CyanogenMod 9 - Bug report / Discussion thread / FAQ

Search This thread

hemustbepandu

Feb 5, 2012
Jakarta
yes, it can't be removed.. ._.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

charge until 100% while your phone on, don't unplug, hold power button, reboot into recovery.. then wipe it, after wipe, unplug your charger.. reboot.. hope it will fix..

"the reason charging while on, because power button has no function while charging if phone is off"

how about your battery life?is it good?how many hours you could get with normal usage?
one more thing,is it necessary to drain my battery to 0 after wiping?

The_Nut

Mar 20, 2012
Email app white screen

Hi,

in Alpha 7 I get a blank screen as soon as I try to open an email. Does anyone else have this? Do you guys know a solution?

Greets The_Nut

IvanKurnia

Mar 26, 2012
Jakarta
Hi,

in Alpha 7 I get a blank screen as soon as I try to open an email. Does anyone else have this? Do you guys know a solution?

Greets The_Nut

it has been listed as the major bug.. always see post 1.

do this:
-download xda app from market (it'll be useful to for you)
-open it
-press home button (xda app will running in the background - recommended) (but you can close it too)
-then open facebook or GMail.. check if that work..

hemustbepandu

Feb 5, 2012
Jakarta
6e8a3a89-4437-bf90.jpg

do this:
-open it
-press home button (xda app will running in the background - recommended) (but you can close it too)

dude,after wiping the battery stats sometimes the battery level increases itself when the phone is on idle
is there something wrong?
i followed all your steps

Last edited:

XR-7

Jun 21, 2012
dude,after wiping the battery stats sometimes the battery level increases itself when the phone is on idle
is there something wrong?
i followed all your steps

Likely no. As far as i know, this due to the calculation based on physical battery parameters - e.g. volltage can drop during load intensive period and rise afterwards, so calculation can result in on or two percent more remaining power after some idle time.

Reactions: hemustbepandu

hemustbepandu

Feb 5, 2012
Jakarta
Likely no. As far as i know, this due to the calculation based on physical battery parameters - e.g. volltage can drop during load intensive period and rise afterwards, so calculation can result in on or two percent more remaining power after some idle time.
Okay,so its normal:eek:
Coz i've never experienced this before
Thanks for answering

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345734224676.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345734224676.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

THE-E

Mar 7, 2006
I changed my SIM to "3 ID (Three Indonesia)" before was "Indosat"

every time after I turn on device, I see that is a text that show "Sending..." twice, then I see that the "com.android.phone" has stopped working. as soon as it happens, the SIM disconnect, and the phone is in "No Service" state.. then the Service connects again.. after that, there's no problem again..

this problem just happens on my "3" SIM.. if change it to Indosat not happening like that.. why?? and the SIM sending what? ask for APN? I think not..

Have you tried to flash/use different baseband versions. Which is your current baseband ?

greets

THE-E

toblerone_

Aug 23, 2012
Abouth Battery

Hi everybody,

I am facing with a strange situation.

On screen off position, my wifi consumes 2-3 times more battery than my 2G connection, even 3G too. It seems like phone wake up way more frequently while on wifi. With stock android 2.3.6 versiyon, battery was dropping 10-15% on nights while screen off, wfi on. However, with cm9, I am facing with 40% battery draine on wifi, BUT 10-15% with 2G.

Is there anybody facing with something like that? Or do you have any suggestion abouth it?

2g11

Nov 24, 2011
Accra
@Arco & THE E: Has it been recognised as a bug that the audio lacks bass(irrespective of any equaliser settings) in this build? I've noticed this too but in earlier builds/Stock rom equalizers could give quite good bass

Sent From My Wonder on CyanogenMod 9

kakung

Jul 30, 2012
Malang
hey guys, is anyone ever recognize that the video recording is a little bit laggy? everytime i open the video mode the display is smooth, but when i start to record a video, it creates a laggy video file, and so the display.. at first i tought that my sdcard is the problem, but when i try recording with my sd card in another phone (with same spec 720p, and even with a lower processor, 1GHz), it record very smoothly. my sd card is a trnscnd 16GB class10. any suggestion? :)

sory for my bad english (':

toblerone_

Aug 23, 2012
hey guys, is anyone ever recognize that the video recording is a little bit laggy? everytime i open the video mode the display is smooth, but when i start to record a video, it creates a laggy video file, and so the display.. at first i tought that my sdcard is the problem, but when i try recording with my sd card in another phone (with same spec 720p, and even with a lower processor, 1GHz), it record very smoothly. my sd card is a trnscnd 16GB class10. any suggestion? :)

sory for my bad english (':

I have little lag on 720p, but smooth on 480p. I am not using sdcard, recording in phone memory.

The_Nut

Mar 20, 2012

do this:
-open it

Thanx, mate! But tell me, why the **** is it working? O_O; I dun get it...

THE-E

Mar 7, 2006
@Arco & THE E: Has it been recognised as a bug that the audio lacks bass(irrespective of any equaliser settings) in this build? I've noticed this too but in earlier builds/Stock rom equalizers could give quite good bass

I listed it as DSP Manager bug, in the first post. If this isn't correct please correct me.

greets

THE-E

2g11

Nov 24, 2011
Accra
I listed it as DSP Manager bug, in the first post. If this isn't correct please correct me.

greets

THE-E

Ok does this mean the sound quality(bass in this case) if perfect without dsp/other enhancement? The bass sounds rather 'light' compared to stock/earlier alpha builds or am I the only experiencing this?

hikmatesa

Aug 24, 2012
I finally succeed flashing cm9 to my wonder (yay:laugh:), but my question is, am i the only one that faces a bit sluggish with cm9? majority of those who flashed it says super smooth etc. or are there some steps that i missed?:confused:

cwm -> wipe data & cache -> flash cm9 & gapps -> reboot.

thanks a lot in advance.:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in7kew.jpg

Bug report / Discussion thread / FAQ

Latest CyanogenMod 9 and Developer Thread

Bugs: (UPDATED UP TO PAGE 212) STATUS

Major issues:
    - White Bug: While scrolling the mail turns to a white screen (Facebook, GMail) [1][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] (Beta 4) - useful conclusion
    - Bluetooth: autoconnect does not work properly [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] (Beta 4)
    - Ringtones: not repeating [1] [2] (Beta 4)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    - WiFi: autoconnect does not work [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] (Beta 3) - possible fix
    - Camera/Videocamera: crashes with video effect(smile, big eye) [1] [2] [3] [4] (Beta 3)
    - phone app: calls often disconnect / phone sometimes reboots while in call [1] [2] [3] [4] (Beta 3)

Single issues: (These need to be confirmed)
    - SMS-Notifications: stopped working [1](Beta 4)
    - Bluetooth: Bluetooth Device Settings do not work correctly [1] (Beta 4)
    - System: If Hotspot is switched on, system gets instable [1] (Beta 4)
    - Mobile Network: not connecting to 3G networks [1] (Beta 4)
    - Ringtones: is not being played repeatedly [1] [2](Beta 3)
    - System: phone turns off by itself, eating the battery change in the process [1] (Beta 3)
    - System: Phone shuts down itself [1](Beta 3)
    - System: SMS messaging [1](Beta 3)
    - System: phone reboots randomly [1](Beta 3)
    - System: statusbar does not show up [1](Beta 3)
    - Bluetooth: Phones Reboot after turning on the Bluetooth [1] [2] (Beta 3)
    - Camera: Photo taken from camera IN PORTRAIT MODE [1](Beta 3)
    - Phone-App: Calls often disconnect [1](Beta 3)
    - Camera: Camera colours' distorted [1](Beta 3)

App issues:
    Waze: lag and freeze when navigating [1] (Beta 4)
    - Play Store: sometimes can't install app [1] [2] (Beta 3)
    - Waze: screen still auto lock even though prevent auto lock is checked in Waze [1] (Beta 3)
    - Viber: audio is on loudspeaker [1] [2] [3](Beta 3)
    - Tango: force close at call [1] (Beta 3)
    - RunKeeper: hen save activity, RunKeeper crashes and closed [1] [2](Beta 3)
    - VPNC Widget: VPN connection lost [1] (Beta 3)
    - AnTuTu Benchmark: 2D/3D Benchmark [1] (Beta 3)
    - Alarm-App: does not ring [1] (Beta 3)
    - WhatsApp: The Vibration does not work [1] (Beta 3)

Game issues:
    Angry Birds Star Wars: crashes after few minutes [1] (Beta 4)
    - GTA 3: freezes [1] [2] (Beta 3)

@everybody who reported bugs for previous versions:
    Would you please test the problem and report whether it has changed in latest version or not ?

