e.1.3) Install CM9 beta 1
e.1.4) Install Gapps.zip
e.1.5) Reboot = Success
F) Download DXLMB Baseband by THE-E
f.1) Install DXLMB via Odin = Success
G) Download JB-Adreno.lib
g.1) Install JB - Adreno.lib via CWM, Wipe Cache/Wipe Dalvik/Reboot = Success
H) Download AE-CM 4.3 Script
h.1) Install AE-CM 4.3 via CWM, Wipe Cache/Wipe Dalvik/Wipe Battere stat/Fix Permission = Success
I) Download forfolivo Kernel V3.2ghz.Stock
I.1) Install V3 kernel via CWM, Wipe Cache/Wipe Dalvik/Wipe battere/Fix Permission =Success

After doin' all things step Above, i think my CM9 already quite fine. Now been runing 5 batere cycle = 5day. But even with those above i still can't get hsdp conection. I already contact my provider and tell the issue they did do a full check and the result = nothing wrong with the network the problem is on your device!? Now after i hear those words i'm certain it's a problem from the ROM or setting which is haven't be applied. Any suggestion guys?

Do you still have your previous rom? If yes, extract thr baseband from it and flash with odin, some operators require a specific baseband in order to work correctly.

It happened to me once.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: dhewaghost

harristgp

Mar 21, 2012
Hi guys, got some problem here, Could someone be kindly to help solve this:
Hsdpa seem not quite working, i guess is a bug. Here the detail:

A) Galaxy Wonder (Indonesia)
a.1) gingger bread 2.3.6
a.2) DXLM3 baseband
a.3) HSDPA works like a charm - tottaly smooth

Then i flash to CM9 beta 1 with the following steps:
B) Download Odin+ancora.ops
C) Download latest CWM
c.1) Install CWM via Odin = Success
D) Download CM9 beta 1 + Gapps.zip
E) Install CM9 beta 1 via CWM
e.1) Recovery mode CWM
e.1.1) Wipe cache
e.1.2) Wipe dalvik Cache
e.1.3) Install CM9 beta 1
e.1.4) Install Gapps.zip
e.1.5) Reboot = Success
F) Download DXLMB Baseband by THE-E
f.1) Install DXLMB via Odin = Success
G) Download JB-Adreno.lib
g.1) Install JB - Adreno.lib via CWM, Wipe Cache/Wipe Dalvik/Reboot = Success
H) Download AE-CM 4.3 Script
h.1) Install AE-CM 4.3 via CWM, Wipe Cache/Wipe Dalvik/Wipe Battere stat/Fix Permission = Success
I) Download forfolivo Kernel V3.2ghz.Stock
I.1) Install V3 kernel via CWM, Wipe Cache/Wipe Dalvik/Wipe battere/Fix Permission =Success

After doin' all things step Above, i think my CM9 already quite fine. Now been runing 5 batere cycle = 5day. But even with those above i still can't get hsdp conection. I already contact my provider and tell the issue they did do a full check and the result = nothing wrong with the network the problem is on your device!? Now after i hear those words i'm certain it's a problem from the ROM or setting which is haven't be applied. Any suggestion guys?
same thing happened to me. my mobile internet can only connect to 2g and 3g. i also notice that whenever i enable the 3g feature, my signal get weaker or sometimes no signal at all.

reddvilzz

May 29, 2012
Jakarta
I'm Sorry it's not it. I'm on 3G network all the time sadly. The problem is our phone capable running on 3.5G Which is HSDPA. And that's what i'm asking. Why we can't run on 3.5G aka HSDPA or W-CDMA?

Maybe the problem is from the baseband. You could try to flash the latest baseband that is from your country which is DXLM3. Because sometimes baseband affecting the connection of your device considering where you live. My baseband is DXLM3 and I live in indonesia to. But I can get a HSDPA connection.

Hope it helps bro.

same thing happened to me. my mobile internet can only connect to 2g and 3g. i also notice that whenever i enable the 3g feature, my signal get weaker or sometimes no signal at all.

Try flashing the latest baseband that come for your country. If the problem still there maybe it comes from the operator side. Because I've been using cm9 beta 1 biohazard version since it first released and I still can get hsdpa even 3g in a full signal. Or sometimes it depends on where you live that makes the 3g got a weak signal.

Hope it helps :)

Sent From My BioWonder V4

Last edited:

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
I don know if this is a bug? even my phonesceen was lock i can still drop down and open my notification bar? :rolleyes:

I get the same thing....being able to access the notification screen without unlocking my phone.....I don't think it's a bug.....if anything it's kinda handy being able to do that.....

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

reddvilzz

May 29, 2012
Jakarta
I don know if this is a bug? even my phonesceen was lock i can still drop down and open my notification bar? :rolleyes:

I get the same thing....being able to access the notification screen without unlocking my phone.....I don't think it's a bug.....if anything it's kinda handy being able to do that.....

It's an ICS feature. If you want the notification bar to be lock in lockscreen you can try and use pattern lockscreen.

azhiekurosaki

Apr 7, 2012
limboto
It's an ICS feature. If you want the notification bar to be lock in lockscreen you can try and use pattern lockscreen.

Yes, also if you don't like using pattern like me, try to use the third app locker like HOLO LOCKER and now you can lock the status bar even you don't use any pin or pattern.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

iDelta

Jul 28, 2012
Singapore
Originally Posted by dhewaghost Hi guys, got some problem here, Could someone be kindly to help solve this: Hsdpa seem not quite working, i guess is a bug. Here the detail:

A) Galaxy Wonder (Indonesia) a.1) gingger bread 2.3.6 a.2) DXLM3 baseband a.3) HSDPA works like a charm - tottaly smooth

Then i flash to CM9 beta 1 with the following steps: B) Download Odin+ancora.ops C) Download latest CWM c.1) Install CWM via Odin = Success D) Download CM9 beta 1 + Gapps.zip E) Install CM9 beta 1 via CWM e.1) Recovery mode CWM e.1.1) Wipe cache e.1.2) Wipe dalvik Cache e.1.3) Install CM9 beta 1 e.1.4) Install Gapps.zip e.1.5) Reboot = Success F) Download DXLMB Baseband by THE-E f.1) Install DXLMB via Odin = Success G) Download JB-Adreno.lib g.1) Install JB - Adreno.lib via CWM, Wipe Cache/Wipe Dalvik/Reboot = Success H) Download AE-CM 4.3 Script h.1) Install AE-CM 4.3 via CWM, Wipe Cache/Wipe Dalvik/Wipe Battere stat/Fix Permission = Success I) Download forfolivo Kernel V3.2ghz.Stock I.1) Install V3 kernel via CWM, Wipe Cache/Wipe Dalvik/Wipe battere/Fix Permission =Success

I'm Sorry it's not it. I'm on 3G network all the time sadly. The problem is our phone capable running on 3.5G Which is HSDPA. And that's what i'm asking. Why we can't run on 3.5G aka HSDPA or W-CDMA? What or where the problem and how to fix it

F.1, G.1 etc are just an alphabet - numerical method i use to point out Main n Sub point of the things; F = Main Point, f.1 = Sub point.
All those i Wrote r just a tweak to maximize our phone. Try browse it bro. Its nice stuff build by our genius xda ppl.

Did you wipe data upon flashing cm9?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy W (GT-I8150) with CM9 Beta 1

zayustman

Jul 29, 2012
Bekasi
Viber call received sound on speaker.. cannot use head sound or headset.. any suggestion how to fix this??:(

I am aware this is general issue cause by custom rom, at least can we fixed this.. waiting for new version of viber and next build pn cm9 hope can find the problem..:thumbup::D
GT-I8150 CM 9 ALPHA 8

Last edited:

harristgp

Mar 21, 2012
Maybe the problem is from the baseband. You could try to flash the latest baseband that is from your country which is DXLM3. Because sometimes baseband affecting the connection of your device considering where you live. My baseband is DXLM3 and I live in indonesia to. But I can get a HSDPA connection.

Hope it helps bro.

Try flashing the latest baseband that come for your country. If the problem still there maybe it comes from the operator side. Because I've been using cm9 beta 1 biohazard version since it first released and I still can get hsdpa even 3g in a full signal. Or sometimes it depends on where you live that makes the 3g got a weak signal.

Hope it helps :)

Did not worked either, i still get a weak signal when i set the 3g mode even though mobile internet is disabled.

S

scus

[BUG] Internal SD card is formatted instead of external SD card

(...)
how to reproduce:
get an "damaged" microSD (e.g. use linux to delete the partition from it and then insert it to your phone)
phone will tell you that sdcard is "damaged" and will ask you to format it... confirm it and voila: your INTERNAL sdcard is formated ^_^
but external sd is not even touched... it's not even tried to create the partition...
(...)

I'd like to confirm this bug. Although I did not 'damaged' my SD card intentionally. I just took it out of the phone prior to flashing CM9 beta1 from stock rom and inserted it afterwards. I have no access to the SD card (no microSD -> SD adapter) at the moment so I can not say if the external SD is being touched.

