Cyberpunk 2077 Phone with OxygenOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 phone arrived today. It appears the exporter had flashed a OxygenOS (Global/KB05AA) ROM on the phone, without the goodies in-tact (boot animation/live wallpapers/etc.). Performing an OTA update through the settings menu results in the phone being stuck at boot animation. On reboot, the boot animation changes from the stock Oneplus animation, to the cyberpunk one (which is stuck).

I have resolved this by performing a factory reset through recovery mode, which puts me back on the previous OOS version. However, it does not appear to be possible to update in the phone's current state. I was curious if others had experienced this, and what the best approach would be to either restore the original Cyberpunk H2OS, or continue using stock OxygenOS. OTA updates are preferable. Happy to share any of the goodies.

Solution:
Restored the phone back to its original state, with HydrogenOS and Cyberpunk assets - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=84016539&postcount=12

Still trying to get Google Apps/Services.

Last edited:
Reactions: FebriYansah00

Salam.Husin

Sep 20, 2018
Cyberpunk version

Hello.

I experienced bootloop when trying to update with 11.0.4.5KB05AA. Meaning, could not go through to update unless switching back to Hydrogen stock or another build Oxygen os based on EU or India.

No local upgrade inside the current when looking at the system update. No such option. Also, when on stock recovery, could not reach internal storage as to flash other compatible rom.

Technically, tried to resolve but not feel confident to pursue despite thinking of need to unlock the bootloader and etc...

What a hassle!

Cyberpunk 2077 phone arrived today. It appears the exporter had flashed a OxygenOS (Global/KB05AA) ROM on the phone, without the goodies in-tact (boot animation/live wallpapers/etc.). Performing an OTA update through the settings menu results in the phone being stuck at boot animation. On reboot, the boot animation changes from the stock Oneplus animation, to the cyberpunk one (which is stuck).

I have resolved this by performing a factory reset through recovery mode, which puts me back on the previous OOS version. However, it does not appear to be possible to update in the phone's current state. I was curious if others had experienced this, and what the best approach would be to either restore the original Cyberpunk H2OS, or continue using stock OxygenOS. OTA updates are preferable. Happy to share any of the goodies.

g96818

Dec 27, 2014
Hello.

I experienced bootloop when trying to update with 11.0.4.5KB05AA. Meaning, could not go through to update unless switching back to Hydrogen stock or another build Oxygen os based on EU or India.

No local upgrade inside the current when looking at the system update. No such option. Also, when on stock recovery, could not reach internal storage as to flash other compatible rom.

Technically, tried to resolve but not feel confident to pursue despite thinking of need to unlock the bootloader and etc...

What a hassle!

Try the hydrogen unbrick tool. what else do you have to lose?
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675590014

g96818

Dec 27, 2014
Last edited:

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020
I spoke with a Oneplus support member earlier, but this is supposedly a confirmed issue and they will be pushing an update. Unsure if they misunderstood, or it's standard for them to support non-supported devices running Oxygen. In the mean time I have restored/left the phone on the original KB05AA that it came with.

[Support Agent]
I have check with my team regarding your issue.
[Support Agent]
We have already highlighted this issue to the concerned team they are working to resolve your issue.
[Support Agent]
You will get one auto update then you can able to update the OTA.

Last edited:

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020
Try to format /data and wipe cache thru Recovery

I've done that, both before and after MSM Download, as well as after OTA update. Still results in the Cyberpunk boot loop. Supposedly the MSM tool has a boot.img, which leaves the question why the Cyberpunk animation is still there.

Last edited:

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020
Last edited:

Salam.Husin

Sep 20, 2018
Msm tool

That's the point! How to get rid off totally and permanently cyberpunk animation which till now I have no idea any resources to refer to and how to resolve.

Mine, still stuck at 11.0.4.5 version. Got an incremental update of 11.0.5.6 but unfortunately, the cyberpunk animation is still there, haunting me! Got to reset everything to go back which is not so cool at all!

I've done that, both before and after MSM Download, as well as after OTA update. Still results in the Cyberpunk boot loop. Supposedly the MSM tool has a boot.img, which leaves the question why the Cyberpunk animation is still there.

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020
That's the point! How to get rid off totally and permanently cyberpunk animation which till now I have no idea any resources to refer to and how to resolve.

Mine, still stuck at 11.0.4.5 version. Got an incremental update of 11.0.5.6 but unfortunately, the cyberpunk animation is still there, haunting me! Got to reset everything to go back which is not so cool at all!

I ended up changing over to HydrogenOS. Will be rooting it and flashing Google Apps.

From my understanding, there is confliction with the OTA updates for OxygenOS - since this is a different phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Solution:
    Restored the phone back to its original state, with HydrogenOS and Cyberpunk assets - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=84016539&postcount=12

Still trying to get Google Apps/Services.