Cyanogenmod 12 Samsung Galaxy S6

Search This thread

FaserF

Oct 23, 2014
Munich
www.youtube.com
Does anybody knows if it is even possible to port cm / an aosp Rom to our s6? Due to the exynos Chip. Some people are saying that it is even not possible.

BobbyHenceMcGee

Oct 3, 2010
Australia
Does anybody knows if it is even possible to port cm / an aosp Rom to our s6? Due to the exynos Chip. Some people are saying that it is even not possible.

Samsung haven't released the necessary dev kit or whatever it is that allows people to understand how to utilise the SoC. Because it is their own hardware they are trying to make it impossible for anyone else to use it, and succeeding. Until they do (probably never) it will not be possible for CM to be on these devices. This will be the last Samsung device I purchase. Far too many things that annoy me about them, they're basically just an android version of Apple.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
Samsung haven't released the necessary dev kit or whatever it is that allows people to understand how to utilise the SoC. Because it is their own hardware they are trying to make it impossible for anyone else to use it, and succeeding. Until they do (probably never) it will not be possible for CM to be on these devices. This will be the last Samsung device I purchase. Far too many things that annoy me about them, they're basically just an android version of Apple.

This is true that a proper documentation is needed but it is not impossible to do it !

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA Free mobile app

FaserF

Oct 23, 2014
Munich
www.youtube.com

Same goes for me, waiting till the end of the year. Shame on Samsung.
Maybe I will try to give my S6 away for a Nexus 5 2015 (Nexus 5X).
I am very angry to see Samsung doing such a ****...

Yes I am working on the S6 but progress is slow due to the new exynos SoC. It 'boots' in the sense that the BOOT_COMPLETED Intent is being handled by the system, but the display is currently non existent.

Also don't have a device of my own; been bumming it from resources when I can but that access is soon to be gone. :/

So you stopped working on itß

Last edited:

DomDelux

Aug 6, 2015
its a fake

This is a fake from an unprofessional blog........

Sorry for you but it is in fact a fake. They also say Cyanogenmod 11, but android version 5.x. But cyanogenmod 11 only opperates with android kit kat, so this cant be true.

It officially says that the developer got some problems with Samsung exynos processor. The cyanogenmod code is not compatible to this processor. But official cyanogenmod dev`s are working on it.

Source:
cyanogenmod forums. ( cant post the link because i did not reach 10 replys

RidinNerdy

Jul 30, 2015
This is a fake from an unprofessional blog........

Sorry for you but it is in fact a fake. They also say Cyanogenmod 11, but android version 5.x. But cyanogenmod 11 only opperates with android kit kat, so this cant be true.

It officially says that the developer got some problems with Samsung exynos processor. The cyanogenmod code is not compatible to this processor. But official cyanogenmod dev`s are working on it.

Source:
cyanogenmod forums. ( cant post the link because i did not reach 10 replys
This is extra real and highly professional of them to give us this gem and for us to treat another mans hard work like garbage... i flashed it and my dog exploded into 10 trillion pieces and was able to feed a whole village.. then we were all constipated...

browny2k4

Nov 17, 2011
BMc08GT says he does not have a device. Does he mean he is trying to Dev om the s6 without actually having a s6. If so contact me as I have a spare blocked one you can have.

CTXz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2015
Prague
Lol I asked samsung if they will be releasing the Exynos 7 source code for the s6 and they responded with the kernel source. Do they even understand English??

c4gV2c8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1619415

shigi1231

Sep 26, 2015
Damn, I'm telling you guys, Samsung phones could be the best of Android if they become friendly with the dev community. damn it

marcdegasperi

Jun 19, 2015
Buchloe
!!!Fake!!!

This is definitely a fake because there first is not a Galaxy S6 with the model number SM-G920 the European unlocked model is the SM-G902F.
it will probably take longer for it to come over to the S6.
But let's not give up jet!

popthosegaskets

This is definitely a fake because there first is not a Galaxy S6 with the model number SM-G920 the European unlocked model is the SM-G902F.
it will probably take longer for it to come over to the S6.
But let's not give up jet!

Galaxy S6 comes with model number G920. The back alphabet is to signify which region it belongs to. Anyway a simple build.prop edit is enough to get the model number to show G920.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you stopped working on itß

I stopped working on it while waiting for an S6, yes. Just need to get some free time now to begin working on development again.
    Yes I am working on the S6 but progress is slow due to the new exynos SoC. It 'boots' in the sense that the BOOT_COMPLETED Intent is being handled by the system, but the display is currently non existent.

Also don't have a device of my own; been bumming it from resources when I can but that access is soon to be gone. :/

it can have , as its about cyanogenmod not samsung ! Its pure vanilla !

I know it CAN have. I ask WHY have it, when you end up with 2 pairs of buttons, which somehow doesn't seem very intuitive to me.
    the screenshot is fake i can guarantee that the build date was 11.4.15 that's just one day the launch date of s6 plus the build prop should be 920x it says 920 ,the resolution of screenshot is too low than 2k ,plus the most important if he has made it boot then it should be on xda he can get a looot of donations, and i dont think any dev can achieve this feat in just one day after launch without sources(sources were released much after) plus at that time recovery was also very unstable SO TOTALLY FAKE!!!
    And as far as actual CM12 is concerned we will get official cm12 in 2-3 months and they all will run like butter on 3gb ram hardly 1.9 gb will be used just have patience!!