- May 31, 2012
Galaxy S4 Mini international LTE(GT-I9195) and 3G(GT-I9190) official CM11 snapshots bug reports & discussion.
This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM11 snapshot AND stable versions for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini international LTE variant (GT-I9195) and the international 3G variant (GT-I9190) (see notes section if you have some other variant).
Opened this thread to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.
** DO NOT USE THE JIRA BUG TRACKER TO REPORT BUGS FOR NIGHTLIES!
Reporting to JIRA is allowed for M / SNAPSHOT rom versions. Guidelines on how to report stuff there.
READ THIS WHOLE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING ON THIS THREAD TO AVOID ANGRY ANSWERS OR GETTING YOUR QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS IGNORED! IT'S THIS LONG FOR VERY GOOD REASON.
Changelog from CyanogenMod official blog !
Release thread / Development discussion only for the GT-I9195 | Download CyanogenMod 11 (GT-I9195) from get.cm
Release thread / Development discussion only for the GT-I9190 | Download CyanogenMod 11 (GT-I9190) from get.cm
Google Applications / gapps | Download gapps version 20140105 (also ART compatible) | Torrent.
Cyanogenmod Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini forums.
- I'm not the developer for these roms, nor do I work for Cyanogenmod, I just maintain this thread as a hobby. Please don't PM or spam me to answer your questions.
- This thread is ONLY for the CM11 nightlies discussion, there are other threads in the general and Q/A forums to answer questions about everything else than CM11 nightlies. (Example how to root s4mini is not related to this thread.)
- Arco68 is the maintainer/developer in charge of maintaining/developing CM for our phones. He isn't in charge of developing everything on CM, for example trebuchet or other feature development.
- F4k is the most active mod-developer for our phones, but he doesn't work for Cyanogenmod either.
- Please note that the CM11 isn't anymore in it's early stages, but still everything is not a bug, a lot hasn't been merged yet. So expect missing features. The missing features will come in due time. First RC should come on this year 2014, no other specific eta for it, useless to ask for eta on this matter.
- 1st rule of flashing custom roms etc.: No wipe - No whine.
- 2nd rule of flashing custom roms etc.: Always backup before flashing/updating.
- 3rd rule of flashing custom roms etc.: Google search and xda search are your friends when encountering problems.
- How to act on xda forums. Also answers the question "why I only get angry answers when I ask questions?".
- How root s4mini, general/small/faq guide.
- [GUIDE] How to install CM11, quick/small guide thread.
- When upgrading between different CM versions(cm10.1/10.2/11), you still need to flash the gapps module after upgrading as /system is wiped and it's pretty much necessary to do a full wipe when upgrading to CM11.
- Gapps are Google Apps for Android. The reason why you need to flash them separately from the rom.
- Notes about updating to latest stock FW before flashing custom ROMs
- Flashing CM11(or any custom rom based on CM?) may break your NFC on the stock rom if you sometime want to go back to it. The thread about this problem, there may be some fix for it in that thread and discussion of this problem should be done there. (Dirty) fix for NFC on stock.
- M / Snapshot / monthly releases are basically nightlies from specific time, but they shouln't have any major problems like bootlooping etc. More info about M-releases.
- ClockworkMod(cwm) is the official Cyanogenmod recovery. Latest version 22.214.171.124.
- The ROM comes with a Superuser app. You don't need to install another one.
- CM doesn't come with a IR Remote app, IR blaster support may be TV/device specific.
- Screenshot is Vol-Down + Home in CM.
- To install games/apps to external SD, you currently need some app/mod like FolderMount. Not sure how link2sd works, but it might help on this too. See this guide.
- Whisper Push aka TextSecure is in short, encrypted messaging. It requires data connection in order to work for now. More info here and here.
- Our device doesn't have LED like many phones do, so there's an another notification light implemented called BLN. (Sprint variant of s4mini has LED, but this variant isn't supported and these roms aren't for that variant)
- Button Lights Notification (BLN) kernel support by junkyde was implemented to the official CM tree by arco68, so you now only need the BLN app(free or pro). Using task killers, adblock plus or other apps like Clean Master may cause BLN not to work. If you BLN doesn't work do the steps in this post.
- Trebuchet launcher replaced Launcher3.
- This rom doesn't support Holo.
- If you use themes, be sure that they are up to date with CM11 changes.(When installing themes which appear to be improperly compiled, apply the default system theme and reboot and try again. Some themes maybe haven't been updated to kitkat standards.)
- If you want to help with translations on CM, check their translation site (?was transifex before not sure now?).
[*] These roms and this thread are only for the international models: GT-I9195 serranoltexx and GT-I9190 serrano3gxx. A comment from the rom developer about other variants. It's advised to post your full baseband from about phone settings before flashing anything.
- Other S4 Mini variants like GT-I9192, Sprint(JDQ39.L520 or SPH-L520), SHV-E370K, SGH-I257M, GT-I9195T and GT-I9197 aren't officially supported and using these roms on wrong variant may brick your device, but if you want to root them etc. search other threads from these S4 Mini forums for guides.
- Using ART instead of dalvik may cause FCs in apps etc. ART can also cause bootloops on some nightlies, example 20140222 and 20140226, check latest posts for future nightlies. (Generally ART should work just fine with the latest gapps and generally with all apps, but it needs support from app's side too.) Dalvik is still the official solution, supported and considered safe. Using ART may require more space from internal/external SD. Check for app ART combability here.
- Xposed is not supported here (neither are any other mods), issues related to it aren't nightly problems. Xposed only works with dalvik.
- If you are experiencing battery drainage, please check what's draining it with BetterBatteryStats or Wakelock Detector and the current issues below before posting about it. More info about wakelocks.
- For those who experience battery drainage from wifi, check this post out.
- You can't change settings for core1 permanently. Whatever setting you choose, core1 will always be restored to its driver defaults - interactive at any speed. Saving battery while core 1 is not needed is the point. It's a Qualcomm design.
- CAF = Code Aurora Forum - A division of Qualcomm doing the source code for their hardware.
- Quick Panel: Expanded desktop toggle doesn't show up if you haven't enabled Expanded desktop from the interface settings.
- Quick Panel: Profile toggle doesn't show up if you haven't enabled profiles from the settings.
- Three dots on apps is a new design preference from Google. More info.
- You can request features/mods in this thread, but if you want something to be implemented into official CM tree, this is not the right place for that. Personally I suggest you to find Cyanogenmod official forum request section(if there even is one.. found this though). Some devs like F4k are usually interested in development of mods, so they might do them. But remember: Spamming them(devs) about requests doesn't get your mods done, on the contrary it might even get your requests to be ignored.
Few useful apps and other stuff
- Google Experience launcher download link.
- Minimal gapps package version 20140227, minimal gapps package only includes the basic google stuff like Play, but no maps, hangouts etc. But it's still recommended to use the package which cyanogenmod wants you to use. Example PAgapps have been reported to cause issues.)
- Different modems. Ask about the benefits and other stuff in it's thread and not here.
- For making nandroid backups without booting to recovery, check this app (also has pro version). The app's xda thread. (If it doesn't work, update your recovery and root+busybox to the latest and try changing the shell as mentioned in the app.)
[*] (I might add more useful apps to this list if people tell about them, but I won't keep them up to date as in if you use them you are in charge of updating them. And this thread is not about their problems.)
Before reporting a bug
- Check the issues in this post and last 1-2 pages of the thread, so you can just quote and confirm a bug reported by another (or just use thanks button for this).
- If it isn't a known bug already, post it using the bug report template. Ask if someone else can reproduce it.
- If nobody can reproduce it, then you should do a full wipe(make a backup in cwm before it), don't restore/install anything else(this includes custom kernels/apps/settings etc.) than what is needed for trying to reproduce the bug in a clean install. Or just do this step before even reporting it.
- If the bug is still there then, you can just restore your phone back to the state before wiping.
- It would also help greatly to provide logs (in [code][/code] blocks), in an organized manner.
Only report issues occurring on the latest Snapshot.
Preferably don't report bugs if aren't using the default performance settings(no oc, interactive governor, i/o row etc.), default kernel(no f4k/bln/mods/customs etc.), default launcher(trebuchet) and no app freezing/greenifying/xposed/scripts etc. Or at least test without them before reporting.[/B]
Bug report template:
1. What is the bug/issue?
2. How does it occur(reproducing steps, 3rd party devices/apps, provide full device model names)?
3. How long it has been an issue (example nightly version)?
4. Are you using any mods, kernels, task killers, hibernating apps etc.?
5. Which cache do you use, dalvik or ART?
6. Does it happen when using mobile data, WiFi or both?
7. What have you tried to do to fix it?
8. Provide screenshot from About phone settings.
10. Additional info.
1. BT doesn't work.
2. I switch on BT, scan for devices, but nothing shows up.
3. Since xxxxxx-nightly. / Since I did this or that.
4. No. / Yes, but I have tried without them. / Yes, this and that.
5. Dalvik. / ART, but I have tried with dalvik. / ART. / (Default=dalvik).
6. Only on mobile data. / Only on WiFi. / On both. / Without them/airplane mode.
7. I have tried with 5 different BT devices from different manufacturer and full wiped, but nothing helps.
10. Some additional info.
You can also report and confirm problems at google doc for this thread. I'll gradually move them here from there.
LIST OF ISSUES / MISSING FEATURES
Verified & Reproduced
Fixed / In coming build
Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Unverified / Kernel issue
- S view flip cover support. (some info here)
- Jawbone UP wristband support. (some info here)
- Choco Cooky or more fonts in general.
- SMemo from StockRom.
- Touch sensitivity increase option. (some info: 1,2.)
- Option to disable illuminating buttons / button backlights when only touching the screen, but still illuminating them when you touch the buttons. Info
- WiFi hotspot options/settings, example how many users can connect to it.
- TPTs or way to repartition system since there's like 1GB empty unusable space.
- Option to disable bootanimation from settings. Some info.
- Dynamic notifications. More info.
- Notification counter on icons. Info 1 & 2. Picture.
- Framework implementation to adjust how strong the haptic feedback is for soft keys. Some info. Temporarily you can use xposed app Gravitybox.
- Wi-Fi direct over NFC. Tempfix, SuperBeam app.
- Predefined color profiles, example grayscale. Tempfix app.
- Galaxy Gear etc. smartwatch support.
- Fully working Google Dialer.
Accepted (being/will be worked on in the future)
Done / Already available
Borrowed the template from @Whosat
Boot to cwm recovery
Reset data/factory reset (also wipes cache)
Advanced->Wipe dalvik cache
Mounts and storage->format \system
Install zip from sdcard etc. to flash rom & gapps.
Umm, cm roms aren't meant to be flashed via odin. You should only use odin to flash custom recovery, in this case clockworkmod and with it you flash the cm rom. Other recoveries aren't suggested either, since they may cause issues themselves too.
Also it's recommended use these gapps http://itvends.com/gapps/gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip instead of anything else, example PAgapps have some issues with some use-cases.
No issues = ok to use anything you like. Issues = test with the right stuff.