Cyberpunk 2077 Phone with OxygenOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Salam.Husin

Sep 20, 2018
Cyberpunk Bootloop!

I see. Then you got to get rid off all unrelated chinese apps since it is hydrogen and oneplus account etc related to Google especially would not be recognized. Thinking of rooting it but not really sure to go for that.

Till then, hope for the best to you!

I ended up changing over to HydrogenOS. Will be rooting it and flashing Google Apps.

From my understanding, there is confliction with the OTA updates for OxygenOS - since this is a different phone.

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020

Just rooted. Flashify prompts, asking whether I'm using CWM/TWRP, so it's a no-go.

I see. Then you got to get rid off all unrelated chinese apps since it is hydrogen and oneplus account etc related to Google especially would not be recognized. Thinking of rooting it but not really sure to go for that.

Till then, hope for the best to you!

I genuinely hope they roll out an update to allow KB05AA on the device, but as things stand it seems not so likely.

It is from my minimal understanding that the Cyberpunk phones have a different boot.img. The MSM download tool will even give you different files from regular KB2000 ones.

Last edited:

Salam.Husin

Sep 20, 2018
Cyberpunk Bootloop!

I see your point. Even the msm tool for 8T works regardless of those variants, but looks like it could not have been bothered to simply remove the cyberpunk original animation. Should the oxygen boot.img could possibly overwrite it since the device is totally so called coming fresh like new when using msm tool but technically speaking, perhaps what am just saying is correct or totally baseless...

Just rooted. Flashify prompts, asking whether I'm using CWM/TWRP, so it's a no-go.

I genuinely hope they roll out an update to allow KB05AA on the device, but as things stand it seems not so likely.

It is from my minimal understanding that the Cyberpunk phones have a different boot.img. The MSM download tool will even give you different files from regular KB2000 ones.

g96818

Dec 27, 2014

Someone said it was hardware trigger related.

Try install this app https://bitgapps.cf/APK/
It's supposed to install gapps using that app, according to https://www.****************/2020/09/26/gapps-android-11-download-gapps-for-android-11-rom-or-gsi/

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020
Last edited:

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020
Interesting, but I noticed unlocking the bootloader automatically clears off the Chinese bloatware.

Still no luck on getting Gapps. Hopefully a recovery is made, or a solution is found first.

Is it possible to install Hydrogen OS CyberPunk to european 8T with functional OTA and just install gapps manually?

The Cyberpunk resources probably won't show up/download for you, and you'll likely run into problems since it is a different phone. When I bought this phone it came with the Global ROM it couldn't update, so I reverted it to the original Chinese ROM.

Last edited:

Wilson Liang

Jul 6, 2013
I used MSM Download Tool for giggles, which proceeded without error. However, after running update I still end up with a bootloop, with the cyberpunk boot animation.

Hi @OniAraAra,

I also got a Cyberpunk 8T with HOS, and I can only use MSM tool to convert it into OOS. "Local Update" won't work. After convert to OOS, OTA is not working as you mentioned above, I need to clear the cache and setting in recovery mode to solve the boot loop issue, then the OS version rollback to previous version.

I contact local support of OnePlus, but they don't give me any support about OOS, luckily, base on your message, it seems they are looking into this issue right now. Please let me know if they fixed this issue, thank you very much.

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020
Hi @OniAraAra,

I also got a Cyberpunk 8T with HOS, and I can only use MSM tool to convert it into OOS. "Local Update" won't work. After convert to OOS, OTA is not working as you mentioned above, I need to clear the cache and setting in recovery mode to solve the boot loop issue, then the OS version rollback to previous version.

I contact local support of OnePlus, but they don't give me any support about OOS, luckily, base on your message, it seems they are looking into this issue right now. Please let me know if they fixed this issue, thank you very much.

I would be surprised if there's ever a fix. OxygenOS is not made for Chinese devices, and these vendors should not have installed it. I spoke with about 10 different support agents and each said something different, but all of them said KB05AA should not be on the phone. They either offered remote support (to do MSM of 11.0.4.5), said there would be a fix in the future, or outright denied any support.

Right now I am using the original HydrogenOS, and hoping TWRP or another solution to flash Gapps becomes available. If someone finds out more about fixing the bootloop that is also a possibility.

andixxx81

Apr 29, 2011
Hello sir..i just have 8T cyberpunk,,and i read posting that cannot convert to OOS, is there anyway to convert OOS and still get all theme cyberpunk?

Not like mclaren edition,still can convert to oos and not change theme mclaren

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020
Last edited:

Salam.Husin

Sep 20, 2018
Cyberpunk Edition

Same goes to me. Expecting twrp for this and encountering the bootloop issue once and for all!

Hoping... Well, i got to unlock the bootloader first, is it? 😅

I would be surprised if there's ever a fix. OxygenOS is not made for Chinese devices, and these vendors should not have installed it. I spoke with about 10 different support agents and each said something different, but all of them said KB05AA should not be on the phone. They either offered remote support (to do MSM of 11.0.4.5), said there would be a fix in the future, or outright denied any support.

Right now I am using the original HydrogenOS, and hoping TWRP or another solution to flash Gapps becomes available. If someone finds out more about fixing the bootloop that is also a possibility.

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020
Same goes to me. Expecting twrp for this and encountering the bootloop issue once and for all!

Hoping... Well, i got to unlock the bootloader first, is it?

I unlocked/rooted, but there's no urgency. TWRP is only available for Android 10 devices, so it might be a while, or it might never come.

So it is impossible to convert OOS with completed animation CBPunk ? Or stay in H2OS?

Depends what you mean by convert. You're able to install OxygenOS (which won't have the Cyberpunk goodies), and add them through the links in that article.

Salam.Husin

Sep 20, 2018
Cyberpunk Edition

Hello.

Finally, I resolved the matter!
Should be patient waiting for the full OTA zip file for the variant that I have opted! 🤩

I unlocked/rooted, but there's no urgency. TWRP is only available for Android 10 devices, so it might be a while, or it might never come.

Depends what you mean by convert. You're able to install OxygenOS (which won't have the Cyberpunk goodies), and add them through the links in that article.

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020
Hello.

Finally, I resolved the matter!
Should be patient waiting for the full OTA zip file for the variant that I have opted! 🤩

Did they say they would be able to give you a version of OxygenOS that will perform OTA updates properly? That would be excellent news, though I'd be skeptical. Many people are selling the phones with the original KB05AA, so a solution on their side would be the most efficient.

Please share the Global OTA if you obtain it and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.