[D85X][F400][LS990][VS985][STOCK-MM->6.0] Solid Kernel V2.55 [05/08/2017]

Search This thread

Loller79

Dec 30, 2012
Porto Torres
Hello guys (and girls of course), I've just gone through a bad period that lasted some months but now I'm back to normal.
I've just started working on the g3 kernel for android 7.1 (lineage os to be specific), 6.0 felt a bit old and I wanted to upgrade, this means that the new primary developed kernel will be the one for 7.1 roms.
This doesn't mean that the stock 6.0 kernel won't receive any update, it's pretty good as it is but I think that I can make it a bit better since the last version has a few problems and is a bit hard on the battery.

I just hope that you're all happy and ready to try out my new kernels ;)

P.S. I forgot to say that the 7.1 kernel will come out in a few days!

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
Hello guys (and girls of course), I've just gone through a bad period that lasted some months but now I'm back to normal.
I've just started working on the g3 kernel for android 7.1 (lineage os to be specific), 6.0 felt a bit old and I wanted to upgrade, this means that the new primary developed kernel will be the one for 7.1 roms.
This doesn't mean that the stock 6.0 kernel won't receive any update, it's pretty good as it is but I think that I can make it a bit better since the last version has a few problems and is a bit hard on the battery.

I just hope that you're all happy and ready to try out my new kernels ;)

P.S. I forgot to say that the 7.1 kernel will come out in a few days!

Good to see you that you are back! Looking forward to see your kernel for stock updated :)

Loller79

Dec 30, 2012
Porto Torres
And here we go!
Solid.png

Loller79

Dec 30, 2012
Porto Torres
And here we are, Solid Kernel V2.3 for 7.1 ROMS is finally available! (D855 only and still BETA)
First of all let's say that it has every single feature from the stock mm kernel (they're listed on the first page), there are some changes though since I wasn't totally happy of my previous version.

• The kernel is now compiled with the Linaro-6.2 toolchain
  • CPU-BOOST has been removed and replaced by a lighter shell implementation (it also caused crashes)
  • Fixed the unsteady GPU frequency
  • No more overheating, the kernel operates at 1GHz less than normal but with the same smoothness

Download: Solid_Kernel_V2.3-D855-BETA

WARNING: Before flashing another kernel flash this first: Solid_Kernel_Uninstall

Last edited:

Deafening Roar

Feb 28, 2017
Ankara
@Loller79 Good to see you again and welcome back to the community, man! :good: I've seen that you read my message about QuadRooter vulnerabilities & thanked it. I think that means you'll fix this issue in your next build. Solid and Xceed are my favourite kernels, so your assistance would be greatly appreciated :) Once again, welcome back and BIG "thank you" for your work and hope everything in your life goes nice & smooth from now on! :cowboy:

Looking forward to the new version already! :)

Reactions: Loller79

mohammadtalha93

Apr 12, 2016
Lahore
@Loller79 is there any chance for a updated stock Solid kernel? Dont run the other roms much but really enjoyed your Solid kernel for stock. VS985 here.

which rom do you use ??? im tried it on XDADEBBS for days....but phone crashed(got stuck) here and there.....and i had to pull the battery everytime.........and also had issues of overheating and poor battery timing

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Solid_Kernel_V2.51 for STOCK-MM is currently being tested, if it's stable and solid enough it'll be released tomorrow :)

any update bro about the new version ?

mopartonyg

Jan 19, 2011
L.A. Area
which rom do you use ??? im tried it on XDADEBBS for days....but phone crashed(got stuck) here and there.....and i had to pull the battery everytime.........and also had issues of overheating and poor battery timing

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

any update bro about the new version ?

Have not tried in awhile, waiting for update to try it on Fulmics 7.6

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Just several posts up he already answered this question. Are you guys not reading?
And don't hold him to "tomorrow". Patience.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, DARK ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Solid Kernel aims to be a stable, minimalist and powerful kernel for everyone, no extreme overclock or experimental things that may affect your device health.

• Reworked GPU Drivers
    • Bricked HotPlug
    • FIOPS Scheduler
    • CPU Voltage Control
    • Linaro 4.8 Toolchain
    • FSync On/Off Support
    • XZ Algorithm Compression
    • USB Mouse/Keyboard Patch
    • KCAL Post Processing Drivers
    • Simple Sound Control
    • EXFAT & F2FS Support
    • USB Fast Charge Support
    • Simple Thermal Driver
    • Custom CPU-BOOST Solution
    • 27MHz GPU Clock
    • Dynamic GPU Governor
    • Permissive SELinux
    • PowerSuspend V1.7
    • GPU Min-Max Governor
    • /dev/frandom Support

PAY ATTENTION : My kernel is really minimalist so don't expect to have a lot of governors or things like that.

If you like my work then consider to buy me a coffee, it keeps me awake while I develop and it's always appreciated!
    Click here to donate!

Download: Solid_Kernel_V2.55

XDA:DevDB Information
    Solid Kernel, Kernel for the LG G3

Contributors
    Loller79
    Source Code: https://github.com/Loller79/Solid_Kernel-G3-STOCK-MM

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.55
    Stable Release Date: 2017-08-05

Created 2015-12-04
    Last Updated 2017-12-19
    Final exams passed!

Now i can finally get back working on my kernels, new release will be published very soon.
    Solid Kernel V1.3 is Available!

• Back to my own Thermal Control (Configurable Through Synapse)
    • Always Permissive SELinux
    • Replaced Faux Sound Control with Franco Sound Control
    • Disabled All Debugging Things
    • Fixed FM Radio
    • Compiled with Linaro 4.8 & O3

Download : Solid_Kernel_V1.3G3

WARNING: To use Synapse you obviously have to install it before installing my kernel, here's the link to UKM.
    Solid Kernel V1.8 available!

• Simple ondemand is now GPU default governor
    • Increased thermal threshold for better performances
    • Tweaked some values inside g3 display drivers
    • Optimized conservative governor thresholds
    • Implemented USB force fast charging

Download : Solid_Kernel_V1.8
    Marshmallow support available!

• Swapped EXFat Code
    • Tweaked CPU Conservative Governor
    • Hardcoded CPU Boost Values
    • Various Fixes & Improvements Under The Hood

Download : Solid_Kernel_V1.5G3-MM

WARNING : V1.5 is fully compatible with lollipop but fm radio won't work due to incompatibility between mm kernel source and lp system.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone