CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1) for Galaxy S4 LTE-A

Search This thread

wkwk

Jan 11, 2007
Flash stock Lollipop ROM first and come back.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using XDA Free mobile app

What about SHV-E330S?, I dont believe it got stock lollipop from Samsung

Correction, I see its now got a lollipop update, is this absolutely necessary?, never had problems with temasek CM12 and ur kernel running kk bootloader.

Sent from my SHV-E330S using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2014
just dirty flashed from v8.8 and it's fine, the apps work, no FCs. I got a pinkish, sort of salmon-coloured hue in the display and currently this rom does not have the extra features from v8.8 like screen off in quick settings. things that can be customised. oh yeah there's no soft keys option in the settings. I'll wait for a version with the extra features.

Reactions: jujigar and wkwk

youhouse45

Jan 20, 2015
Hi guys I wanted to install this rom at the beginning everything is fine but when validating my account cyanogen problem is that Unfortunalety setup wizard has been stopped and reboot sorry for my english i'm french boy

TonskuDaigle

Dec 24, 2012
Fuengirola
just dirty flashed from v8.8 and it's fine, the apps work, no FCs. I got a pinkish, sort of salmon-coloured hue in the display and currently this rom does not have the extra features from v8.8 like screen off in quick settings. things that can be customised. oh yeah there's no soft keys option in the settings. I'll wait for a version with the extra features.
Could the hue be from LiveDisplay? Look from settings.

As for the other features, I believe they're CM features so arter may not have much to say on those.

Revolted5

I haven't used them much until a couple of weeks ago. Could you describe how they're not working? Because for me they seem to be working fine.

I don't know about sound, usually I have the phone on vibrate, but the Notification Light still lights up even with Interruptions on, I even tried no interruptions at all, on arter97 CM12 that did not happen.

TonskuDaigle

Dec 24, 2012
Fuengirola
Ah I see. I get notifications too even though I'm on "none" interruptions. But then again, Google made a whole hassle of this whole thing and it's very confusing so I'm not even sure how it is supposed to work :D

Revolted5

Ah I see. I get notifications too even though I'm on "none" interruptions. But then again, Google made a whole hassle of this whole thing and it's very confusing so I'm not even sure how it is supposed to work :D

Yeah, I don't quite understand how exactly it works either, seems like having some interruption settings on is like its off, and off is on, its kind of annoying while I'm sleeping, I wake up to that blinking notification light, oh well, I'll just disable it manually before sleeping like I did yesterday ;)

Polarisfff

Jun 14, 2013
Hi thank you for the 5.1 Rom. Great work.

One thing. Camera is crashing sometimes (by switching from front to back, go to settings etc.). And no HDR ;)

Greetings.

chillar

Feb 7, 2010
I installed lollipop stock and afterwards all cm 12.1 docs. however, the cyanogenmod wizard is crashing all the time for me. Which specific gapps have been used by you to make it work? I guess the crash is related to incompatible gapps.

Thanks!

wkwk

Jan 11, 2007
Is the smartwatch Bluetooth connection issue sorted?.

Sent from my SHV-E330S using XDA Free mobile app

sevenlife

Jun 9, 2013
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I made dirty flash on v8.8 . all smooth for me except when I open alarm it fc. But except this I think is smoothest from v 8.8

Sent from my GT-I9506 using XDA Free mobile app

chillar

Feb 7, 2010
I used half a day now to reinstall stock lollipop again and tried various gapps for 5.1. I followed the instruction on the first page, installing cm 12.1., kernel 5.0.1., installed gapps for 5.1. minimal edition and applied the 2.0 patch für I9506. The cyanogenmod setup wizard keeps crashing and i cannot get over it.

One workaround for me was to not install gapps, get through the setup wizard and afterwards installing gapps 5.1. However, it did not seem to work properly. also I had troubles e.g. receiving or sending sms/mms. I would be more than happy to be directed to a combination of files that you have flashed to make it work. otherwise I am going back to cm 12.0.

Thanks

flowingthought

Sep 23, 2010
Tallkrogen
I installed lollipop stock and afterwards all cm 12.1 docs. however, the cyanogenmod wizard is crashing all the time for me. Which specific gapps have been used by you to make it work? I guess the crash is related to incompatible gapps.

Thanks!
Had the same problem... I switched recovery to cvm and installed
cm-12.1-20150325-UNOFFICIAL-ks01lte.zip and arter97-kernel-i9506-5.0.1.zip also gapps-lp-20150211-signed.zip. Works like a charm.
Hope it helped!

chillar

Feb 7, 2010
Had the same problem... I switched recovery to cvm and installed
cm-12.1-20150325-UNOFFICIAL-ks01lte.zip and arter97-kernel-i9506-5.0.1.zip also gapps-lp-20150211-signed.zip. Works like a charm.
Hope it helped!

Unfortunately your gapps are not for 5.1, but for 5.0.1.

I did everything once more starting with lollipop stock rom etc. No success. My temporary solution is now to install everything but the gapps, run the setup wizard, then install gapps afterwards. However, its remains to be not properly working, since. f.e. package-installer is always crashing when installing a apk manually. Also sms/mms is always crashing when receiving a SMS. Therefore I cannot receive any sms at the moment. I would like to kindly ask you to test, if you are able to receive SMS.

Since I tripple-checked all steps now I am pretty sure that the error is not on my side. I hope arter97 may get the time to get into this. I am happy to test whatever is needed during the weekend. Otherwise i will switch back on monday to cm12.

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s4_cid.png

CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1) for Galaxy S4 LTE-A​

/* Info */

Portion of CyanogenMod 12.1 to Galaxy S4 LTE-A.
    These ROMs are based on Galaxy Note 3(hlte)'s ROMs.
    For more info, visit http://www.cyanogenmod.org

/* Disclaimer */

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.

/* Supported device */

Galaxy S4 LTE-A SK (SHV-E330S, ks01lteskt)
    Galaxy S4 LTE-A KT (SHV-E330K, ks01ltektt)
    Galaxy S4 LTE + International (GT-I9506, ks01lte)

/* Unsupported device */

Galaxy S4 LTE-A LG (SHV-E330L, ks01ltelgt)
    Galaxy S4 WITHOUT Snapdragon 800 SoC

/* What you need to know */

Kernel is not included! Make sure to download and install kernel specifically made for CyanogenMod
    This is an unofficial portion of CyanogenMod
    'Opensource' does not mean 'no-respect'
    Leave credits to original developers
    This is an unofficial, unstable portion of staging CyanogenMod 12.1.
    You may encounter errors and instabilities.

/* Thanks to */

@temasek71
    @sktjdgns1189
    @Sleepy
    hsk from Matcl
    @yank555-lu
    @solk2

/* Contact */

Email : qkrwngud825@gmail.com
    Twitter : @arter97_dev

/* Downloads */

Please buy me a cup of coffee if this was helpful for you :)
    arter97 kernel for Android 5.1
    ROM

/* Installation */

* Gapps must be made for Android 5.1 Lollipop ! *
    1. Install ClockworkMod(or PhilZ) recovery
    2. Put ROM, kernel and Gapps on you SD card
    3. Enter recovery and do a factory reset
    4. Flash ROM, kernel and Gapps in order
    5. If you're an i9506 user, flash the fix file from here : http://www.arter97.com/browse/S4/etc/i9506_patch

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1) for Galaxy S4 LTE-A, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    arter97
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod 12.1

Version Information

Created 2015-03-25
    Last Updated 2015-03-25