CyanogenMod 12.1 for the HTC Desire 510

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
r3pwn.com
Introduction
Hello! It's time for some fresh blood to get a chance to have some fun. Continue reading if you care about my semi-personal details. If not, then skip down below. I'm r3pwn, a 16 year-old developer and I enjoy messing around with technology in my free time (That's about as personal as it's going to get).
If you have any questions related to this rom, don't hesitate to ask either in this thread or via PM.

Disclaimer
CyanogenMod members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
Known Issues
- Turning WiFi off causes a reboot
- Activating Airplane Mode causes a reboot
- It seems that cellular data is not working
- Camera is not working
- When WiFi is on, the phone randomly reboots (seems to be a Cricket thing)

Well, what DOES work, then?
- FM Radio
- WiFi (please note the issues listed above)
- Bluetooth
- Calling/Texting

Screenshots
I attached a handful of screenshots, which you can see at the bottom of this post.

Downloads
ROM: cm-12.1-20150813-UNOFFICIAL-a11.zip
MD5: 7c075b6fb8da3c96bcb38bb866c489d4

Older/Previous Releases

Please note that the file above does not include Google apps, such as Gmail, YouTube, or the Google Play Store. You will have to install those manually, just make sure they are compatible with Android 5.1.

Sweet! How do I install it?
Well, that depends on one thing. Are you S-OFF or S-ON?
If you don't know what this means, then you're S-ON.

If you're S-ON
1. Download the ROM zip to your computer.
2. Extract the "boot.img" from the zip file.
3. Put the zip file on your device and flash it in TWRP.
4. Reboot the device to fastboot mode and, on your computer, flash the boot image you extracted to your device by issuing the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
5. Reboot normally

If you're S-OFF
1. Place the zip on your device and flash in TWRP
2. Reboot normally

Changelog
- 8/13/15
--- Fixed an issue that caused CDMA users not to be able to place calls or send/receive text messages

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12.1 for the HTC Desire 510, ROM for the HTC Desire 510

Contributors
r3pwn, rbheromax
Source Code: https://github.com/r3pwn

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: None
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-08-12
Last Updated 2015-08-12

Attachments

Last edited:

markuaw1

Jul 27, 2015
Gapps package

No problem. :)
I added another disclaimer to the OP, basically saying that it's not quite daily-driver material yet, just in case anyone decided to skip over the issues list.
is the Lollipop Base Gapps package 5.1.1: gapps-511-base-20150807-1-signed.zip the right one to use with CyanogenMod 12.1 for the HTC Desire 510 ??

Last edited:

MAME Arcade

Aug 8, 2014
never mind i forgot to factory reset.

Going to try this out later tonight when I get back home from work. Looking forward to seeing this progress.
but now i have another problem, whenever wifi is turned on (cricket model) it will freeze thewn reboot a a fewv seconds later.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Please make sure that the MD5 of the zip you have is the same as the MD5 that I have posted in the OP. What is the error exactly?
but now i have another problem, whenever wifi is turned on (cricket model) it will freeze thewn reboot a a fewv seconds later.

CSP III

Jan 11, 2013
Detroit
Appreciate your work man. you're a 16 yr. old badass in my book.
Prepare yourself though for lots of headaches from the many many users who just wont take the time to read your instructions. Never seen anything like it during my time here on XDA.
What you have done so far is remarkable (you too Mr. Mike) I can wait for stabilization if it comes, if not no biggie. You'll never hear a complaint from me bro.
You need anything, just ask. I'm available to those who are serious like yourself (you too Mr. Mike :D)
Anyways, thanks buddy. For everything.

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
r3pwn.com
I'll talk more to my Cricket tester and see if he has the same issue.
EDIT: I updated the OP and added this.

Appreciate your work man. you're a 16 yr. old badass in my book.
Prepare yourself though for lots of headaches from the many many users who just wont take the time to read your instructions. Never seen anything like it during my time here on XDA.
What you have done so far is remarkable (you too Mr. Mike) I can wait for stabilization if it comes, if not no biggie. You'll never hear a complaint from me bro.
You need anything, just ask. I'm available to those who are serious like yourself (you too Mr. Mike :D)
Anyways, thanks buddy. For everything.
Thanks! This is actually further than I initially envisioned myself making it. It's fun to do this type of stuff actually. I bought my 510 off-contract and never activated it, with the intent of just doing this stuff to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CSP III

s3llz

Sep 20, 2012
Nacogdoches
I'll talk more to my Cricket tester and see if he has the same issue.
EDIT: I updated the OP and added this.

