Cyanogenmod 14.1 Xperia Z5 (E6653)

Search This thread

fergy

Oct 25, 2006
Bjelovar
CM-14.1 for Xperia Z5 (E6553)

Not working well: Back camera will work after first boot so please swap it with front camera. Once when You got it work and change to "selfie" (front) camera, it opening great. Will be fixed soon.
NOT WORKING AT ALL:
FP sensor (FINGERPRINT SENSOR)
FM tuner (CM version)

TIP: Try to put phone on the table and open camera. Be froward about it
Need testing: NFC
Working: Everything else
BUG REPORT: HERE
FEATURE REQUESTS:HERE

All sources are available on github.
Stock Kernel is used for now *without any patches
STOCK KERNEL: GITHUB
OTHER SOURCES: GITHUB
SONYXPERIADEV SOURCES: GITHUB
DOWNLOADS ARE AVAILABLE UNDER DOWNLOADS BUTTON

XDA:DevDB Information
CM14.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5

Contributors
fergy
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: 7.0
Based On: AOSP
ALL CODE IS UNDER GPL AND WILL BE GPL COMPLIANT IN THE FUTURE
Version Information

Created 2016-11-03
Last Updated 2016-11-25

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161103-224920.jpg
    Screenshot_20161103-224920.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 12,708
  • Screenshot_20161103-224938.png
    Screenshot_20161103-224938.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 12,498
  • Screenshot_20161103-224947.png
    Screenshot_20161103-224947.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 12,444
Last edited:

klemen241

Jul 20, 2010
finger print reader wont detect finger when adding a finger
oh and storage in settings is a mess, shows only 306mb free lol

Last edited:

fergy

Oct 25, 2006
Bjelovar
finger print reader wont detect finger when adding a finger
oh and storage in settings is a mess, shows only 306mb free lol

Thank You for testing this.
Well, about storage, I wasn't sure how was You get just 306 mb free as I got in internal shared storage 4.52 Gb used of 29.12 Gb. Also got SanDisk 32Gb corrupted from "who know reason".
For fingerprint reader, I was update first post. It need attention with selinux policy. Will be fixed.

Ashray_Vk

Oct 26, 2012
bangalore
Well, about storage, I wasn't sure how was You get just 306 mb free as I got in internal shared storage 4.52 Gb used of 29.12 Gb. Also got SanDisk 32Gb corrupted from "who know reason".
For fingerprint reader, I was update first post. It need attention with selinux policy. Will be fixed.
Hi!
Greetings
Could you try adding support to z5 premium And it's dual sim twin too please ?
Thanks!
AVK

klemen241

Jul 20, 2010

np. I had to go back to romx because i need the phone tomorrow, so i cant test further for now. WIll test when next update

aerostride

Mar 7, 2016
Prague
Installed, waited approx. 30mins, restarted, waited 30mins again. SIM not detected at all. Provider T-Mobile, usually i have LTE in my current location. Sadly i cannot progress with the setup without the SIM Card. Using the ARM64-7.1-OpenGApps Stock package. (I do want the stock package.)

---------- Post added 4th November 2016 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 3rd November 2016 at 11:48 PM ----------

Im getting error 7. Any advice?
Try grabbing the boot.img from the rom.zip file and using the 3.0.2-x TWRP recovery SPECIFICALLY for the Z5 by zacharias.maladroit.
Flash those two files in fastboot and try again.

Last edited:

klemen241

Jul 20, 2010
Installed, waited approx. 30mins, restarted, waited 30mins again. SIM not detected at all. Provider T-Mobile, usually i have LTE in my current location. Sadly i cannot progress with the setup without the SIM Card. Using the ARM64-7.1-OpenGApps Stock package. (I do want the stock package.)

---------- Post added 4th November 2016 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 3rd November 2016 at 11:48 PM ----------

Try grabbing the boot.img from the rom.zip file and using the 3.0.2-x TWRP recovery SPECIFICALLY for the Z5 by zacharias.maladroit.
Flash those two files in fastboot and try again.

same here, after 30 minutes still no sim detected

aerostride

Mar 7, 2016
Prague
same here, after 30 minutes still no sim detected

Did you get through the initial setup? I get the ''No SIM Card detected'' prompt, then ''Copy data from other device'' (skip), then ''Log-in into your Google account'' and because i use two-factor authentication, i have to send the code to a phone with working SIM. But i can't since it isn't detected. When i click skip, i get thrown back to the ''No SIM Card detected'' prompt.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM-14.1 for Xperia Z5 (E6553)

Not working well: Back camera will work after first boot so please swap it with front camera. Once when You got it work and change to "selfie" (front) camera, it opening great. Will be fixed soon.
    NOT WORKING AT ALL:
    FP sensor (FINGERPRINT SENSOR)
    FM tuner (CM version)

TIP: Try to put phone on the table and open camera. Be froward about it
    Need testing: NFC
    Working: Everything else
    BUG REPORT: HERE
    FEATURE REQUESTS:HERE

All sources are available on github.
    Stock Kernel is used for now *without any patches
    STOCK KERNEL: GITHUB
    OTHER SOURCES: GITHUB
    SONYXPERIADEV SOURCES: GITHUB
    DOWNLOADS ARE AVAILABLE UNDER DOWNLOADS BUTTON

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM14.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5

Contributors
    fergy
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 7.0
    Based On: AOSP
    ALL CODE IS UNDER GPL AND WILL BE GPL COMPLIANT IN THE FUTURE
    Version Information

Created 2016-11-03
    Last Updated 2016-11-25
    Are you to stupid to Unterstand? I have spend Money to Support a Little Bit, Most other people like you only Talk Bull**** Here and Support nothing! And like you See, one developer isn't able to do make this work complete. No ready rom, only one buggy Thing is the perfekt proof for this.

Last time I checked a donation was described as an act of kindness towards the person receiving said donation, right? Being that the case you or anyone "donating" money does not give you the right to any of the following but not limited to: DEMANDING ANYTHING HERE!!

I for one will like to ask you to reconsider your "act of kindness" towards the developer and realize that he rather do without your "donation" rather than deal with this type of attitude.

Please refrain from acting up like this ever again as I may be forced to come back and have anther chat session with you or anyone that decides to act up like this.
    This is just a friendly warning so don't PM me with any complains about how rude I was...

Cheers,

M_T_M
    Senior Moderator
    New version will be probably be out at Sunday, 11.27.
    For all curious M8's, best option is to use fastboot and reflash: boot,recovery,cache,userdata and system images,
    If You don't have experience, please wait until I release OTA.
    Things are not so hard to make but if You are "lazy" I cannot help.... Read all posts. Sorry.
    Due to real job, will be prolongued for some time. Not too long
    hehe He is speaking about cyaonogenMod early team, when pretty many core-developers moved to CyanogenOS OnePlus Company..

In other words, he is telling that CM are commercial, without knowing that CM are open source and still ALIVE thanks to you MR Fergy!

Thanks a lot for your CM14.1

I have been waiting long time for the cm13 official Zumire, But you made may day, Fergy. Sooner after I flashed I will report bugs.

Fergy, The kernel-master! in you I trust, Dear Fergylisious!
    ! :D :)
    Heh. Thx. Testings are done but You are welcome.
    Improved version come out soon
    Jesus!
    Guys, if You don't stop to ask very stupid questions, I will stop with this and delete everything included Myself!
    Please, let Me finish this without "why XXXX **** not work" as I just try to bring it to work for everybody. If You don't want it, sources are available, so be My guest and build it!
    Thank You!!!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone