Cyberpunk 2077 AT&T 5G in US?

Search This thread

xxxrichievxxx

Jul 10, 2010
Notting Hill, London
www.facebook.com
Good evening all!

I'm kind of confused. The Cyberpunk 2077 edition of the phone is said to have Standard 5G FDD5G: 2600, 2100, 1800, 700 which I don't think AT&T supports, however, my phone appears to be connecting to the AT&T 5G network. Am I mistaken and does this phone have the capabilities of connecting to AT&T's 5G bands?

Thank you for your help!
Screenshot_20201205-213959.jpg

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
I am on AT&T and I do not even have the option to make 5G a choice for connections in the settings. All I have is 2/3/4g. What makes you think you are connecting to 5G?

xxxrichievxxx

Jul 10, 2010
Notting Hill, London
www.facebook.com
I am on AT&T and I do not even have the option to make 5G a choice for connections in the settings. All I have is 2/3/4g. What makes you think you are connecting to 5G?
The screenshot shows 5G. I see my phone go from LTE to LTE+ to 5G. On my S20 Ultra and my Galaxy Fold2 I didn't have the option to select connections (where others in other parts of the world could) and was able to connect to AT&T 5G.

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
Hmmmm, I didn't notice the 5G by the signal bars. Where are you located? Did you have to do anything like threaten AT&T to let you get 5G? Is it something you can select as an option in the settings? Sorry for all the questions but I am located just north of Houston and I have talked with AT&T a few times now and they say I should have 5G but it is not selectable in the phone, nor does it ever show up next to the signal bars.

xxxrichievxxx

Jul 10, 2010
Notting Hill, London
www.facebook.com
Hmmmm, I didn't notice the 5G by the signal bars. Where are you located? Did you have to do anything like threaten AT&T to let you get 5G? Is it something you can select as an option in the settings? Sorry for all the questions but I am located just north of Houston and I have talked with AT&T a few times now and they say I should have 5G but it is not selectable in the phone, nor does it ever show up next to the signal bars.
I am located in California near San Fransisco. I am able to connect to 5G in certain parts of the city. I was able to connect to 5G when I upgraded my plan to the Unlimited Elite plan. For this phone I had to go to *#*#4636#*#* and select the NR/LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM network type and that allowed me to connect to 5G. By default the option is set to LTE/GSM only and not the option with NR. I have to change the preferred network type every time I reset though.

Screenshot_20201207-183815.jpg

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
I am located in California near San Fransisco. I am able to connect to 5G in certain parts of the city. I was able to connect to 5G when I upgraded my plan to the Unlimited Elite plan. For this phone I had to go to *#*#4636#*#* and select the NR/LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM network type and that allowed me to connect to 5G. By default the option is set to LTE/GSM only and not the option with NR. I have to change the preferred network type every time I reset though.

View attachment 5150797
Thanks for the answers. I am already on the unlimited elite plan myself. I am aware of the setting you mention that has to be redone after every reboot. I have done it several times but it has never resulted in me getting any 5G signal...that I am aware of. I never saw the 5G next to my signal bars. Maybe it would work in different areas of the city but from my home it makes no difference. Maybe there is no 5G antennas in my local area??? The only other thing is the SIM card I am using. I was using it in my OnePlus 7-Pro and when I received the 8T I just swapped it over to the new phone. Everything works OK and according to AT&T I do not need a new SIM...but I do wonder. Did you get a new SIM after switching to the Elite plan, or did you just swap the one you already had? Other than that I have no idea why I am not getting any 5G..not that it is any better than LTE in real world use! So maybe I need a new SIM, or I just do not have a 5G signal right where I live.

g96818

Dec 27, 2014
AT&T uses one of the 5G bands that oneplus supports. YMMV since it might depend on the cell towers in your area. VRZ users are SOL.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I get 5g on T-Mobile US but as we know these are just improved 4g speeds and not true 5g speeds using MM wave