Cyanogenmod 12 Samsung Galaxy S6

Search This thread

ThugEsquire

Jun 4, 2010
Has the CM team even found a maintainer for the Galaxy S6/S6e? That's how you'd know if it were in the works; find out if and who they've found to take on the porting.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Has the CM team even found a maintainer for the Galaxy S6/S6e? That's how you'd know if it were in the works; find out if and who they've found to take on the porting.

It will be hard pressed to find anyone that will support that device. Many of the team walked away from Samsung over the Exynos chip and refused to buy any device that uses that chip. If someone does get it working expect things to be broken with no way to fix it.

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
the screenshot is fake i can guarantee that the build date was 11.4.15 that's just one day the launch date of s6 plus the build prop should be 920x it says 920 ,the resolution of screenshot is too low than 2k ,plus the most important if he has made it boot then it should be on xda he can get a looot of donations, and i dont think any dev can achieve this feat in just one day after launch without sources(sources were released much after) plus at that time recovery was also very unstable SO TOTALLY FAKE!!!
And as far as actual CM12 is concerned we will get official cm12 in 2-3 months and they all will run like butter on 3gb ram hardly 1.9 gb will be used just have patience!!

Ghost9867

Mar 16, 2015
Does he really porting the cyanogen 12.1 to the s6

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk

BMc08GT

Oct 26, 2012
Metro Detroit
Yes I am working on the S6 but progress is slow due to the new exynos SoC. It 'boots' in the sense that the BOOT_COMPLETED Intent is being handled by the system, but the display is currently non existent.

Also don't have a device of my own; been bumming it from resources when I can but that access is soon to be gone. :/

lukalisanin

Aug 15, 2014
Do you think that Note 5 existence will speed up cyanogenmod development for Exynos 7420 and Galaxy S6 aosp roms in general?

mythos234

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 8, 2015
Wrocław
Do you think that Note 5 existence will speed up cyanogenmod development for Exynos 7420 and Galaxy S6 aosp roms in general?

Probably not. Exynos isn't known for being open source. Maybe someone there can handle the framebuffer, but they will have their own truckload of problems. Just as we do. The Display is most likely just the tip of the iceberg.
Maybe the Note 5 will have talented devs with the device though, but it will still be a long route. Who knows, maybe it might benefit us

Last edited:

Ghost9867

Mar 16, 2015
But do you think that the exynos sources will release ?

Inviato dal mio SM-N920C utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you stopped working on itß

I stopped working on it while waiting for an S6, yes. Just need to get some free time now to begin working on development again.
    Yes I am working on the S6 but progress is slow due to the new exynos SoC. It 'boots' in the sense that the BOOT_COMPLETED Intent is being handled by the system, but the display is currently non existent.

Also don't have a device of my own; been bumming it from resources when I can but that access is soon to be gone. :/
    Does anybody knows if it is even possible to port cm / an aosp Rom to our s6? Due to the exynos Chip. Some people are saying that it is even not possible.

Samsung haven't released the necessary dev kit or whatever it is that allows people to understand how to utilise the SoC. Because it is their own hardware they are trying to make it impossible for anyone else to use it, and succeeding. Until they do (probably never) it will not be possible for CM to be on these devices. This will be the last Samsung device I purchase. Far too many things that annoy me about them, they're basically just an android version of Apple.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    it can have , as its about cyanogenmod not samsung ! Its pure vanilla !

I know it CAN have. I ask WHY have it, when you end up with 2 pairs of buttons, which somehow doesn't seem very intuitive to me.
    the screenshot is fake i can guarantee that the build date was 11.4.15 that's just one day the launch date of s6 plus the build prop should be 920x it says 920 ,the resolution of screenshot is too low than 2k ,plus the most important if he has made it boot then it should be on xda he can get a looot of donations, and i dont think any dev can achieve this feat in just one day after launch without sources(sources were released much after) plus at that time recovery was also very unstable SO TOTALLY FAKE!!!
    And as far as actual CM12 is concerned we will get official cm12 in 2-3 months and they all will run like butter on 3gb ram hardly 1.9 gb will be used just have patience!!