• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

D855 Kernel for experimental D850 Nougat [AOSP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
I don't know where drivers are included in kernel or ramdisk but i the new compiled kernel didn't fix ril and my internet connection is still not working

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

Guys ril has nothing to do with the kernel, kernel is responsible mainly for CPU/GPU, etc. RIL is a sub layer that internal code controls it.
we need to fix telephony and/or device tree and rebuild from scratch to fix RIL.
have some patients, if we can't find a fix soon, you know @invisiblek will fix it, he's our dev over at CM

edit here is a link that explains how RIL works in Android:
https://www.e-consystems.com/blog/linux-android/?p=498

Probably the only thing that the kernel uses here is the serial modem drivers, the rest is done via RIL code that communicates with the baseband

Last edited:

mistercheese

May 29, 2012
Amsterdam
Guys ril has nothing to do with the kernel, kernel is responsible mainly for CPU/GPU, etc. RIL is a sub layer that internal code controls it.
we need to fix telephony and/or device tree and rebuild from scratch to fix RIL.
have some patients, if we can't find a fix soon, you know @invisiblek will fix it, he's our dev over at CM

Probably the only thing that the kernel uses here is the serial modem drivers, the rest is done via RIL code that communicates with the baseband
Sooti is right.
The kernel does not make any difference.
The guy from D850 nougat build uses CAF ril but thats not working correctly with our blobs.
Once i get nougat building and booting completely (for 99 percent complete) we can see what changes and fixes we need.
but i think it works out of the box once i fixed all build errors.

MrBr1ckfy

Apr 26, 2016
São Paulo
Sooti is right.
The guy from D850 nougat build uses CAF ril but thats not working correctly with our blobs.
Once i get nougat building and booting completely (for 99 percent complete) we can see what changes and fixes we need.

Do u expect this build for this week?

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
Sooti is right.
I synced your sources for me build is runnung fine I even could build it in userdebug Im currently I'm at 68 Percent of build

Reactions: dwcasey

mistercheese

May 29, 2012
Amsterdam
I synced your sources for me build is runnung fine I even could build it in userdebug Im currently I'm at 68 Percent of build

Good to hear. It will probably fail at 99 or 100 percent. I need to add some fixes when i Have some spare Time. I did not test some fixes from yesterday so maby u are Lucky.
When u get a error at 99 or 100 percent there is No .zip. but you Have a boot.img and System.img.. try flashing that. Should work to

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
Good to hear. It will probably fail at 99 or 100 percent. I need to add some fixes when i Have some spare Time. I did not test some fixes from yesterday so maby u are Lucky.
When u get a error at 99 or 100 percent there is No .zip. but you Have a boot.img and System.img.. try flashing that. Should work to
Okay I can flash system.img with twrp can't I because g3 only has this fake fastboot mode and you can't flash any image because of locked bootloader

mistercheese

May 29, 2012
Amsterdam
Okay I can flash system.img with twrp can't I because g3 only has this fake fastboot mode and you can't flash any image because of locked bootloader

U can Flash System in adb. Google it.
Tonight i Have some Time and will try to fix it but as you know testing takes very Long. :D

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
U can Flash System in adb. Google it.
Tonight i Have some Time and will try to fix it but as you know testing takes very Long. :D

adb push system.img /sdcard/
adb shell dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/your/system/partition

If I do that what about permissions?
Don't I need to fix them?

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
The only thing i regret is that i didnt checked on the cpu specs of that root server im using i build with make -j4 otapackage but i could build with make -j16 :D lol

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
@mistercheese you need to correct your manifest Readme there it's ./build/envsetup but it needs to be source ./build/envsetup.sh else the lunch command will not be found

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
663405c064a3caa653639c0b4a9588c1.jpg

Is that good thats what's happened after the build was complete it stuck there for about 4 minutes

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
You were right it stopped creating the zip at 99 percent

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
Update : the build is right now booting up.
Wifi wont work RIL isnt working bluetooth isnt working
@mistercheese your kernel has the same fastboot bug as the d850 kernel and you need to bump it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi i would like to share my kernel with you its just the same kernel as the dev included for d850 but i recompiled it for d855.

1.Flash Nougat AOSP
    2.Flash my kernel
    3.Flash rebump script

Download:
    KERNEL:

Removed

Sooti is right.
    Hi, could you explain it a bit more exactly (for stupid people :D )?
    I am coming from Samsung (S3 & S6) and dont know what you mean with change to...
    I take the 7.0 zip from the d850 thread and then do what with the zip?
    And after this I flash the kernel from here.

Bugs are the same as in the d850 thread, right?
    Wifi is working for example?

Well...steps:

1. Get Nougat zip from here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=24686680535466938 - it's 7.0 system with broken kernel, it can't boot properly, but system is ok

2. Get fixed kernel (bootn.img) from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mp6j5r3jsynnpi4/bootn.img?dl=0 - with this one it will boot

3. Get rebump script (MR_bump.zip) from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dy5wf3ndbfi337/MR_Bump.zip?dl=0 - it will sign the nougat as official LG system, so no security problem...

4. Reboot to recovery - TWRP

5. You can do a backup if you have place enough - by hitting the backup button, let be everything as it is, it can be mostly between 4 and 10 gigs of files

6. After backup, or without making backup, hit the Wipe button and wipe dalvik, system, data and cache

7. Hit the install button and find the zip from step 1

8. Slide to flash

9. After it is flashed hit the Home button at the absolute bottom

10. Hit the Install button

11. Hit the Install image button

12. Find that bootn.img from step 2

13. Choose flashing as boot, NOT RECOVERY

I REPEAT, NOT RECOVERY

13. Let it flash and after it's done again hit the home button at the absolute bottom

14. Hit the install button

15. Find MR_bump.zip from step 3

16. Slide to flash

17. Let it flash and then hit Reboot system button

Wifi probably will work, but mobile carrier signal not, it doesn't find SIM

You can hit the Thanks button:)
    I don't know where drivers are included in kernel or ramdisk but i the new compiled kernel didn't fix ril and my internet connection is still not working

No. It's same kernel as in D820 post just ported to work with D855. Just another thread. Today Mistercheese probably will release this own builds of Android N. So look for his new thread then its out.