Working/Non-Working Status

If you have any suggestions, bugs, corrections, please let me know.
    How to post a bug:

How to post a bug:

Please copy the following code in your post and fill in the information:

HTML:
    [B]Version:[/B] CM9 - Beta 3
    [B]App/Game/Subject:[/B] WRITE HERE APPNAME
    [B]Bugtitle:[/B] WRITE HERE BUGTITLE
    [B]Description:[/B] WRITE HERE DESCRIPTION

Explanation:

Version: If your current ROM differs from the latest version, please update to the latest one, in order to report a bug.

App/Game/Subject: e.g. Gallery, Facebook, Camera, Battery, System, GTA 3 etc.

Bugtitle: Describe the bug in a few words

Description: Describe the bug in detail, so the developer or user does not need to ask for further information.

You can post as many bugs in one post you like, but please list them all seperated and not all in one!

Example:
    Version: CM9 - Beta 3
    App: Facebook
    Bugtitle: White screen after start
    Description: When I start the Facebook app, the screen where the posts should be listed turns white. Only while scrolling the posts appear.
    APN and pin lock issue is fixed for next build, both CM9 and CM10.
    However, it works for me on RC2 (although the AP is very old — ASUS WL-500g Deluxe, Broadcom chipset, 802.11g, using WPA2-PSK). But I set it up on alpha4 and did not perform any wipes since then.

Strange, cause nothing has been changed regarding wifi between RC2 and RC3.

cm9 RC3 can't record video using front camera..am i the only one?

Confirmed. Was caused by frame rate fix for back camera. I fixed it for front camera now, and compiled a new camera.msm7x30.so
    Push it to system/lib/hw and reboot.

Preview and recording should be a lot smoother now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mua8u68ul7ra7a
    FAQ:

How can I update this ROM?
    Unless exceptions aren't mentioned, you simply have to flash the latest ZIP-file of the ROM using CWM. You files should stay untouched, but still it is always recommended to make a backup.

Does it support my language?
    CyanogenMod (9) is multilingual, so it supports all common language in the world.

How can I update my basebandversion?
    a) You can flash the Baseband from here.
    or
    b) Make a Nandroid backup of your current CM9 -> wipe everything -> Flash the latest stock ROM from your region via ODIN ->
    flash ClockWorkMod -> wipe everything -> flash CM9 -> restore data.

What is CWM ?
    CWM stands for ClockWorkMod. It is a custom Recovery which enables complete backups (Nandroid backup) and complete restores.
    (HowTo install)

What are GApps?
    GApps stands for GoogleApps. Google Apps = Google Play Store, Google Calender ...
    Due to copyright, CyanogenMod is not allowed to implement GoogleApps directly in their ROMs, that is why you have to install it manually.

How do I install or update Google Mail?
    Due to copyright, CyanogenMod is not allowed to implement Google Mail directly in their ROMs, that is why you have to install/update it manually:
    Follow this link on your device and open it with the Google Play Store: click here

Where do I find the external SD on CM9 ?
    The directory has changed (The following are the directories before swapping):
    external(physical) SD card: /external_sd/ or /mnt/external_sd/
    internal SD card: /sdcard/ or /mnt/sdcard/

How do I swap the internal and external SD on CM9 ?
    Settings -> Storage->Menu-Button->Storage configuration (a restart might be necessary)

How do I activate MTP on CM9 ?
    Settings ->Storage->Menu-Button->USB connection->mark MTP

How do I enable brightness control for the notification bar?
    Settings -> System ->Status bar ->Activate brightness control
    Now you can use the notification bar to control the brightness.(wipe on it left and right)
    Source

My phone restarts randomly after update?
    Note: All your Data will stay untouched (Backup/Restore)
    1.Open ClockWorkMod->backup and restore->backup to externl sdcard
    2.wipe data/factory reset
    3.wipe cache partition(not sure if needed)
    4.install zip from sdcard->choose the latest CM9 version
    5.advanced restore from external sdcard->choose backup->Restore data
    6.reboot

The battery of my device drains rapidly fast, what can I do?
    After flashing a new ROM you will have to do several(5+) charging cycle in order to get a calibrated battery.
    There are also battery calibration apps, such as Battery Calibration which help you with the battery calibration. Long story short: Be patient.

My Data connections / Adding APNs doesn't work, what can I do?
    It is a known bug in (Alpha 1). Flash this zip to solve this bug.

What is a funny SIM card ?
    A funny SIM card, is a SIM card which provides GSM connection, but does not let you enable data connection, because APNs can't be added.(only on CyanogenMod)Flash this zip to solve this bug.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone