CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Incredible S :: V7.1.0-RC0 (21 JUN 2011) *slicker'n snot*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Incredible S, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
  7. Recommended Radio: 3805.04.03.22_M
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full ourput.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-IncS-signed.zip
Download update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-IncS-signed.zip
Mirror: update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-IncS-signed.zip
MD5sum: 1813f09f2a1b3b26c557d0ba4fb6fb6c

Recommended Radio:
PG32IMG_vivo_radio_3805.04.03.22_M.zip
MD5sum: dd73eafe12010e19e753ea831653a460​

Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110613
Mirror: link
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

madmaxx82

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2010
www.4ext.net
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

<snip>

You did it! Thank you sooo much for the hard and great work!

madmaxx82

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2010
www.4ext.net
It's a team effort. Kali- worked as hard ad anyone on this, and he and Slayher worked like crazy on the kernel to adapt to cm msm7x30 kernel.

I think it came together pretty nicely.

You solved the lag completely! wow! The UI is still DAMN fast while installing 5 apps in parallel :)

Big congratulations and biggest respect to the whole team :)

DaanJordaan

Jul 13, 2008
You guys are amazing!

Thanks so much, it's a bit late to check out where I can donate.
Could you pass us a link where to donate?
And maybe a list of who made this possible?
It would mean alot!

Thanks again!

Daan

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
If installing from Rom Manger can I just use the "Install Rom From SD Card" option as is? (No changing the name of the zip)

slsSpeC

Jan 25, 2011
Any radio recommendations from those flashing from Bell's stock radio?

Like Mike's Sense ROM, I'm not getting any audio during phone calls.

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
If installing from Rom Manger can I just use the "Install Rom From SD Card" option as is? (No changing the name of the zip)

Learn to install from Clockworkmod recovery directly instead. I think the extra layer of technical complexity Rom Manager offers reduces reliability that can't be offset by any added simplicity.

slsSpeC

Jan 25, 2011
Yes as a matter of fact - I am using this:

md5: dd73eafe12010e19e753ea831653a460 PG32IMG_vivo_radio_3805.04.03.22_M.zip

Probably any of the 3805.xx.xx.xx_x radios will work ok.

Flashed and there's audio now, thanks!

On the lockscreen, before you're able to see the home screen, there's an animation of an oval like tab that slides across the screen. I think the sliding tab is supposed to continue across the screen to make it look somewhat continuous. I don't think I remember seeing that when I had CM7 on my Legend.

It's not a big issue but I thought I'd bring it up.

Rykoshi

Aug 25, 2010

Yea i had the same problem but then i flashed his recommended radio and it fixed that, the stock radio dont work quite well with mike's rom. The only problem i see with mike's radio is that it might be more sensitive, signal wise, it goes from 3 to 4 back to 3 bars often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Incredible S, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    7. Recommended Radio: 3805.04.03.22_M
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full ourput.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-IncS-signed.zip
    Download update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-IncS-signed.zip
    Mirror: update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-IncS-signed.zip
    MD5sum: 1813f09f2a1b3b26c557d0ba4fb6fb6c

Recommended Radio:
    PG32IMG_vivo_radio_3805.04.03.22_M.zip
    MD5sum: dd73eafe12010e19e753ea831653a460​

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110613
    The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    I miss the HTC dialer and Facebook integration, is there any alternative ?

That's like missing hemorrhoids, IMO.
    You did it! Thank you sooo much for the hard and great work!

It's a team effort. Kali- worked as hard ad anyone on this, and he and Slayher worked like crazy on the kernel to adapt to cm msm7x30 kernel.

I think it came together pretty nicely.

Yes as a matter of fact - I am using this:

md5: dd73eafe12010e19e753ea831653a460 PG32IMG_vivo_radio_3805.04.03.22_M.zip

Probably any of the 3805.xx.xx.xx_x radios will work ok.
    Actually, you are talking bullshit. :)
    No I'm not! ;)

attn1 said:
    It installs, backs up, restores fine. Check the mount in CM7 after a restore - it's EXT4, and that was after I did a system format before my restore. That's what matters.

That is a completely wrong assumption, because:

1. ANY ext4 rom, will mount ext3 partitions as "ext4"
    2. ext4 is backwards compatible to ext3, meaning you can mount ext3 partitions ext4
    3. To test that, mount your partition inside recovery..
    4. recovery will mount them ext3, you'll see.
    4. ONLY if mounting your partition -t ext3 fails, it is formatted with extents (ext4)

attn1 said:
    Most of these other recoveries floating around fail flashing cm for whatever reason. If your recovery fails to flash this cm image with a good md5sum, then the recovery is crap, period.

The recovery I linked does what it is supposed to do, and it works with CM7.

Who told you that my recovery doesn't flash CM7?

That's not the case..
    It flashes it perfectly.

The reason why cm7 doesn't flash on some recoveries, is because build.props are all set to incs instead of vivo in other recoveries.. (in official clockworkmod recovery it at least WAS incs last time I checked)
    And you are checking for vivo..

4extrecovery flashes both incs AND vivo..

Boot into recovery and mount your partitions (after you did a restore or wipe or whatever)... you will see it's mounted ext3

Only because cm7's init.vivo.rc mounts all the partitions ext4 doesn't mean that they are formatted ext4 ;)

Edit: this works everytime:

mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system wait ro barrier=1
    mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p26 /data wait noatime nosuid nodev barrier=1 noauto_da_alloc
    mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p27 /cache wait noatime nosuid nodev barrier=1
    mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p28 /devlog wait noatime nosuid nodev barrier=1

And the following will work too, but only after you have used "your" recovery to restore a backup

mount ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system wait ro barrier=1
    mount ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p26 /data wait noatime nosuid nodev barrier=1 noauto_da_alloc
    mount ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p27 /cache wait noatime nosuid nodev barrier=1