D!OS 12.1 - A new Xperia OS // Searching for Testers

Search This thread

pecola123

Dec 15, 2013
Sony Xperia 1
Awesome Things are going on. I need to create an own Repo with some Xperia Stock Files. Is someone willed to pull Me everything out of /vendor/etc/acdbdata from the Xperia Lineup from 2019+? Namely:
-Xperia 1 MK1
-Xperia 5 MK1
-Xperia 1 MK2
-Xperia 5 MK2
-Xperia 1 MK3
-Xperia 5 MK3

I would really appreciate the Help!
This is Xperia 1 MK 1 SOV40 latest official rom fw : gdrive

Reactions: Miustone

KamiDaze

Nov 15, 2016
Yes, I have the same issue as xpt1.
After flash finished, it just stuck at sony logo.
However, when I push the power button, I can hear the lock sound.
As well as I can hear the warning tone from PC when I connect it with a Windows.

pecola123

Dec 15, 2013
Sony Xperia 1
Thanks a ton! You delivered the Files for Xperia 1 and 5 for us... Think they are similar on all 2019 Flagships so far so we can use Your files on all our Devices :)

It's quite weird to know that those device having similar files... because for Xperia 1 I alone have different files for diff region 😂

============​

Anyways, just got the time to try D!OS on my SOV40 using J8110 25 April build, and I'm also experiencing stuck at Sony logo

Yes, I have the same issue as xpt1.
After flash finished, it just stuck at sony logo.
However, when I push the power button, I can hear the lock sound.
As well as I can hear the warning tone from PC when I connect it with a Windows.
Good to know! Thanks for the detailed report!
It's quite weird to know that those device having similar files... because for Xperia 1 I alone have different files for diff region 😂

============​

Anyways, just got the time to try D!OS on my SOV40 using J8110 25 April build, and I'm also experiencing stuck at Sony logo
Well, heard of GSIs? They can be flashed on any Device with Treble Support and they share the same files even on different OEMs and Boards... Just about that. Our Xperia Firmwares are very generic at the base so they share a lot even on older/newer Hardware.

Just asking everyone. Is someone willed to build DIOS with Me? I made an little Script which does all automated... (ok it's not just a little script but a revolution)

pecola123

Dec 15, 2013
Sony Xperia 1
Our Xperia Firmwares are very generic at the base so they share a lot even on older/newer Hardware.
I see, gotcha.

Just asking everyone. Is someone willed to build DIOS with Me? I made an little Script which does all automated... (ok it's not just a little script but a revolution)
If that could speed up the development, I'm down to help.

I have old PC that I rarely use it, maybe can help build the ROM.
Not the fastest but I think it could do the job.

I see, gotcha.

If that could speed up the development, I'm down to help.

I have old PC that I rarely use it, maybe can help build the ROM.
Not the fastest but I think it could do the job.
Sounds great so far. You just need basically 500GB Storage and 16 Gigs of RAM on a WSL2 Ubuntu or real Ubuntu based Distro installation...
I can shift over My Scripts any changes i want, so if you face bootloops we can go faster with trying out stuff...

AiYiA

HI, Thanks for the excellent work so far!
This would be the first time I flashed a rom since the Google G1, I can see a lot has changed!
My current device is the Xperia 1 (J8110).
Could I install this from a stock rom? or would i need to install "Pixel Experience Plus 12.1 v412" and install Mars_SOM/D!OS it over it?

I don't mean any disrespect in the following question but is Mars Stable and is D!os still in beta?

I was wondering which one I should flash!

• Wow
Reactions: Miustone
HI, Thanks for the excellent work so far!
This would be the first time I flashed a rom since the Google G1, I can see a lot has changed!
My current device is the Xperia 1 (J8110).
Could I install this from a stock rom? or would i need to install "Pixel Experience Plus 12.1 v412" and install Mars_SOM/D!OS it over it?

I don't mean any disrespect in the following question but is Mars Stable and is D!os still in beta?

I was wondering which one I should flash!
Wow! Feeling kinda Honored You got back to it with My Work involved!
MARS is as for now discontinued since DIOS will include all of it in an own OS.
I kinda make a lil Revolution for us but more about it later...

I would suggest to wait for the Release of DIOS to make it an awesome Expierence for You. If You are advanced with Bash/Shell Scripts could i invite You as Tester for the Mark 1 too. But i don't want to make You trouble before it's 100% Stable (Bug Free). I'll let You decide...

Sony Devs have to actually fix our Cameras and Mobiledata for Android 12.X still but once they publish new Binaries for us should all be fine. Bugs i fight with since last night are broken Media Audio (UI Sounds work already) and the Pixel Launcher crashs persistently. So we cant access Recent Apps rn and have to install a Third Party Launcher. But after that it will be ready to use for all...

Newer Xperias may still have Bootloops but i have some People who work with Me on that. I spent already hundreds of Hours into DIOS and i hope i can share it soon with Everyone. Looking forward to it :)

Unusual Man

Jun 8, 2015
Szczecin
It's almost done...
D!OS is rolling out the next Days. It's pretty basic for now. Based on latest Android 12.1/12L with Google Apps.
If You want to be one of the first who uses this new Xperia exclusive OS, leave a Comment and become a Tester!

Need Testers for J9110 Xperia 1 Dual Sim
J8110 Xperia 1 Single Sim Builds will come later. But feel free to try out the Xperia 1 Dual Sim Variant...
I have the J9110 in the drawer because I am currently using the Asus Rog Phone 5s. Also I think it will be perfect for testing.
In the past, I helped Tomoms with the kernel development and more for Xperia SP. I've also been involved in other projects at XDA.

Reactions: xpt1

Mike3009

Jun 22, 2017
Unlocking the bootloader has pretty much killed my camera quality on previous Xperia devices. I want to try this out but can anyone confirm if the camera quality decreases on the Xperia 1 after unlocking the bootloader?

Unusual Man

Jun 8, 2015
Szczecin
Unlocking the bootloader has pretty much killed my camera quality on previous Xperia devices. I want to try this out but can anyone confirm if the camera quality decreases on the Xperia 1 after unlocking the bootloader?
A long time ago, unlocking the bootloader caused a big drop in camera quality. In newer models after around 2016, this problem is no longer felt so much. Yes. We are losing some solutions dedicated to Sony, but they are not so necessary in everyday use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Builds incoming for Public Testing 😇
    It's almost done...
    D!OS is rolling out the next Days. It's pretty basic for now. Based on latest Android 12.1/12L with Google Apps.
    If You want to be one of the first who uses this new Xperia exclusive OS, leave a Comment and become a Tester!

Need Testers for J9110 Xperia 1 Dual Sim
    J8110 Xperia 1 Single Sim Builds will come later. But feel free to try out the Xperia 1 Dual Sim Variant...
    New Builds incoming! Be prepared for something You haven't ever seen before <3

#D!OS
    I wanna be a tester ^^
    New Builds incoming for Public Testing 😇
    did you update/upload the fixed AOSXP_J9110.zip ?
    i tryed it again but same problem stuck on sony logo
    date.JPG

No, but work is going on. 10 Hours+ each day 👍