I don't know, if these information are necessary:
Phone: Samsung GT-I8150
Carrier: blau.de (german carrier, uses E-Plus network)
Firmware: CM9 beta1

Last edited:

hundred_miles_high

Jan 25, 2012
Have been running Beta 1 for best part of a week now. absolutely love it! :good: :good: :good:

However, I also have experienced the following bugs (a reflash sorted my previously mentioned Google account sync and thumbdata (hopefully) issues ):

Phone not waking up: soft keys light up but screen stays dark - a long press on the power button once or twice brings up the power menu so I've just been hitting reboot to sort it.

Using MTP unable to copy from or write to SD, but can browse files okay - have just stuck to mass storage mode (is there a way to choose which memory is mounted in mass storage mode as mounting the phones internal storage occasionally freaks a couple of my widgets out :) )

No sound when connecting charger - I am using a utility from Play store called Haptic Plug (free) which allows you to set the phone to vibrate and/or make a sound when plugged in or unplugged (i've used this app since day one of owning a droid as it was a feature I missed from some of my Nokias)
Haptic Plug link (for some reason doesn't always show up in Play store search) : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scrollwidgets.plug

Last edited:

haziqfikri

Jun 10, 2012
Auto correct can't be turn off since alpha 4. Im using alpha 8 now. Does beta user have the same problem as me? Please help

Dhada

Jul 14, 2012
Philippines
www.facebook.com

Yes, also if you don't like using pattern like me, try to use the third app locker like HOLO LOCKER and now you can lock the status bar even you don't use any pin or pattern.

i thought this was a bug and i did not know that tnx guys.

MiguelPT

Jul 3, 2012
Lisbon
Windguru app, black bar bug.

screenshot2012092816291.png

jakelq

May 26, 2012
Auto correct can't be turn off since alpha 4. Im using alpha 8 now. Does beta user have the same problem as me? Please help

Did you mean auto correct in sms, if so, try setting>language and input>android keyboard settings>auto correction>off

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in7kew.jpg

Bug report / Discussion thread / FAQ

Latest CyanogenMod 9 and Developer Thread

Bugs: (UPDATED UP TO PAGE 212) STATUS

Major issues:
    - White Bug: While scrolling the mail turns to a white screen (Facebook, GMail) [1][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] (Beta 4) - useful conclusion
    - Bluetooth: autoconnect does not work properly [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] (Beta 4)
    - Ringtones: not repeating [1] [2] (Beta 4)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    - WiFi: autoconnect does not work [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] (Beta 3) - possible fix
    - Camera/Videocamera: crashes with video effect(smile, big eye) [1] [2] [3] [4] (Beta 3)
    - phone app: calls often disconnect / phone sometimes reboots while in call [1] [2] [3] [4] (Beta 3)

Single issues: (These need to be confirmed)
    - SMS-Notifications: stopped working [1](Beta 4)
    - Bluetooth: Bluetooth Device Settings do not work correctly [1] (Beta 4)
    - System: If Hotspot is switched on, system gets instable [1] (Beta 4)
    - Mobile Network: not connecting to 3G networks [1] (Beta 4)
    - Ringtones: is not being played repeatedly [1] [2](Beta 3)
    - System: phone turns off by itself, eating the battery change in the process [1] (Beta 3)
    - System: Phone shuts down itself [1](Beta 3)
    - System: SMS messaging [1](Beta 3)
    - System: phone reboots randomly [1](Beta 3)
    - System: statusbar does not show up [1](Beta 3)
    - Bluetooth: Phones Reboot after turning on the Bluetooth [1] [2] (Beta 3)
    - Camera: Photo taken from camera IN PORTRAIT MODE [1](Beta 3)
    - Phone-App: Calls often disconnect [1](Beta 3)
    - Camera: Camera colours' distorted [1](Beta 3)

App issues:
    Waze: lag and freeze when navigating [1] (Beta 4)
    - Play Store: sometimes can't install app [1] [2] (Beta 3)
    - Waze: screen still auto lock even though prevent auto lock is checked in Waze [1] (Beta 3)
    - Viber: audio is on loudspeaker [1] [2] [3](Beta 3)
    - Tango: force close at call [1] (Beta 3)
    - RunKeeper: hen save activity, RunKeeper crashes and closed [1] [2](Beta 3)
    - VPNC Widget: VPN connection lost [1] (Beta 3)
    - AnTuTu Benchmark: 2D/3D Benchmark [1] (Beta 3)
    - Alarm-App: does not ring [1] (Beta 3)
    - WhatsApp: The Vibration does not work [1] (Beta 3)

Game issues:
    Angry Birds Star Wars: crashes after few minutes [1] (Beta 4)
    - GTA 3: freezes [1] [2] (Beta 3)

@everybody who reported bugs for previous versions:
    Would you please test the problem and report whether it has changed in latest version or not ?

