###CyanogenMod 11 Discussion tread. Custom kernels etc..###

Search This thread

MoZuFi93

Nov 6, 2012
Anyone still experiencing stutters and unability to play HD videos using H/W and H/W+ in MX using 4.4 I'm still experiencing this problem. ANy fixes? I only have Greenify(which I don't greenify MX) install that might be of peculiarity.

Also the stuttering music for a split second when shutting of the screen off?

Edward Stanbury

Dec 8, 2011
Paraparaumu Beach, Kapiti
Anyone still experiencing stutters and unability to play HD videos using H/W and H/W+ in MX using 4.4 I'm still experiencing this problem. ANy fixes? I only have Greenify(which I don't greenify MX) install that might be of peculiarity.

Also the stuttering music for a split second when shutting of the screen off?

Flash this driver revert my friend and all will be good :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48229757

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: abalam

Juice3250

Aug 30, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2426408

This ROM with mpokang kernel rocks.

zydy4eby.jpg

3e5uzede.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Probably could've gotten another 20-30 min. of screen time. 3 hours of screen time is pretty good in my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Edward Stanbury

Dec 8, 2011
Paraparaumu Beach, Kapiti
Thank you a lot, but the problem still exists.. It's just that when I switch to H/W or H/W+ either the app crashes or it shows that it cannot play the video. I usually play 720p MKV files. And it stutters using S/W.

really ? thats strange im playing 720p mkv files over my network very smoothly with hw+ hmm what kernel are you running ? im on franco kernel

ren2008

Jun 10, 2008
On CM11, when my battery is below 14%, i always get the low battery popup every 5 seconds... I even get the notification when the phone is locked.

I just reflashed Rom and Gapps... and same story. Don't wanna factory reset but prolly will have to.

Anyone having this issue?

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Even I am experiencing music stuttering while locking the screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Mine skips 2 seconds after the screen is locked but it's a very short skip. But it happens everytime.

hemantv

May 27, 2012
Mumbai
On CM11, when my battery is below 14%, i always get the low battery popup every 5 seconds... I even get the notification when the phone is locked.

I just reflashed Rom and Gapps... and same story. Don't wanna factory reset but prolly will have to.

Anyone having this issue?

I've been using CM 11 builds since they were released first and I haven't encountered such problem even a single time. So probably something is wrong at your end.

ren2008

Jun 10, 2008
I've been using CM 11 builds since they were released first and I haven't encountered such problem even a single time. So probably something is wrong at your end.

Just calibrated the battery by deleting the battery.bin file. We'll see how it goes.

As for music skipping, i noticed it only happens when headphones are plugged in, not through the speaker.

soder

Mar 19, 2010
Can anyone tell me how to enable ART in cm11 for maguro? There doesn't seem to be an option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Settings/Developer options/Select runtime

INSTRUCTIONS
It’s actually extremely easy and users will want to follow the simple rules outlined below step for step to get these readily available to you.

Settings > About Phone > Build number (Tap the build number 7 times, you’ll get a prompt as it gets close.) And that’s it. It is that easy, and you’re now a developer and have full access to the huge developer options menu, but use caution.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/11/10/enable-developer-options-nexus-5-kitkat/

/Söder

Reactions: vlado05

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1z1wg82.jpg

This thread is an addition to the official CM Development thread.

Official CM Thread should only be used for essential development discussions and bug reports ! (running stock CM of course)

You can use this thread for all other things like :

► General Questions & Talk about CM
    ► Battery Life stuff
    ► UV / OC
    ► CM + custom kernels
    ► Benchmark Talk
    ► Discussing modified CM builds, KANG´s
    ► CM + different radios, bootloaders, ...
    ► CM + different recoveries
    ► If you are not sure whether your question has been asked & answered 1000 times before, but you can´t find an answer
    ► ... and so on

So, please act responsibly, and think twice where to post !! Let´s keep the official thread clean !

This thread is also meant to be Newbie friendly, experienced members please be gentle. (But as always : read the OP & use search first ;))
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just for the record....Running CM11 M2 with SuperRam Mpokang kernel, Nephilim settings and ART. The phone is faster than ever, I got 13565 score with Antutu Benchmark. Also, getting about 24 hours battery life with 2:30 h screen on time.

I'm so proud of my old galaxy Nexus xD
    Same trouble with toro device. Try the 2/10/14 snapshot version. That's the latest CM11 release that lets me play audio through my car dock.

Not sure, but I think this will fix the dock audio issue in next nightly:

Revert "audio: Fix check for sonification on digital docks

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60700/

@abalam your signature is very huge :)
    @kishandoshi you should not quote the op
    Cause I'm still not allowed to write to the "Galaxy Nexus Android Development" I write here:

After dirty upgrading my maguro CM11 from M10 to M11 ([ROM] [NIGHTLY] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy Nexus) WiFi is broken.
    The WLAN Symbol remains in the Status bar, no data connection. It is possible to switch off wlan and get a mobile data connection, but it is not possible to switch wlan on again. The WLAN Switch stays grey or doesn't save its status.

What I have already done:
    - Fix permissions - no success.
    - Wipe Dalvik + Cache no success
    - deinstall touch control before flashing M11 - no success.
    - Trying newest nighlty 10/09 - no success.
    - Nandroid back to M10. WLAN is ok.
    - Upgrading TWRP to 2.8.0.1 (from 2.7.1.0) and flashing M11 - no success.

I dont want to make a factory reset, cause I dont want to loose music, pictures, app data.

Anyone else with this problem? Any hint?
    A factory reset in TWRP (which includes dalvik, cache, & data), will NOT wipe your music and pictures. (It can't hurt to wipe system too, although in most cases that's done automatically when you flash a ROM.) What you do NOT want to wipe is "internal storage", which is where your pictures, music, etc. is stored. You can find more info here: http://teamw.in/whattowipe

Knowing this, I'd recommend making a nandroid and then clean flashing M11 just to test out whether WiFi works properly on M11 or not. If it does work this way, then you know it was the dirty flash that caused the problems. Either way, when you're done testing you can revert back to your nandroid and have everything intact, including your app data.

Also, a factory reset in TWRP would indeed wipe your app data, but you can easily back up all your app data with Titanium Backup and restore it after the clean flash. This looks like a pretty good guide for Titanium Backup for Noobs:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2717159
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone