###CyanogenMod 11 Discussion tread. Custom kernels etc..###

Search This thread

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
www.qrz.com
1z1wg82.jpg

This thread is an addition to the official CM Development thread.

Official CM Thread should only be used for essential development discussions and bug reports ! (running stock CM of course)

You can use this thread for all other things like :

► General Questions & Talk about CM
► Battery Life stuff
► UV / OC
► CM + custom kernels
► Benchmark Talk
► Discussing modified CM builds, KANG´s
► CM + different radios, bootloaders, ...
► CM + different recoveries
► If you are not sure whether your question has been asked & answered 1000 times before, but you can´t find an answer
► ... and so on

So, please act responsibly, and think twice where to post !! Let´s keep the official thread clean !

This thread is also meant to be Newbie friendly, experienced members please be gentle. (But as always : read the OP & use search first ;))
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

kishandoshi

Nov 23, 2012
28cixzm.jpg

Official CM Thread should only be used for essential development discussions and bug reports ! (running stock CM of course)

► Battery Life stuff
► UV / OC
► CM + custom kernels
► Benchmark Talk
► If you are not sure whether your question has been asked & answered 1000 times before, but you can´t find an answer
► ... and so on

So, please act responsibly, and think twice where to post !! Let´s keep the official thread clean !

This thread is also meant to be Newbie friendly, experienced members please be gentle. (But as always : read the OP & use search first ;))
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for asking off topic ques. but is it possible to have cm10 or 11 on mtk6577 devices. need a developer. i made 4.2 roms for mtk6577. want cm for it now.
www.fabosums.blogspot.in

hemantv

May 27, 2012
Mumbai
sorry for asking off topic ques. but is it possible to have cm10 or 11 on mtk6577 devices. need a developer. i made 4.2 roms for mtk6577. want cm for it now.
www.fabosums.blogspot.in

Do you have any clue what you are asking for? This is just not the correct thread. And it seems you don't know anything about MTK devices.

Head over to this thread and read everything from the first post, then you'll understand why you can't get CM for MTK devices.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2274332

Atento

Jun 18, 2010
Curitiba
How can I enable Google Now to answer my questions? Like I have seen in many videos, people just say "Ok, Google" and the phone talk to these people...

I'm on CM11 (01122014) and PA Gapps Mini.

Thank you.

Shambola

Dec 17, 2013
Somewhere in Spaghettiland
How can I enable Google Now to answer my questions? Like I have seen in many videos, people just say "Ok, Google" and the phone talk to these people...

I'm on CM11 (01122014) and PA Gapps Mini.

Thank you.

http://sayokgoogle.wordpress.com/

but : Supported languages by standard google now are “it-IT” for italian, “de-DE” for german, “es-ES” spanish, , “ja-JP” japanese, “fr-FR” french

Reactions: Gawok

DaNi_!

Jun 9, 2012
Anyone has recommended kernel that support touch control?

I'm using Fancy Kernel pre45-2 and it's running very very smoothly. Very fast especially with ART. I think its compatible with Touch Control too. You should check the thread ;)

Edit: it's working, make sure you have the paid version of Touch Control and choose the CM11 module.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

pianistaPL

Feb 15, 2012
Poznań - Poland
Do you have guys any ideas why CM 11 ROMs have different interface colors than some AOSP based ROMs like AOKP and SlimKAT? I mean... In CM 11 mainly color is still blue (not grey like in KitKat), in AOKP or SlimKAT mainly color has changed to grey.
Look for example in attachment. First and third screenshots are from CM 11, second and fourth from AOKP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-05-18-38-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-05-18-38-53.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 377
  • Screenshot_2014-01-05-12-19-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-05-12-19-21.png
    158.4 KB · Views: 373
  • Screenshot_2014-01-13-22-35-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-13-22-35-45.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 350
  • Screenshot_2014-01-11-17-31-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-11-17-31-20.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 351

bsmitty83

Apr 22, 2012
Detroit
Do you have guys any ideas why CM 11 ROMs have different interface colors than some AOSP based ROMs like AOKP and SlimKAT? I mean... In CM 11 mainly color is still blue (not grey like in KitKat), in AOKP or SlimKAT mainly color has changed to grey.
Look for example in attachment. First and third screenshots are from CM 11, second and fourth from AOKP.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its because cyanogenmod's main colors are blue . plus cyan = blue .:p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

kishandoshi

Nov 23, 2012
Do you have any clue what you are asking for? This is just not the correct thread. And it seems you don't know anything about MTK devices.