Working/Non-Working Status

If you have any suggestions, bugs, corrections, please let me know.
    How to post a bug:

How to post a bug:

Please copy the following code in your post and fill in the information:

HTML:
    [B]Version:[/B] CM9 - Beta 3
    [B]App/Game/Subject:[/B] WRITE HERE APPNAME
    [B]Bugtitle:[/B] WRITE HERE BUGTITLE
    [B]Description:[/B] WRITE HERE DESCRIPTION

Explanation:

Version: If your current ROM differs from the latest version, please update to the latest one, in order to report a bug.

App/Game/Subject: e.g. Gallery, Facebook, Camera, Battery, System, GTA 3 etc.

Bugtitle: Describe the bug in a few words

Description: Describe the bug in detail, so the developer or user does not need to ask for further information.

You can post as many bugs in one post you like, but please list them all seperated and not all in one!

Example:
    Version: CM9 - Beta 3
    App: Facebook
    Bugtitle: White screen after start
    Description: When I start the Facebook app, the screen where the posts should be listed turns white. Only while scrolling the posts appear.
    APN and pin lock issue is fixed for next build, both CM9 and CM10.
    However, it works for me on RC2 (although the AP is very old — ASUS WL-500g Deluxe, Broadcom chipset, 802.11g, using WPA2-PSK). But I set it up on alpha4 and did not perform any wipes since then.

Strange, cause nothing has been changed regarding wifi between RC2 and RC3.

cm9 RC3 can't record video using front camera..am i the only one?

Confirmed. Was caused by frame rate fix for back camera. I fixed it for front camera now, and compiled a new camera.msm7x30.so
    Push it to system/lib/hw and reboot.

Preview and recording should be a lot smoother now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mua8u68ul7ra7a
    FAQ:

How can I update this ROM?
    Unless exceptions aren't mentioned, you simply have to flash the latest ZIP-file of the ROM using CWM. You files should stay untouched, but still it is always recommended to make a backup.

Does it support my language?
    CyanogenMod (9) is multilingual, so it supports all common language in the world.

How can I update my basebandversion?
    a) You can flash the Baseband from here.
    or
    b) Make a Nandroid backup of your current CM9 -> wipe everything -> Flash the latest stock ROM from your region via ODIN ->
    flash ClockWorkMod -> wipe everything -> flash CM9 -> restore data.

What is CWM ?
    CWM stands for ClockWorkMod. It is a custom Recovery which enables complete backups (Nandroid backup) and complete restores.
    (HowTo install)

What are GApps?
    GApps stands for GoogleApps. Google Apps = Google Play Store, Google Calender ...
    Due to copyright, CyanogenMod is not allowed to implement GoogleApps directly in their ROMs, that is why you have to install it manually.

How do I install or update Google Mail?
    Due to copyright, CyanogenMod is not allowed to implement Google Mail directly in their ROMs, that is why you have to install/update it manually:
    Follow this link on your device and open it with the Google Play Store: click here

Where do I find the external SD on CM9 ?
    The directory has changed (The following are the directories before swapping):
    external(physical) SD card: /external_sd/ or /mnt/external_sd/
    internal SD card: /sdcard/ or /mnt/sdcard/

How do I swap the internal and external SD on CM9 ?
    Settings -> Storage->Menu-Button->Storage configuration (a restart might be necessary)

How do I activate MTP on CM9 ?
    Settings ->Storage->Menu-Button->USB connection->mark MTP

How do I enable brightness control for the notification bar?
    Settings -> System ->Status bar ->Activate brightness control
    Now you can use the notification bar to control the brightness.(wipe on it left and right)
    Source

My phone restarts randomly after update?
    Note: All your Data will stay untouched (Backup/Restore)
    1.Open ClockWorkMod->backup and restore->backup to externl sdcard
    2.wipe data/factory reset
    3.wipe cache partition(not sure if needed)
    4.install zip from sdcard->choose the latest CM9 version
    5.advanced restore from external sdcard->choose backup->Restore data
    6.reboot

The battery of my device drains rapidly fast, what can I do?
    After flashing a new ROM you will have to do several(5+) charging cycle in order to get a calibrated battery.
    There are also battery calibration apps, such as Battery Calibration which help you with the battery calibration. Long story short: Be patient.

My Data connections / Adding APNs doesn't work, what can I do?
    It is a known bug in (Alpha 1). Flash this zip to solve this bug.

What is a funny SIM card ?
    A funny SIM card, is a SIM card which provides GSM connection, but does not let you enable data connection, because APNs can't be added.(only on CyanogenMod)Flash this zip to solve this bug.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone