Cyanogenmod 12 Samsung Galaxy S6

Search This thread

magoo5289

Dec 18, 2010
Queens, NY
Agreed and if you're planning to run CM its a bit crazy as you will lose fingerprint security and camera quality will be trash.

I for one can't wait for CM. Could not care less about the fingerprint security (a gimmick IMO) and just replace the stock Camera with Google Camera. Good to go. And battery for days, I'm sure.

It all comes back to Exynos though, so let's see what the talented Devs come up with.

hajyihia

May 31, 2013
I for one can't wait for CM. Could not care less about the fingerprint security (a gimmick IMO) and just replace the stock Camera with Google Camera. Good to go. And battery for days, I'm sure.

It all comes back to Exynos though, so let's see what the talented Devs come up with.
you wont lose "only" the fingerprint security, the camera will be much worse than the stock one, and battery like will suck....i always flash CM because of the speed and smoothness over the TW roms, but this time around the phone is faster than most phones so i dont need CM for now...

magoo5289

Dec 18, 2010
Queens, NY
you wont lose "only" the fingerprint security, the camera will be much worse than the stock one, and battery like will suck....i always flash CM because of the speed and smoothness over the TW roms, but this time around the phone is faster than most phones so i dont need CM for now...

Not sure I agree with that. I've had Samsung phones since Gen1. CM has always run much better than TouchWiz both on performance and battery life. Granted we'll have to see how optimized we can get it on Exynos.

As for the camera, yeah the stock one does suck, but Google Camera works quite well as a replacement. Already using that over what you get in Stock.

Development is underway and progress seems to be pretty good to date so I'm optimistic.

Last edited:

hajyihia

May 31, 2013
Goodluck with ur CM12 S6 ... Lol bad camera, no fingerprint (and I dont think its a gimmick), no sam pay , and worst wait for a very long time to get a stable build. And oh I came from 1+1.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
exactly, i had the CM12 on my S4 and the camera is ****, music distort at high levels, overheating, no stable version even after two years....CM is only for the ones that already got bored wth TW....and i am not one of them although i used an S2 and S4 and now S6..

jah2110

Sep 21, 2014
Fake that screenshot... 900h dont have cm12 and pretend cm12 for s6? The model phono oviously change in the build.prop. regards

xzr3b0rnzx

Sep 13, 2008
dev(s) working on is probably waiting for the 5.1.1 update to rolled out first.

we need cm on this device man..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you stopped working on itß

I stopped working on it while waiting for an S6, yes. Just need to get some free time now to begin working on development again.
    Yes I am working on the S6 but progress is slow due to the new exynos SoC. It 'boots' in the sense that the BOOT_COMPLETED Intent is being handled by the system, but the display is currently non existent.

Also don't have a device of my own; been bumming it from resources when I can but that access is soon to be gone. :/
    Does anybody knows if it is even possible to port cm / an aosp Rom to our s6? Due to the exynos Chip. Some people are saying that it is even not possible.

Samsung haven't released the necessary dev kit or whatever it is that allows people to understand how to utilise the SoC. Because it is their own hardware they are trying to make it impossible for anyone else to use it, and succeeding. Until they do (probably never) it will not be possible for CM to be on these devices. This will be the last Samsung device I purchase. Far too many things that annoy me about them, they're basically just an android version of Apple.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    it can have , as its about cyanogenmod not samsung ! Its pure vanilla !

I know it CAN have. I ask WHY have it, when you end up with 2 pairs of buttons, which somehow doesn't seem very intuitive to me.
    the screenshot is fake i can guarantee that the build date was 11.4.15 that's just one day the launch date of s6 plus the build prop should be 920x it says 920 ,the resolution of screenshot is too low than 2k ,plus the most important if he has made it boot then it should be on xda he can get a looot of donations, and i dont think any dev can achieve this feat in just one day after launch without sources(sources were released much after) plus at that time recovery was also very unstable SO TOTALLY FAKE!!!
    And as far as actual CM12 is concerned we will get official cm12 in 2-3 months and they all will run like butter on 3gb ram hardly 1.9 gb will be used just have patience!!