Thanks! This is actually further than I initially envisioned myself making it. It's fun to do this type of stuff actually. I bought my 510 off-contract and never activated it, with the intent of just doing this stuff to it.

Love the progress. This rom is awesome. I have two HTC Desire 510's. After reading the "Not Working Section" I realized that data doesn't work on virgin mobile just yet. So, I will re-install this rom on my non activated one and follow your progress until calls, messaging and camera works. Then, I will install it on my activated one. But, thumbs up my friend. You beat MIUI to the punch in getting a modern rom started for this device. They still work on dinosaur HTC device roms. LOL!!

Reactions: CDX27

Flash_Aholic

Dec 14, 2013
Man r3pwn killin it!! Amazing work my dude mad props too! Goin test this out later on my vm desire, thanks r3pwn!

Sent from my 0PCV1 using XDA Free mobile app

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
r3pwn.com
Love the progress. This rom is awesome. I have two HTC Desire 510's. After reading the "Not Working Section" I realized that data doesn't work on virgin mobile just yet. So, I will re-install this rom on my non activated one and follow your progress until calls, messaging and camera works. Then, I will install it on my activated one. But, thumbs up my friend. You beat MIUI to the punch in getting a modern rom started for this device. They still work on dinosaur HTC device roms. LOL!!
Data doesn't work, but calls and texts should work fine.

when will this be stable this rom looks awesome keep up the good work
I have no idea when I will be able to get everything working.

Man r3pwn killin it!! Amazing work my dude mad props too! Goin test this out later on my vm desire, thanks r3pwn!

Sent from my 0PCV1 using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks! I have the Sprint variant, myself.

s3llz

Sep 20, 2012
Nacogdoches
Data doesn't work, but calls and texts should work fine.

I have no idea when I will be able to get everything working.

Thanks! I have the Sprint variant, myself.
I must have done something wrong when installing. LOL!! I'm not an expert at flashing. So I don't doubt that I did something wrong. Ok, i'm gonna go back and retrace my steps on the flash and make sure I didn't miss any steps. Wait, I think I did. Is the boot image that needs to be extracted from the zip for those of us who are still s-on does that mean it needs to be completely out of the zip and then flashed in fastboot? If so, that is were I messed up at. And when whipping, do we factory whip or advance whip? Just wanna make sure. If I can at least get calls and text working, I'll be fine.

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
r3pwn.com
I must have done something wrong when installing. LOL!! I'm not an expert at flashing. So I don't doubt that I did something wrong. Ok, i'm gonna go back and retrace my steps on the flash and make sure I didn't miss any steps. Wait, I think I did. Is the boot image that needs to be extracted from the zip for those of us who are still s-on does that mean it needs to be completely out of the zip and then flashed in fastboot? If so, that is were I messed up at. And when whipping, do we factory whip or advance whip? Just wanna make sure. If I can at least get calls and text working, I'll be fine.
You can leave the zip as it is, you just have to make sure that you flash the boot image in fastboot. When I wipe, I usually pick "Advanced Wioe" and wipe system, data, cache, dalvik-cache and sometimes even internal storage.

markuaw1

Jul 27, 2015
will this work with boost mobile ?? i 1. Download the ROM zip to your computer.
4. Reboot the device to fastboot mode and, on your computer, flash the boot image you extracted to your device by issuing the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
5. Reboot normally that all went great ! but cant - Call , Text ,

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
r3pwn.com
will this work with boost mobile ?? i 1. Download the ROM zip to your computer.
5. Reboot normally that all went great ! but cant - Call , Text ,
It should work, but based on what other people are saying, I guess not. I'll update the OP

s3llz

Sep 20, 2012
Nacogdoches
It should work, but based on what other people are saying, I guess not. I'll update the OP

Hey, you are doing fine. No complaints here. I know from experience that it takes time to get these roms fully running. Plus, I'd rather you be in good spirit while working on this masterpiece. :D:fingers-crossed::victory: