CyanogenMod 9 Beta 1: Android 4.0.4 for the Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hakcenter

Mar 11, 2012
I'm up a few weeks trying to remove code to get the camera to output what's really wrong. No go on it yet :(

It's honestly pretty upsetting cause there doesn't seem to be a way to live debug and walk through the code.

Maybe I can get the camera app on my pc and use eclipse to do a debug break line or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM9 Beta 1: Android 4.0.4 for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch
    Team Epic and CM are proud to announce the release of CyanogenMod 9 Beta 1 for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch

CM9 Beta 1 release notes
    CM9 Alpha 6 release notes
    CM9 Alpha 5 release notes
    CM9 Alpha 4 release notes
    CM9 Alpha 3 release notes
    CM9 Alpha 2 release notes
    CM9 Alpha 1 release notes

please read the cm9 status page and the cm9 install guide for details!

For general discussion and support on xda, head over to the general thread
    For those wondering, here are a few answers while I have a quick second..

the experimental builds have been a mess for a few reasons..

1 since i have the phone now im working on a lot of issues.
    2 4g doesnt work because im working on fixing the slow speeds
    3 im working on a new type of storage switching that doesnt switch the mount points... look for it in Advanced settings now instead of storage.
    4 im rewriting large portions of the kernel, in case you happen on a build with no signal, no radio, or just plain doesnt boot.

So with that being said, proceed on the experimentals with caution, i try to label ones that im pretty sure wont work, or arent reasonably sure will work as such..

anyway, back to hacking
    idk why but this is draining battery faster than cm10

sent from my sph-d710 using xda app-developers app
    stuff like this is frustrating to read, even as an observer and not a developer. There's no information in your post to indicate your install process or any other diagnostic details for anyone to help you troubleshoot. What response are you looking for posting something as uninformative as that? If it's instructions on how to properly install this rom, go look on the first page and follow the link to the blog with a ton of useful information.

Sent from my sph-d710 using xda premium

Post of the year!
    Lets all keep in mind that a certain developer WITHOUT A D710 IN HAND decided to take an interest in the cluster#^@% that was Samsung's kernel source, fixed emmc bricking, and made CM9 truly work for our device. To date, he himself has not flashed CM a single time to this device, as his has been in Sprint's warranty claims dept. since forever...Thankfully he found the help of some brave souls that would flash all of his experimental builds to test his nearly daily brews and report their findings.

Even still, it wasn't a single-handed achievement, Team Epic has all put in their work, and it's really amazing what happens when a team of capable people put aside petty differences and actually work together...a quality that seems to have largely evaded this community. This sort of thing doesn't happen without your support.

Everyone should seriously consider thanking the OP post and voting this thread up to newsworthy... and if you feel so inclined, to consider donating to the project for a job well done.

Not just built from source... rewriting source. Samsung, your GPL violations don't go unnoticed.