Cyanogenmod 12 Samsung Galaxy S6

Search This thread

harsinghal

May 17, 2014
I saw on a blog , Cyanogenmod 12 on Samsung Galaxy S6 , is the screenshots real ?

Blog - Source

Screenshots -

Screenshot_2014-12-28-08-37-22.png

Last edited:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Too soon i think, usualy it takes at least 2-3 months before CM is starting to support new devices afaik.

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Right! was that the reason CM devs abandoned CM for Galaxy S5 G900H? No wonder, it was released in April 2014 and there is still no CM for it. BTW G900H is an unlocked model.

I would imagine. The only thing S6 owners have going for them is that every variant uses the exynos. Still, I wouldn't hold your breath though.

xtraspecialj

Jan 11, 2011
Why would be there on-screen buttons, when the Galaxy S6 has dedicated ones?

Cyanogenmod is pure vanilla Android with extra options thrown in. Since vanilla Android uses software buttons, Cyanogenmod gives you the option to use them as well. You can either turn off your hardware buttons, or assign other functions to them and use them along with the software buttons. I personally have the software buttons on my Note 4 turned off and I doubt my wife will use the software buttons on her S6 when I upgrade it to CM12 when available, but it's all about options.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Cyanogenmod is pure vanilla Android with extra options thrown in. Since vanilla Android uses software buttons, Cyanogenmod gives you the option to use them as well. You can either turn off your hardware buttons, or assign other functions to them and use them along with the software buttons. I personally have the software buttons on my Note 4 turned off and I doubt my wife will use the software buttons on her S6 when I upgrade it to CM12 when available, but it's all about options.

This is not completely true. Cm is very far from pure Android. They change way too much from the base Android code. This is why you see different bases in roms. You have a CM base or an AOSP base.

sanchit0403

Sep 10, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
100 % sure its fake because cyanogenmod version in this screen shot is 11 and android is 5.0.2 and build date is of 2014 leave sources i guess at that time s6 wasn't released

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you stopped working on itß

I stopped working on it while waiting for an S6, yes. Just need to get some free time now to begin working on development again.
    Yes I am working on the S6 but progress is slow due to the new exynos SoC. It 'boots' in the sense that the BOOT_COMPLETED Intent is being handled by the system, but the display is currently non existent.

Also don't have a device of my own; been bumming it from resources when I can but that access is soon to be gone. :/
    Does anybody knows if it is even possible to port cm / an aosp Rom to our s6? Due to the exynos Chip. Some people are saying that it is even not possible.

Samsung haven't released the necessary dev kit or whatever it is that allows people to understand how to utilise the SoC. Because it is their own hardware they are trying to make it impossible for anyone else to use it, and succeeding. Until they do (probably never) it will not be possible for CM to be on these devices. This will be the last Samsung device I purchase. Far too many things that annoy me about them, they're basically just an android version of Apple.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    it can have , as its about cyanogenmod not samsung ! Its pure vanilla !

I know it CAN have. I ask WHY have it, when you end up with 2 pairs of buttons, which somehow doesn't seem very intuitive to me.
    the screenshot is fake i can guarantee that the build date was 11.4.15 that's just one day the launch date of s6 plus the build prop should be 920x it says 920 ,the resolution of screenshot is too low than 2k ,plus the most important if he has made it boot then it should be on xda he can get a looot of donations, and i dont think any dev can achieve this feat in just one day after launch without sources(sources were released much after) plus at that time recovery was also very unstable SO TOTALLY FAKE!!!
    And as far as actual CM12 is concerned we will get official cm12 in 2-3 months and they all will run like butter on 3gb ram hardly 1.9 gb will be used just have patience!!