with PC Odin before flashing.

From my understanding, (and I could be wrong...) if you are on a SAFE KERNEL (like CM9 or Speedmod - I was on ParanoidAndroid with a CM9 kernel before I flashed up), and follow the directions in the OP, you won't get a brick. Gingerbread is safe as well, but if you are already on a safe kernel there is no need to flash back to Gingerbread. CM10 is totally safe. :victory:
Yeah. Also with preview 2, the risk on initial flash is reduced, but still - best to start from a safe kernel. There are PLENTY of safe ICS kernels now - basically anything but CF-Root. (CF-Root can never be 100% safe due to the fact that it's a stock binary repack.)

The devs are busy, I think. And it's not like this is an official thread for a beta. CM10 isn't even alpha I think. :p
Barely alpha. Tons and tons of things are broken. mediascanner, audio HAL, wifi tethering (WPA2 derps hard, open works OK), and a whole ton of other things. Busy as hell.

Also, mediascanner eats CPU and not memory - in fact it eats CPU due to patches intended to make it use less memory. However, JB on many devices is leaking memory like crazy.

Last edited:

Livebyte

Jul 14, 2012
I remember that SGS2 has this functionality in some kernels where if you press the home button 5 times quickly, the screen switched to Negative Mode.

I think it should be implemented on the Note too, but instead of Negative Mode, maybe Outdoor Mode?

Do you guys think its a good idea? :)

pboesboes

Mar 25, 2012
I remember that SGS2 has this functionality in some kernels where if you press the home button 5 times quickly, the screen switched to Negative Mode.

I think it should be implemented on the Note too, but instead of Negative Mode, maybe Outdoor Mode?

Do you guys think its a good idea? :)
Crazy overloading of home-button functions? Sounds like something Apple would do. :p

Reactions: SquirtingCherry

muneeb.abbas3

May 8, 2012
Lahore
Entropy512, or anyone who has proper knowledge if you may elaborate a little on why these builds won't be as smooth as jelly bean should (yet, I hope), whenever you have time. Otherwise just ignore the post and move on :)

ruinkhan

Oct 6, 2007
Ontario
You are not an official person from cyanogen team and they won't provide feedback from this post...

Wait until they consider opening a thread

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

OP started this thread to keep Dev section out of foolish questions. Wasnt it you that opened this thread:
Sick of several things on XDA

******ing hypocrite.!!!

Reactions: mrtim123 and AA1973

stoney73

Apr 28, 2010
nottingham
This is the discussion section man.

Then perhaps read a bit first, and then discuss?

But to answer your question( at least partially), there are a couple of the 'project butter' components that are broken or not 100% at the moment. Hwcomposer is one such element that springs to mind that is currently being worked on by the cm team., amongst many others.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Last edited:

g2tegg

May 12, 2011
The Hammer
OP started this thread to keep Dev section out of foolish questions. Wasnt it you that opened this thread:
Sick of several things on XDA

******ing hypocrite.!!!

Was that really necessary? Everyone gets so bent out of shape if someone posts the wrong thing. Keyboard warriors at its finest. Who cares??? I hate seeing is foul language on a public forums where the majority of users are under the legal drinking age.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

andjohn

Apr 22, 2009
Edmonton
goo.gl
Was that really necessary? Everyone gets so bent out of shape if someone posts the wrong thing. Keyboard warriors at its finest. Who cares??? I hate seeing is foul language on a public forums where the majority of users are under the legal drinking age.

People care because there are a MILLION morons who add nothing to the site. Just 'how do I flash?' 'What do I have to do?' 'I bricked my phone by not listening!'

It's crap like that which makes DEVELOPERS stop coming to XDA. We do not want this, as it's in their spare time that they work on this for us. We should have a more restricted place that the devs can go to where only people who are proven to not be idiots are allowed to post.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

We get pissed off and use foul language because the idiots keep coming. Every page is forgotten by morons when a new page is added. Most of the answers are available only a couple pages from the end and they can't even take that much effort.

Swares will continue to happen as long as stupid idiots are allowed to post.

Reactions: milsabords

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
People care because there are a MILLION morons who add nothing to the site. Just 'how do I flash?' 'What do I have to do?' 'I bricked my phone by not listening!'

It's crap like that which makes DEVELOPERS stop coming to XDA. We do not want this, as it's in their spare time that they work on this for us. We should have a more restricted place that the devs can go to where only people who are proven to not be idiots are allowed to post.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

We get pissed off and use foul language because the idiots keep coming. Every page is forgotten by morons when a new page is added. Most of the answers are available only a couple pages from the end and they can't even take that much effort.

Swares will continue to happen as long as stupid idiots are allowed to post.

And the "Search this thread" box must be invisible to many. :)

emprize

Jan 15, 2007
And the "Search this thread" box must be invisible to many. :)

Not everyone use computer go to xda, if u use xda app, it quite hard to search thread, not to mention search everytime before reply, if u want complain, u really should complain to the xda app developer, at least the xda premium hd developer coz i paid for this app but everyone yelling for a function that i cant control in this app

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: sunny2303

stumo5

Jan 19, 2010
This ROM is bloody good for a preview. I think I will use it as a daily driver its that good. One thing is that the screen rotation in landscape mode is inverted, is it just me or is it a known issue?

Edit OK I found the issue in the development thread, looks like it can be fixed with a patch or a simple workaround. Cool.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, I think I finally made the breakthrough we needed with graphics.

I'll do a test build sometime in the next couple of days, MAYBE tonight... But I'm seriously fried so it could be a few days.

Anyone who needs Bluetooth or wifi tethering - you've got a while to wait for 4.2.
    most of the patches in these builds are kernel related, hence trying hydra with these builds wont work well.
    the kernel which comes with these builds are amazing and smooth. Entropy's build is freakin smooth!
    "won't work well" is an understatement. "won't boot at all" is more like it. Mali r3p0 blobs require an r3p0 kernel

Yup entropy's built is just a bit smoother.not sure if its more battery consuming.
    I'm 90% positive at this point hydra was sacrificing battery for performance... Only way it was smooth prior to the mali transition was if you threw lots of CPU at it. Now it offloads more to the GPU.

Attached are both blob and opensource hwcomposers. Please compare, looking at both performance and whether the OS one fixes/adds any graphical glitches.

Blob hwcomposer will work with any build (but makes zero difference if flashed on a nightly, nightlies use the same file)
    Opensource will ONLY work with "new Mali" test builds like my test build and StNick's for N7000, mine for I777, and espenfjo's for I9100.

These should work with any "new Mali" builds for Exynos 4210 devices.

This file is really the only difference between my build and StNick's, other than:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/23993/ (Yeah, forgot to mention it has some test fixes for the rare RILJ wakelocks sometimes encountered)

Edit: More test candidates including "no hwcomposer" at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32212994&postcount=818

Some good news, a lot of that work was done on an N7000. :)

But there's a ****-ton still broken. IMO it doesn't seem to be as consistently smooth as 4.1 was (and we all know that wasn't exactly in the best shape...), video playback is broken, and most likely, for it to have any hope of working will require using broken mali blobs that have all sorts of weird artifacts.

Probably won't be much more news in the next few days, we're all fried now and I think we're all doing non-CM things for a few days. :)
    So people are posting all the non-dev stuffs on the original development thread
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1796217

Lets better discuss issues other than development here.
    Keep that thread clean :good:
    Post all JB related stuffs here. :highfive:

** Official nightlies are out

1) Latest version , preview 5 now available ; check thread for download.

2) A more detailed installation guide to flash JB with a video guide too

3) Hybrid Paranoidandroid ROM based on CM10 JB preview #4 - go here

4) All JB latest kernel's can be found here

5) What's great in Jelly bean ?

6) CM 10 on Galaxy Note video preview

7) CM 10 , unofficial latest nightlies by Utacka and mnm1992

8) And more custom JB ROMs available including AOKP, so just look around and post your fav ;)
    The preview 3 had been released on 3rd aug, and it's been so many days since then, also there have been bug fixes and other improvements.

So a question - are we going to see the preview 4 or are we going straight to nightly builds now. Thanks for the jb rom cyanogen mod team

I'll release a new preview tomorrow. I was expecting nightlies sooner, but seems like there's some more time.