Head over to this thread and read everything from the first post, then you'll understand why you can't get CM for MTK devices.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2274332

you might didnt know. but i would like to say theres a cm9 or cm10 already on mtk devices with some bugs its mtk6589. i m on mtk6577. better search before speaking dude.

hemantv

May 27, 2012
Mumbai
you might didnt know. but i would like to say theres a cm9 or cm10 already on mtk devices with some bugs its mtk6589. i m on mtk6577. better search before speaking dude.

Really? I think you're talking about the stock rom which is customised to get a 'look' of CM. And isn't this the reply you got for your 'look-alike CM' ?!

mujaze7a.jpg

"Better search before speaking."
Don't tell me that cos I'm not a guy like you who gets fooled by a fake CM rom and then spams other threads by asking off-topic questions.

And please don't reply back here cos I don't want to spam this thread by replying back to you and I haven't even got time for clearing your doubts.

Reactions: NWJA

kishandoshi

Nov 23, 2012
Really? I think you're talking about the stock rom which is customised to get a 'look' of CM. And isn't this the reply you got for your 'look-alike CM' ?!

mujaze7a.jpg

"Better search before speaking."
Don't tell me that cos I'm not a guy like you who gets fooled by a fake CM rom and then spams other threads by asking off-topic questions.

And please don't reply back here cos I don't want to spam this thread by replying back to you and I haven't even got time for clearing your doubts.

then get lost bud.cheers.have fun

gabrielss

Jun 25, 2013
Just for the record....Running CM11 M2 with SuperRam Mpokang kernel, Nephilim settings and ART. The phone is faster than ever, I got 13565 score with Antutu Benchmark. Also, getting about 24 hours battery life with 2:30 h screen on time.

I'm so proud of my old galaxy Nexus xD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1z1wg82.jpg

► Battery Life stuff
    ► UV / OC
    ► CM + custom kernels
    ► Benchmark Talk
    ► ... and so on

Just for the record....Running CM11 M2 with SuperRam Mpokang kernel, Nephilim settings and ART. The phone is faster than ever, I got 13565 score with Antutu Benchmark. Also, getting about 24 hours battery life with 2:30 h screen on time.

I'm so proud of my old galaxy Nexus xD
    Same trouble with toro device. Try the 2/10/14 snapshot version. That's the latest CM11 release that lets me play audio through my car dock.

Not sure, but I think this will fix the dock audio issue in next nightly:

Revert "audio: Fix check for sonification on digital docks

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60700/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    @abalam your signature is very huge :)
    @kishandoshi you should not quote the op
    Cause I'm still not allowed to write to the "Galaxy Nexus Android Development" I write here:

After dirty upgrading my maguro CM11 from M10 to M11 ([ROM] [NIGHTLY] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy Nexus) WiFi is broken.
    The WLAN Symbol remains in the Status bar, no data connection. It is possible to switch off wlan and get a mobile data connection, but it is not possible to switch wlan on again. The WLAN Switch stays grey or doesn't save its status.

What I have already done:
    - Fix permissions - no success.
    - Wipe Dalvik + Cache no success
    - deinstall touch control before flashing M11 - no success.
    - Trying newest nighlty 10/09 - no success.
    - Nandroid back to M10. WLAN is ok.
    - Upgrading TWRP to 2.8.0.1 (from 2.7.1.0) and flashing M11 - no success.

I dont want to make a factory reset, cause I dont want to loose music, pictures, app data.

Anyone else with this problem? Any hint?
    A factory reset in TWRP (which includes dalvik, cache, & data), will NOT wipe your music and pictures. (It can't hurt to wipe system too, although in most cases that's done automatically when you flash a ROM.) What you do NOT want to wipe is "internal storage", which is where your pictures, music, etc. is stored. You can find more info here: http://teamw.in/whattowipe

Knowing this, I'd recommend making a nandroid and then clean flashing M11 just to test out whether WiFi works properly on M11 or not. If it does work this way, then you know it was the dirty flash that caused the problems. Either way, when you're done testing you can revert back to your nandroid and have everything intact, including your app data.

Also, a factory reset in TWRP would indeed wipe your app data, but you can easily back up all your app data with Titanium Backup and restore it after the clean flash. This looks like a pretty good guide for Titanium Backup for Noobs:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2717159
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone