CyanogenMod Build Error

Search This thread

kanecharles92

Oct 24, 2011
Hi,

I'm new to ROM building and have followed the "Build for i9305" thread on the CM wiki.

I'm attempting to compile a build from the latest source, the terminal prints out several errors and warnings as it goes, then states that I should recompile with -xlint

Can somebody please help me out?

Here is a link to a paste of my terminal output while building CM 10.1 latest nightly source --> http://pastebin.com/q1Zkbpxe

Thanks,
Kane.

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
Hi,

I'm new to ROM building and have followed the "Build for i9305" thread on the CM wiki.

I'm attempting to compile a build from the latest source, the terminal prints out several errors and warnings as it goes, then states that I should recompile with -xlint

Can somebody please help me out?

Here is a link to a paste of my terminal output while building CM 10.1 latest nightly source --> http://pastebin.com/q1Zkbpxe

Thanks,
Kane.

Are you building in a vm? Or does your system have low ram?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk 2

kanecharles92

Oct 24, 2011
It is what I was guessing then. Your vm is running out of ram. I was getting this sometimes, too. You should try with at least 4 gb

I think the issue might have been not enough hard drive space, I ended up creating a new VM with 100GB hard drive space and it worked first time with 2gb RAM. The RAM might have been an issue but I don't believe it was.

DerTeufel1980

Jul 31, 2011
I think the issue might have been not enough hard drive space, I ended up creating a new VM with 100GB hard drive space and it worked first time with 2gb RAM. The RAM might have been an issue but I don't believe it was.

It is the ram. Sometimes it works... Just try it.
Harddisk message would be different

M

marcellocord

I think it's not the RAM, in the 4.1.2 era, I did compile on a Core2Duo 2.93GHz+2GB DDR2 RAM. Yep, several times. Don't know about now, but I advise to compile in a ubuntu machine. ubuntu may not be the best linux distrubution, but in my opinion, it's the safest one to compile CM, even though it may also be slower when compiling. Oh, also try x64, much better than x86.

DerTeufel1980

Jul 31, 2011
I think it's not the RAM, in the 4.1.2 era, I did compile on a Core2Duo 2.93GHz+2GB DDR2 RAM. Yep, several times. Don't know about now, but I advise to compile in a ubuntu machine. ubuntu may not be the best linux distrubution, but in my opinion, it's the safest one to compile CM, even though it may also be slower when compiling. Oh, also try x64, much better than x86.

Me too, but 4.2.2 is not 4.1.2

M

marcellocord

Me too, but 4.2.2 is not 4.1.2

Well, in that case, it could really be the RAM, but the best thing to do, is to ask for help at the CM10.1's dev thread. I no longer compile CM builds, got my S3 in September, but I wasn't satisfied at all with CM10. I love CM, but not in the S3.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone