[D58XX] CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.4.7 + ROOT for Xperia Z3 Compact [20140928]

Search This thread

iFlasher

Feb 13, 2013
Piñas
Hi!

Sorry for offtopic.

D5833 Users with unlocked and rooted device. We need us at here for get root in Locked Bootloaders:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-...t-unlocking-bootloader-method-t2940539/page93

Currently the tool can only root D5803. To support other devices I need:
Code:
cat /proc/version
su
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/kptr_restrict
cat /proc/kallsyms > /data/local/tmp/kallsyms
chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/kallsyms

Upload kallsyms and post output. Obviously you need root to get this information. Additionally you should be on a early firmware (< october).

dhvenus

Jun 7, 2012
Frankfurt am Main
WiFi do not work after flash 6.0.4.7 Recovery!

Hello,

Well, I unlocked my D5803 device successfully, and flashed via fastboot this CWM based recovery.
The problem is that after reboot I have no WiFi enymore! It is not possible to enable. The recovery is correct installed. I could start in recovery mode, and also could install superSU.
Do anybody knows what the trouble is?

What I did:
- reinstalled the KK 4.4.4 (build 23.0.A.2.93) over Sony´s EMMA flash tool-> Wifi working again; bootloader remain unlocked.
- I reflashed this recovery over my second PC to the phone: the same failure again!
- Wipe user data/ Wipe cache / wipe dalvik carried out-> WiFi still not working

One thing, what I did wrong at the first time:

was that I flashed the recovery version from D66XX Z3. It was a misstake because I visited the the link "how to root", and this Thread looks like this thread and I was downloaded from there the Recovery image because I thought I´m in the right Thread for Z3 Compact.
After flash this wrong image the display was black, but the phone was running (start sound was audible. I realized that I was flashing the wrong Image, and after that I flashed again the recovery Image for D53xx.
Thank you in advance for your help!

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
Hello,

Well, I unlocked my D5803 device successfully, and flashed via fastboot this CWM based recovery.
The problem is that after reboot I have no WiFi enymore! It is not possible to enable. The recovery is correct installed. I could start in recovery mode, and also could install superSU.
Do anybody knows what the trouble is?

What I did:
- reinstalled the KK 4.4.4 (build 23.0.A.2.93) over Sony´s EMMA flash tool-> Wifi working again; bootloader remain unlocked.
- I reflashed this recovery over my second PC to the phone: the same failure again!
- Wipe user data/ Wipe cache / wipe dalvik carried out-> WiFi still not working

One thing, what I did wrong at the first time:

was that I flashed the recovery version from D66XX Z3. It was a misstake because I visited the the link "how to root", and this Thread looks like this thread and I was downloaded from there the Recovery image because I thought I´m in the right Thread for Z3 Compact.
After flash this wrong image the display was black, but the phone was running (start sound was audible. I realized that I was flashing the wrong Image, and after that I flashed again the recovery Image for D53xx.
Thank you in advance for your help!

What you're seeing here is because of the mismatch between the version of Android you're running and the kernel -- this boot.img you're flashing doesn't just contain the recovery but also a kernel. That kernel was meant for the .105 release.
If you want a recovery, the only other place you can look at is the Androplus kernel.
Or CM12, but that's probably not what you want.

I also don't know why you're using .93 -- .77 was the last update to be released, and it brought many improvements.

Reactions: robertob24

dhvenus

Jun 7, 2012
Frankfurt am Main
Hi,
the Sony´s Emma flashing tool shows "Running Xperia Z3 compact ....... (build 23.0.A.2.93)"
But you´re right in the phone ist the current build version "23.0.1.A.5.77":
Unbenannt.JPG

You mean, I shold take a recovery version whith the same number ending like the installed ROM version?
Example: my ROM version ending .77 so I should flash a recovery with .77 ending?
Can you please post the exact link, which is the right recovery?
I just want to root my phone, nothing more ;)
Thanks!
EDIT:
Ok...
- I have a ROM version .77 installed (current Stock ROM from Sony)
- this image is for .105 version ROMs-
Conclusion: the mistake was that I have a wrong ROM Version (.77) . This recovery image is only for .105 ROM
Thank you someone755 fo your patience!
Thank you!

Last edited:

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
Ok...
- I have a ROM version .77 installed (current Stock ROM from Sony)
- this image is for .105 version ROMs
Question: where to get the right ROM version?
Thank you!

In the "General" section, I think, there's a thread housing every update for the device, including the old .105, if that's what you want to download.
I beg of you, do not go downgrading your phone for the sake of a broken recovery (because let's face it, CWM is useless).

You mean, I shold take a recovery version whith the same number ending like the installed ROM version?
Ugh, it's story time, I guess.
The Xperia devices do not have a separate recovery partition. Instead, we here have two options: either bundle the recovery within the boot image (as you can see in this thread), or use another partition as the recovery partition (we use the FOTAkernel partition, which is normally used for OTA updates -- once your bootloader is unlocked, that partition isn't being used anymore so we might as well do that).
Should you use a recovery that's inside a boot.img, you have to make sure that the other parts of the boot.img correspond to your device's hardware and software (read: the system and kernel must be of the same version).
If you choose a recovery that boots off your FOTAkernel partition, you don't have to worry about the kernel version as you're only flashing the recovery, nothing more. What you do have to watch out for however is whether or not your kernel supports a recovery like that.

In short, don't bother installing this. But, seeing as you want a recovery, your only other option is flashing the Androplus kernel (check the "Android Development" section for that).

EDIT: Also, before I forget, the forums have a nifty little "Edit" feature with which you should edit your posts instead of posting multiple times.

Sep 29, 2011
does this works with LP (Up-to-date stock rom with bootloader unlocked)
as my devices keeps rebooting now ??

i can enter CWM, Do i have to “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”?? if so can i reflash the stock files ? can you give a link to them ?

Last edited:

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
does this works with LP (Up-to-date stock rom with bootloader unlocked)
No.
as my devices keeps rebooting now ??
What do you mean by this, exactly?
If you've flashed this, then yes that is normal since it's not meant for Lollipop.

i can enter CWM, Do i have to “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”?? if so can i reflash the stock files ? can you give a link to them ?
If you want to flash the stock files, go look for them, it's really not that hard.
I'd recommend you just flash a stock kernel though, instead of downloading the entire (1+ GB) FTF.

Sep 29, 2011
No.

What do you mean by this, exactly?
If you've flashed this, then yes that is normal since it's not meant for Lollipop.

If you want to flash the stock files, go look for them, it's really not that hard.
I'd recommend you just flash a stock kernel though, instead of downloading the entire (1+ GB) FTF.

Thanks, i have did it :)

Adzkii

Dec 25, 2014
So i download the file then get my phone into fastboot then do "fastboot flash boot boot.img" then phone restarts goes to recovery?
I did all that perfectly but phone goes into black screen after rebooting?

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
So i download the file then get my phone into fastboot then do "fastboot flash boot boot.img" then phone restarts goes to recovery?
I did all that perfectly but phone goes into black screen after rebooting?

Yes, because the OP was last updated on September 28th, 2014...
Go find something more recent.

hnegrao

Sep 15, 2013
Coimbra
Hello.
I have a Xperia Z3 compact.
Bootloader is unlock.
Firmware is stock 23.4.A.0.546.

How can I root my D5803? Can anyone point me in a direction please.

Thanks.

Reactions: tlsty

madthehatter

Mar 16, 2018
Hi,

I've been trying to root my Xperia Z3 compact and the link for the CWM 6.0.4.7 is dead. I can't find it anywhere else on the internet. Does anyone have it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.4.7 Recovery for Xperia Z3 Compact!

Credits and special thanks to Koush and everyone else involved in Cyanogenmod project!

[ info ]

This Recovery is built from CWM 6.0.4.7 sources!

[ PROOF ]

attachment.php

[ credits / special thanks ]

• Koush - for the brilliant work & coding on CWM recovery
    • CyanogenMod and FreeXperia Team (especially jerpelea) for too many things *:)
    • special thanks to @Androxyde for pointing me to the correct tools and thanks to @[NUT] for the kitchen which works well to slice the kernel.sin :)
    • special thanks to @Joe_Mama [a.k.a.: Stinky sweet from 4pda ]for helping out with testing and risking his devices for the sake of development!!! and NO, his phone was NOT damaged during testing ;)
    • ME for creating this for u guys!

[ Requirements ]

• Bootloader unlocked
    • working fastboot
    • STOCK ROM FW:
        • 23.0.A.2.105 - v01
      or ROMS BASED ON THAT FIRMWARE

[ features ]

1. standard CWM recovery 6.0.4.7!
    2. init.d startup script support inbuilt!
    3. kernel is insecure (ro.secure=0)
    4. disabled kernel level RIC
    5. adb debugging is enabled by default in OS
    6. TIP: if u are experiencing very slow backup in CWM do this

[ WARNING ]

FOR NOW WE DONT HAVE ROOT ON LOCKED BOOTLOADER!!! IF YOU WANT TO PRESERVE YOUR TA DATA/DRM KEYS THEN DO NOT UNLOCK BOOTLOADER!!!!

for flashing this kernel you WILL NEED TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER! Check this thread for more info (same steps as Xperia Z1 are used for Xperia Z3 Compact)

UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER WITHOUT TA BACKUP WILL LEAD TO IRREVERSIBLE LOSS OF DRM KEYS!!!

Sony has changed their bootloader unlock policy:
    Certain pre-loaded content on your device may also be inaccessible due to the removal of DRM security keys. For high-end devices running recent software versions, for instance Xperia Z3, the removal of DRM security keys may affect advanced camera functionality. For example, noise reduction algorithms might be removed, and performance when taking photos in low-light conditions might be affected. The secure user data partition may also become inaccessible, and you will not be able to get any more official software upgrades if you unlock the boot loader.

Source: http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/

[ known issues ]

1. adb is not working in recovery (can be fixed later)

[ how to flash this kernel ] (via fastboot)

1. download the kernel image
    2. save the boot.img to the folder containing fastboot binary
    3. flash the boot.img using fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    4. reboot from fastboot
      Code:
      fastboot reboot
    5. the device should now start booting
    6. enjoy!

[ how to enter recovery ]

when you see the Sony logo and the LED light turns pink/amber/orange keep tapping/pressing VOLUME UP key

[ how to Root ]

for instructions on how to root please check this post

[ sources ]

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_device_sony_honami

for now recovery is same is same as honami

[ donations ]

Please do consider donating as I am thinking of getting the Z3 or Z3 Compact (not yet decided which one), if you want me to support this device then feel free to donate and help me buy it!

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

OR

you can buy one of my awesome apps from Play Store!

[ download links ]

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR, REDISTRIBUTE, REPACK MY FILES

NEW:

Advance Stock Kernel with CWM Recovery v01 (FW: 23.0.A.2.105)
    MD5HASH: 2f98c39bf48102dcbd7e4d106f05360f

OLD:

icon8.gif

enjoy!!!
    Rooting Instructions

[ how to root ]

• once you have flashed the kernel from the 1st post
    • download the latest SuperSU update.zip from: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
    • save it on sdcard of device
    • reboot into recovery
    • flash the supersu update.zip
    • reboot from recovery into OS
    • you should now get proper root access!

[ installing busybox ]

• it is highly recommended to install busybox after rooting!
    • just go to andorid play store and download the busybox installer.
    • once the installer is downloaded, install busybox in /system/xbin
    • reboot device after install and thats it!

regards,

DooMLoRD
    Kinda sad for those who believed Doomlord original statement in his OP that said the camera wont be affected, especially when there was a lot of speculation.

TIP: Dont make such statements without solid proof, it'll mislead users. Theres probably at least one poor soul who unlocked and now has a poorer camera.

hi King p1n,

I have been on the Xperia scene for almost 4 years now ... I try and share all the knowledge and information that i have so that users can benefit...

at the time of creating this thread, there was no indication that there was any such issue... and when the issue was raised, sony quietly adding this under "Risks" section of their website, i did my best to keep users informed by updating this thread and by posting about this on twitter...

to all poor souls with "poorer camera":
    sorry guys I honestly didnt know...

regards,

DooMLoRD
    Wajk! Buddy! Glad to see you here!
    Did you get a Z3C? ;D

Thnx, yes it's arrived.
    Almost two months without smartphone, but now I'm back :D

Some new info, based on this post.

What do you think these steps?
    - Unlock Bootloader
    - flash boot.img
    - delete "Drmdialogs.apk" before you boot into OS (example from Recovery)

maybe working, or not possible?

I checked DRM Dialogs and UI app in Settings/Appilcations. We can disable them.
    I'm sorry for maybe asking this noob question, but ain't there a way to relock the phone and install a ruu like it's on HTC devices possible? Or ist really a fact that you can't gain access to the DRM stuff anymore after unlocking? No way to undo the unlocking?

As I understand it, the Sony firmware files don't contain or restore what was in the TA partition - once the TA partition is wiped that's it unless you have a backup to restore from.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone