Cyanogenmod for mediatek devices

Search This thread

Typhus_

Yep!

Nailed it!

That error and a bluetooth error that I had afterwards:

Code:
packages/apps/Bluetooth/src/com/android/bluetooth/avrcp/Avrcp.java:659: error: cannot find symbol
            RemoteController.OnClientAvrcpUpdateListener {
                            ^
  symbol:   class OnClientAvrcpUpdateListener

packages/apps/Bluetooth/src/com/android/bluetooth/avrcp/Avrcp.java:379: error: no suitable constructor found for RemoteController(Context,RemoteControllerWeak,<null>,AvrcpRemoteControllerWeak)
        mRemoteController = new RemoteController(mContext, mRemoteControllerCb,
                            ^
    constructor RemoteController.RemoteController(Context,OnClientUpdateListener,Looper) is not applicable
      (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)
    constructor RemoteController.RemoteController(Context,OnClientUpdateListener) is not applicable
      (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)

packages/apps/Bluetooth/src/com/android/bluetooth/avrcp/Avrcp.java:604: error: RemoteControllerWeak is not abstract and does not override abstract method onClientPlayItemResponse(boolean) in OnClientUpdateListener
    private static class RemoteControllerWeak implements RemoteController.OnClientUpdateListener {
                   ^

packages/apps/Bluetooth/src/com/android/bluetooth/avrcp/Avrcp.java:666: error: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
        @Override
        ^
packages/apps/Bluetooth/src/com/android/bluetooth/avrcp/Avrcp.java:702: error: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
        @Override
        ^
packages/apps/Bluetooth/src/com/android/bluetooth/avrcp/Avrcp.java:712: error: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
        @Override
        ^
packages/apps/Bluetooth/src/com/android/bluetooth/avrcp/Avrcp.java:721: error: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
        @Override
        ^

Result:

Code:
Package Complete: /home/tifo_el/android/system/out/target/product/Aquaris_E5_FHD/cm-12.1-20160507-UNOFFICIAL-Aquaris_E5_FHD.zip
make: Leaving directory `/home/tifo_el/android/system'
#### make completed successfully (01:35:41 (hh:mm:ss)) ####

Check the build time...

God bless Google.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: vampirefo

Rohan Taneja

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 22, 2013
Hello everybody!
I'm new trying to compile roms from source, and I don't know a lot of this theme, but I would like to start with development for mtk6582 with kernel kitkat. I sayed before that I'm a noob because I never compiled a ROM from source. There is my question.
For compile a custom rom from source you need the device tree, vendor tree and kernel. Rohan Taneja (XDA developer) have the device tree and vendor tree for cm13 (mtk6582 with kernel kitkat).But he doesn't have the kernel source! I can use the Linux kernel source of my device (BQ Aquaris E4.5) ?
Vendor tree (Rohan Taneja): https://github.com/rohantaneja/android_vendor_mediatek_mt6582/tree/cm-13.0
Device tree (Rohan Taneja): https://github.com/rohantaneja/android_device_mediatek_mt6582
Linux Kernel source for my device: https://github.com/bq/aquaris-E4.5

PS: I'm a nobb, that I sayed before, I've I sayed one thing pointless, please don' t laugh me :)
Cheers and Thanks in advance
I am using codes merged from both ferhung's & fire855's code. So you might be able to build easily over it.

And also Kernel Sources are not required certainly due to selinux hacks we are able to make CM-13.0 support on Prebuilt 3.4.x kernel.

In case of vendor fork and merge blobs from stock Kitkat (mainly firmware and few device specific libs -> Mali, audioprimary.default, cameracustom, camdrv, camalgo)

#JustAStartUp :)

Reactions: waseemmayaa

Rockneeraj

Feb 29, 2016
CM13.0 Give me link for Kernel 3.10.54

I am using kernel 3.4.67 for
plz Give Me link CM13.0 For MT6582 kernel 3.10.54
plz sir Help me

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Sorry for the noobish question but what do you mean about "branching issues"?

I've spent the last week making all changes on my cloned repos. What kind of issues should I have noticed?

I'm trying to build CM12.1 just for testing purposes and to familiarize myself with this.

My goal is CM13 but that will have to wait, for now.

Anyway, could you look into my giuthub and see what could be wrong?

CM12.1 branch, of course.

Probably go with cm12.1, really cm13 is a bit messy

I meant, you should have all the source mainstreamed to the same incremental TAG.

If you cloned something, you should upstream all recent merges, since your repo HEAD is behind all the rest ...
Also like said, check to see if your default branch is the correct on all cloned repos i.e:
cm12.a branch on frameworks_base , and cm13.0 branch on any other repo ..

@Typhus_ I think you only have to sync your source and also update the repos which you cloned from my github. They don't contain the newest cm changes.

Gesendet von einem unbekannten Teufelsgerät

^^ This

cheers

JBCDev

Feb 22, 2015
I am using codes merged from both ferhung's & fire855's code. So you might be able to build easily over it.

And also Kernel Sources are not required certainly due to selinux hacks we are able to make CM-13.0 support on Prebuilt 3.4.x kernel.

In case of vendor fork and merge blobs from stock Kitkat (mainly firmware and few device specific libs -> Mali, audioprimary.default, cameracustom, camdrv, camalgo)

#JustAStartUp :)

Exactly, which SELinux hacks did you made ?

BlueFlame4

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Dresden, Germany
Hello!

I've already added BLOCK_BASED_OTA := false in order to make a build in the "old" ext4 format.

Wasn't this supposed to be enough to make a build like that?

Or, do I need to remove the "--block /" line on core/Makefile under android_build?

It is false by default so that line is useless anyways ;) "lunch *your device*" and "mka bacon" should do the trick. What is your output?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, We are going to try something new for our china phones - cyanogenmod.

But we need some more devs to get everything going.

For now we have:

-Github tree for Lenovo P700i(mediatek 6577, android 4.0.4, kernel 3.0.8)

-Lens_flare - original port author(may work with system folder and configs)

-some kernel source from other devices like liquid gallant

The main problem is getting adb to work that could help a lot on remaining development. For now even zygote not starting, but all partitions seems mounted successfully.

We need more devs (especially that could assemble working kernel for device), working with p700i may lead to following porting for other mtk devices, as sources are nearly the same.
    Lollipop on MT6577

Hi there .

Just to let you know, that lollipop is now booting on ZTE v970 [MT6577- w/ ComBo-Chip MT6620]
    With my custom 3.4.67 KK Kernel + some cherry-picks from the new MTK 3.10.54 LL Kernel

Still very early, baseband is recognized , but still needs a lot more work on Telephony, Platform, etc.

;)

Regards
    More progress on this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467400

I have 3G data and incoming voice calls working now.

Next: kitkat.

Chris

Please hit the thx button. And please thank also dr shadow and xplodwild from omnirom.
    KitKat Sources MT6582 / 6592

Since my Cloud host, removed the sources,that i uploaded twice

Using MEGA now, should be on for some days..

Edit: no more source leaks, noobies will always be noobies
    I won't be sharing more source stuff

Learn to comply with GPL and respect others

Regards
    I'm working now since 1 day on CM13 and here the first screenshot on mt6592 :).