###CyanogenMod 11 Discussion tread. Custom kernels etc..###

Search This thread

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
www.qrz.com
Just for the record....Running CM11 M2 with SuperRam Mpokang kernel, Nephilim settings and ART. The phone is faster than ever, I got 13565 score with Antutu Benchmark. Also, getting about 24 hours battery life with 2:30 h screen on time.

I'm so proud of my old galaxy Nexus xD

Great info!!

Sent from my Nexus⁴ machine

Reactions: supermax

MajorAly

May 20, 2012
Jeddah
Will be helping a friend of mine who owns a GNex to update to 4.4 unofficially, so without a doubt, my first choice was CM and seeing how there are nightlies, can anyone tell their daily driver nightly?

Would be appreciated.

Pwnna

Aug 20, 2011
So I'm not sure where to post this, as this seem kinda like shameless self promotion, but I'm looking for some feedback for some patches I've written for CyanogenMod. No one seems to have reviewed it in CM's gerrit..

The features I added are:

I'm planning on authoring some more patches as well with other features. As you can see, these features are not really gnex specific, but since this is my current test device, I thought it would be a good start and well received.

I would love to have you guys try this without having to build CM all for yourself, so I've uploaded a build here:

Zip: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wc4kp6mc5p6xo8m/cm-11-20140115-UNOFFICIAL-maguro.zip
Md5sum: 99b6cc9f400e28185127d990a64d9f2e

hemantv

May 27, 2012
Mumbai
Will be helping a friend of mine who owns a GNex to update to 4.4 unofficially, so without a doubt, my first choice was CM and seeing how there are nightlies, can anyone tell their daily driver nightly?

Would be appreciated.

There is a M2 Snapshot build which you can use as it is said to be stable. And nightly builds are stable too, so you can give it a try.

randomtd

Dec 26, 2013

Would be appreciated.

Im running the CM 11 nightly of 1/11/14 and have not had any issues what so ever. I see the 1/14/14 is up now so will prob flash to it later today.

itasoulas

Nov 3, 2011
Athens
www.youtube.com
Just for the record....Running CM11 M2 with SuperRam Mpokang kernel, Nephilim settings and ART. The phone is faster than ever, I got 13565 score with Antutu Benchmark. Also, getting about 24 hours battery life with 2:30 h screen on time.

I'm higher...13700 on CM-REMIX and Mpokang 1080p (screen at rom's thread)!!! But the sad thing of your sayings, mine and others is that battery life is still crap on all KK roms. I used to have 4 hours or more SOT on cataclysm and I really miss that. Just for the record, do you guys think that battery life on KK in time will reach levels like that? :confused:

Big ZD

Oct 6, 2011

Would be appreciated.

I'd hook him up via the updater. Keeps him up to date, but always on a generally stable version. If he's game for nightlies...let him ride. But if he just wants to be current and stable, go the updater route.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

gabrielss

Jun 25, 2013
Wasn't sure where to post this so...

I'm trying to install Viper4Android in my Galaxy Nexus running CM11, but I don't have the Music Effect sub-menu under sound settings. I can't select V4A as the default music effect, then, and it only works when I open the V4A app.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

droidoz

Nov 22, 2010
Wasn't sure where to post this so...

I'm trying to install Viper4Android in my Galaxy Nexus running CM11, but I don't have the Music Effect sub-menu under sound settings. I can't select V4A as the default music effect, then, and it only works when I open the V4A app.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You need to update to latest nightly. Music effect submenu bas been updated. It's there and v4a works with Appolo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: gabrielss

djbeat1

Nov 16, 2012
Help install update Ota
y5yremep.jpg

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

true_bot

Jan 19, 2014
Mumbai
Experiencing Google sync problems in cm 11. Does this problem exist because of some problem in the radio api ?? Or is this because of some screwup during flash ??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1z1wg82.jpg

This thread is an addition to the official CM Development thread.

Official CM Thread should only be used for essential development discussions and bug reports ! (running stock CM of course)

You can use this thread for all other things like :

► General Questions & Talk about CM
    ► Battery Life stuff
    ► UV / OC
    ► CM + custom kernels
    ► Benchmark Talk
    ► Discussing modified CM builds, KANG´s
    ► CM + different radios, bootloaders, ...
    ► CM + different recoveries
    ► If you are not sure whether your question has been asked & answered 1000 times before, but you can´t find an answer
    ► ... and so on

So, please act responsibly, and think twice where to post !! Let´s keep the official thread clean !

This thread is also meant to be Newbie friendly, experienced members please be gentle. (But as always : read the OP & use search first ;))
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same trouble with toro device. Try the 2/10/14 snapshot version. That's the latest CM11 release that lets me play audio through my car dock.

Not sure, but I think this will fix the dock audio issue in next nightly:

Revert "audio: Fix check for sonification on digital docks

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60700/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    @abalam your signature is very huge :)
    @kishandoshi you should not quote the op
    Cause I'm still not allowed to write to the "Galaxy Nexus Android Development" I write here:

After dirty upgrading my maguro CM11 from M10 to M11 ([ROM] [NIGHTLY] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy Nexus) WiFi is broken.
    The WLAN Symbol remains in the Status bar, no data connection. It is possible to switch off wlan and get a mobile data connection, but it is not possible to switch wlan on again. The WLAN Switch stays grey or doesn't save its status.

What I have already done:
    - Fix permissions - no success.
    - Wipe Dalvik + Cache no success
    - deinstall touch control before flashing M11 - no success.
    - Trying newest nighlty 10/09 - no success.
    - Nandroid back to M10. WLAN is ok.
    - Upgrading TWRP to 2.8.0.1 (from 2.7.1.0) and flashing M11 - no success.

I dont want to make a factory reset, cause I dont want to loose music, pictures, app data.

Anyone else with this problem? Any hint?
    A factory reset in TWRP (which includes dalvik, cache, & data), will NOT wipe your music and pictures. (It can't hurt to wipe system too, although in most cases that's done automatically when you flash a ROM.) What you do NOT want to wipe is "internal storage", which is where your pictures, music, etc. is stored. You can find more info here: http://teamw.in/whattowipe

Knowing this, I'd recommend making a nandroid and then clean flashing M11 just to test out whether WiFi works properly on M11 or not. If it does work this way, then you know it was the dirty flash that caused the problems. Either way, when you're done testing you can revert back to your nandroid and have everything intact, including your app data.

Also, a factory reset in TWRP would indeed wipe your app data, but you can easily back up all your app data with Titanium Backup and restore it after the clean flash. This looks like a pretty good guide for Titanium Backup for Noobs:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2717159
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone