[D85X][F400][LS990][VS985][STOCK-MM->6.0] Solid Kernel V2.55 [05/08/2017]

Search This thread

projectx009

Dec 30, 2016
Update for lg g3 D858hk dual SIM PLEASE

hi again Loller ,can you make compatible Solid Kernel for lg g3 D858hk (china mobile dual sim lte model ) ??

M.M.K

Jan 2, 2015
Hey bro do you have any plan for adding some battery friendly hotplug and governors like Alucard too?
We miss a good kernel containing these options...

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
Hey bro do you have any plan for adding some battery friendly hotplug and governors like Alucard too?

There are a good kernel with that, gabriel, flykernel. But this is also a good kernel even without those hotplugs and governors.

Last edited:
Reactions: M.M.K

Loller79

Dec 30, 2012
Porto Torres
Hey man, with the right settings my kernel can be very battery friendly, I could even make a little tutorial or a shell script if you want, just tell me you and the other people who use my kernel if you'd like to see something like that [emoji106]

M.M.K

Jan 2, 2015
Hey man, with the right settings my kernel can be very battery friendly, I could even make a little tutorial or a shell script if you want, just tell me you and the other people who use my kernel if you'd like to see something like that [emoji106]
We would really appreciate it if you could do that:good:

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

There are a good kernel with that, gabriel, flykernel. But this is also a good kernel even without those hotplugs and governors.

Yeah fly is really good with battery but has certain lag problem if you have noticed. But since I've used solid before I know how good it can be... Tnx btw

Reactions: Loller79

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
I'm on solid kernel v1.7. