Cyanogenmod 11 for T211 (galaxy tab 3 inch 7 3g)

Search This thread

hehk1234

Apr 10, 2014
Hi for all, I port cm11 for galaxy tab 3 inch 7 3g. But this rom have a lot of issue. I work very hard to solve this. I'm new develop but I'm try.

What work ?
boot,touch,gpu

What the problems ?
wifi
force close every time systemui
You can access first time menu, when you reboot you can't access.
etc.

I think this problem occur because the kernel. My occur kernel is the stock. I search solution to solve this problem and I accept any people expert on my group because I'm alone.

- Make sure you're running latest PhilZ Touch or CWM (TWRP not updated yet for SELinux)
- Copy CM to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery and MAKE A BACKUP
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
- Flash CM zip from SDCard
- Reboot

Cyanogenmod 11 beta 1
http://www.4shared.com/zip/RXv69DCwce/cyanogemod_11_beta_1_Galaxy_ta.html?

Last edited:

Dariox23

Jan 4, 2014
GREAT JOB

:good: :laugh: this is what all st-211's users have beeen waiting for .I´ll test it as soon as wifi works ( i need it for work :silly: )

Reactions: dsilx

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
Problem with kernel source ;-;

I think this problem occur because the kernel. My occur kernel is the stock. I search solution to solve this problem and I accept any people expert on my group because I'm alone.

I recorded a video about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh1E2ybjQF4
I can't find any KitKat source for Tab 3 7.0 3G for now :mad:
A guy here on the forum, almost succeeded porting KK but Wi-Fi still don't work.
We need a device with similar specs (CPU, GPU, RAM etc) running KK or having KK Source :cowboy:
I will asked the member who ported it to SM-T210 on how he did build the kernel.
Hi for all, I port cm11 for galaxy tab 3 inch 7 3g. But this rom have a lot of issue. I work very hard to solve this. I'm new develop but I'm try.

What work ?
boot,touch,gpu

What the problems ?
wifi
etc.
Nice work, BTW.
Keep trying :good:

Note:
You should mention developers like @ketut.kumajaya ; @gr8nole ; @safariking etc to wish their attention :angel:

Good luck.

Anil Shovo

Feb 17, 2014
galaxy tab 4 7.0

I can't find any KitKat source for Tab 3 7.0 3G for now :mad:
A guy here on the forum, almost succeeded porting KK but Wi-Fi still don't work.
We need a device with similar specs (CPU, GPU, RAM etc) running KK or having KK Source :cowboy:
I will asked the member who ported it to SM-T210 on how he did build the kernel.

Nice work, BTW.
Keep trying :good:

Note:
You should mention developers like @ketut.kumajaya ; @gr8nole ; @safariking etc to wish their attention :angel:

Good luck.

Galaxy tab 3 7.0 and galaxy tab 4 7.0 have same gpu and powered by marvell pxa galaxy tab 4 7.0 run on 4.4.2 galaxy tab 4 7.0 3g kk source http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search

Last edited:
Reactions: Shiva $$$

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
Please stop mentioned me about this T21x development. I don't own this device, hard for me to fix a specific issue. All my works and instructions available on github, @gr8nole works also available on github. Sometimes I just come and asking for a log but don't expect a solution from me. Sometimes I check gr8nole source, I'll give an advice if necessary.

hehk1234

Apr 10, 2014
Please stop mentioned me about this T21x development. I don't own this device, hard for me to fix a specific issue. All my works and instructions available on github, @gr8nole works also available on github. Sometimes I just come and asking for a log but don't expect a solution from me. Sometimes I check gr8nole source, I'll give an advice if necessary.

Ok, You know any dev expert have SM-t211 ?

Reactions: hassann98

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
Sorry for mentioning Ketut
Always respect your work :)

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Galaxy tab 3 7.0 and galaxy tab 4 7.0 have same gpu and powered by marvell pxa galaxy tab 4 7.0 run on 4.4.2 galaxy tab 4 7.0 3g kk source http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search
I know Tab 3 and 4 are using same GPU
However, CPUs are a bit different (Quad vs Dual).
So, that could be a problem. Ketut wrote on one of his posts he was trying to port Tab 4 7.0 KK to Tab 3 7.0 since both are powered by a Marvel CPU and Vivante GPU.
BTW, he just told he no longer a Tab 3 7.0 so we're unlucky about him.

Reactions: Shiva $$$

Nodali

Nov 14, 2012
I dont know how to contribute. What can I help? I am not a dev, but can not wait that cm11 com to my tab 3 7..

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

hehk1234

Apr 10, 2014
I dont know how to contribute. What can I help? I am not a dev, but can not wait that cm11 com to my tab 3 7..

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

We will wait a blackhawk kernel 2.2 . Maybe the dev can addict support for cm 11. If you go to the topic of "blackhawk kernel" you see the users of galaxy tab 3 7 wifi have same problem

bangdes

Jun 16, 2013
Thanks by attention , I need person expert to develop a kernel

No one as best as @ketut.kumajaya did...
But @gr8nole is developing similar device T210, he's the best one too..

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

We will wait a blackhawk kernel 2.2 . Maybe the dev can addict support for cm 11. If you go to the topic of "blackhawk kernel" you see the users of galaxy tab 3 7 wifi have same problem

or... should we donate him for buying the device? :p

Last edited:

bangdes

Jun 16, 2013
@hehk1234 i think there's something wrong when you build this rom, check a look your build.prop :
there's 2 'ro.build.id' and 'ro.build.display.id' in a build.prop with different android type, Kitkat (KTUxxx) vs Jellybean (JZOxxx) it will make a conflict....

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=KTU84M <----- this is id for KITKAT
ro.build.display.id=cm_lt02wifi-userdebug 4.4.3 KTU84M eba7697e4e test-keys
ro.build.id=JZO54K <------ and this is id for JELLYBEAN
ro.build.display.id=JZO54K.T211ZSAMI3 <------ and this is a stock rom id (how could be here?)
ro.build.version.incremental=eba7697e4e
ro.build.version.sdk=19
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.4.3
ro.build.date=Thu Jun 19 12:58:09 EDT 2014
ro.build.date.utc=1403197089
ro.build.type=userdebug
ro.build.user=dave
ro.build.host=noletude
ro.build.tags=test-keys

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
@hehk1234 i think there's something wrong when you build this rom, check a look your build.prop :
there's 2 'ro.build.id' and 'ro.build.display.id' in a build.prop with different android type, Kitkat (KTUxxx) vs Jellybean (JZOxxx) it will make a conflict....

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=KTU84M <----- this is id for KITKAT
ro.build.display.id=cm_lt02wifi-userdebug 4.4.3 KTU84M eba7697e4e test-keys
ro.build.id=JZO54K <------ and this is id for JELLYBEAN
ro.build.display.id=JZO54K.T211ZSAMI3 <------ and this is a stock rom id (how could be here?)
ro.build.version.incremental=eba7697e4e
ro.build.version.sdk=19
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.4.3
ro.build.date=Thu Jun 19 12:58:09 EDT 2014
ro.build.date.utc=1403197089
ro.build.type=userdebug
ro.build.user=dave
ro.build.host=noletude
ro.build.tags=test-keys

These 2 lines also means that build.prop came from my T210 build and was edited...
Code:
ro.build.user=dave
ro.build.host=noletude

bangdes

Jun 16, 2013
These 2 lines also means that build.prop came from my T210 build and was edited...
Code:
ro.build.user=dave
ro.build.host=noletude

Whoaa! Glad to see you here... :D
Of course, basically T210 and T211 is similar device with different in simcard. And we really sure what your build in T210 is gonna be useful, very useful, for our T211.
We're really need your advice... please :crying:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Whoaa! Glad to see you here... :D
Of course, basically T210 and T211 is similar device with different in simcard. And we really sure what your build in T210 is gonna be useful, very useful, for our T211.
We're really need your advice... please :crying:

Are you guys actually compiling or just trying to flash the T210 version?

Either way, it doesn't really matter if we don't figure out the hwcomposer and wifi (which isn't looking very promising).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What work ?
    boot,touch,gpu

What the problems ?
    wifi
    etc.

- Make sure you're running latest PhilZ Touch or CWM (TWRP not updated yet for SELinux)
    - Copy CM to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery and MAKE A BACKUP
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
    - Flash CM zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

Cyanogenmod 11 beta 1
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/RXv69DCwce/cyanogemod_11_beta_1_Galaxy_ta.html?
    So it must be easier for him, it boost his confidence to start build a kernel... :p

Next release cyanogenmod 11 I will solve some issue on build.prop . The hardware acceleration, I will see what the problem when my computer back. Ok folks I will make a custom rom and All files fixe on odex (make more performance), I pretend named "Sweet dreams" and themed based on android L, if you think interesting, contact me please:highfive:
    @bangdes My laptop back :highfive:, Now I will continues this project, Next release based 4.4.4, not more 4.4.3. Sometimes I will need some help to do that. Thanks and sorry for delay :(
    Hi dude good courage to bring CM for us....best to tag this [Dev] to get attention from the Developers here :)

Sent from my SM-T211 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thanks by attention , I need person expert to develop a kernel
    I'm syncing CyanogenMod 11 code, right now.
    I opted to restart writing the device tree from scratch, will see what happens.

Will let you know as soon as I can.