[d2vzw][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
Last version can be found here:
Now: one common recovery for all: d2lte
The below specific variants are no more updated, use d2lte common variant

d2vzw
http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition

Last edited:

Maphack

Jan 18, 2011
Been looking to try a new recovery, thanks.

Edit: Quick question, is it okay to flash this using recovery tools? I would assume so, but the instructions make no mention of it. Am I just better off flashing it in TWRP or CWM recovery?

I only wish I would have tried this this sooner...my volume keys would have appreciated it.

Last edited:

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Been looking to try a new recovery, thanks.

Edit: Quick question, is it okay to flash this using recovery tools? I would assume so, but the instructions make no mention of it. Am I just better off flashing it in TWRP or CWM recovery?

You only flash the zip in recovery using either TWRP or CWM. Flash it, then reboot recovery.

If you are using the .tar.md5 file, flash that in odin and it'll overwrite the recovery image.

Reactions: Maphack

Eyalkn

Please help, just flashed it using Flashify and the phone only boots in Odin mode. Is there a way to phuse a recovery file and install it?

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Please help, just flashed it using Flashify and the phone only boots in Odin mode. Is there a way to phuse a recovery file and install it?

Edit: didn't even have to use Odin, I just booted into safe mode and it fixed it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

brandoncarlson33

Dec 12, 2012
Anyone know why this comes up every time I boot in to recovery?
E:Can't open / cache / recovery /log ×2 then below that E: Can't open / cache / recovery / last_log ×2 then below that E:Can't open / cache / recovery / last install ×2 been getting this for a while but never thought to ask anyone here if they know what this is about or how to rid it

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Anyone know why this comes up every time I boot in to recovery?
E:Can't open / cache / recovery /log ×2 then below that E: Can't open / cache / recovery / last_log ×2 then below that E:Can't open / cache / recovery / last install ×2 been getting this for a while but never thought to ask anyone here if they know what this is about or how to rid it

did you try to format /cache?

Azuma73

Dec 15, 2010
South-Central, ....PA.
Dude, this Recovery is sooo friggin' killer!! Albeit a tad overwhelming with all the bells & whistles & whatnot, still so rad!!
I've always dug CWM over TWRP, even though most were ragin' about how cool TWRP is!?!? I've used both of 'em here & there, but I've just always had dependable results with CWM.
Thanks maang, you sir(s) deserve a cookie!!
\m/ \m/

jlokos

May 27, 2011
Willamette Valley
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Dude, this Recovery is sooo friggin' killer!! Albeit a tad overwhelming with all the bells & whistles & whatnot, still so rad!!
I've always dug CWM over TWRP, even though most were ragin' about how cool TWRP is!?!? I've used both of 'em here & there, but I've just always had dependable results with CWM.
Thanks maang, you sir(s) deserve a cookie!!
\m/ \m/

+1; works great. A lot of bells & whistles that i need to look into. Great work and thanks for d2vzw version.

Casper34

I am having an issue flashing pacman nightly. No matter what version I try and flash, latest or one from 4 months ago that I know is a good download, I get a failed to install.

Code:
- Installing: /sdcard/Download/pac_d2vzw-nightly-20131229.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /data/media/0/Download/pac_d2vzw-nightly-20131229.zip
Opening update package...
Installing update...
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2vzw" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2vzw"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2vzw" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2vzw"
E:Error in /data/media/0/Download/pac_d2vzw-nightly-20131229.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I have tried a dirty flash and a "new rom" wipe. Both return the same issue.

Sent from my Ktoonzified PACmaned SGS3!

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
I am having an issue flashing pacman nightly. No matter what version I try and flash, latest or one from 4 months ago that I know is a good download, I get a failed to install.

Code:
- Installing: /sdcard/Download/pac_d2vzw-nightly-20131229.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /data/media/0/Download/pac_d2vzw-nightly-20131229.zip
Opening update package...
Installing update...
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2vzw" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2vzw"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2vzw" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2vzw"
E:Error in /data/media/0/Download/pac_d2vzw-nightly-20131229.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I have tried a dirty flash and a "new rom" wipe. Both return the same issue.

Ask cooker to update his update-binary or do it your self by replacing the one in the ROM you install

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Seems I am not the only one with this issue.....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48971021

It's a known issue, many people are going to have the problem.

Pull the update-binary from another rom, or anything that does flash with the recovery, and replace the one in the rom of your choice with that one.

This has nothing to do with the recovery itself, and Phil can't do anything about it on his end. Rom builders have to update the script for it to work on this CWM base.

I know mastamoon has an unofficial cwm 6.0.4.5 recovery for use, I'm sure his kit kat rom likely has a working update-binary, try to flash that rom with this recovery. If it works, there's your answer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil3759

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Last version can be found here:
    The below specific variants are no more updated, use d2lte common variant

d2vzw
    http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition
    The d2vzw specific variants are no more updated, use d2lte common variant
    Any one notice a bug where it will ask you to restore settings to default when rebooting? If not then I will provide a log.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

it is a feature when you have a backup in sdcard while settings file was wiped from /data
    you can enable auto-restore option to skip prompt and always restore backup when settings are gone in a wipe /data
    Just an FYI, having some issues flashing the newest modem for the new TW 4.3 rom. I flashed the Rom fine but I get a status 7 error when trying to flash the modem.

Copy the update-binary from that rom and replace the one in the modem zip with it, then it should flash.

What do you mean "get latest binary from CM11 nightly"? I flashed the latest SuoerSU. I still get the same message "update binary."

Download the latest cm11 nightly.

Unzip the file, navigate to META-INF/com/google/android

Pull the update binary out of it, and use that to replace the other update binary in every zip you want to flash. Every flashable zip has an update binary in that location.