• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Cyanogenmod 12 Battery issues

Search This thread

Darkeloth

Jul 28, 2014
I recently installed cm-12-20150625-SNAPSHOT-YNG4NAO09M-e975.zip CM 12 on my LG - E975 and I observed that there are some issues with the battery life.
From what I can tell the device doesn't go to "deep sleep" or "Phone Idle" and stays in a ready state "Cell Standby". I searched a bit on this issue and I found out that this might be a Lollipop bug, if so, does anyone know when it was / will be fixed?

Last edited:

PsychoGame

May 18, 2012
Koudum
Hello everybody,

The battery drain issue is a known bug in current CM-12.1 builds.
This is not due to the lollipop bug, but I tracked it down to a "deep sleep" issue.
In android runtime something is going wrong, which blocks the phone from entering "deep sleep"
If you want to verify this I recommend you to install "BetterBatteryStats" in which you can see the phone never enters "deep sleep"
When my phone is on for 8 hours or so the amount of time it spends in "deep sleep" is approximately 1 min or so.
This behavior is not right.
I'm currently trying to find out what might cause problem of the phone not entering "deep sleep"
What I suspect currently is something with a service called qseecomd which is crashing.
When looking into kernel "dmesg" I found that the "power management" related stuff about exiting deep sleep is constantly right after qseecomd crashing.
Currently I'm busy trying to find a way to fix this issue.

Greetings PsychoGame

Reactions: paul_zm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,

The battery drain issue is a known bug in current CM-12.1 builds.
    This is not due to the lollipop bug, but I tracked it down to a "deep sleep" issue.
    In android runtime something is going wrong, which blocks the phone from entering "deep sleep"
    If you want to verify this I recommend you to install "BetterBatteryStats" in which you can see the phone never enters "deep sleep"
    When my phone is on for 8 hours or so the amount of time it spends in "deep sleep" is approximately 1 min or so.
    This behavior is not right.
    I'm currently trying to find out what might cause problem of the phone not entering "deep sleep"
    What I suspect currently is something with a service called qseecomd which is crashing.
    When looking into kernel "dmesg" I found that the "power management" related stuff about exiting deep sleep is constantly right after qseecomd crashing.
    Currently I'm busy trying to find a way to fix this issue.

Greetings PsychoGame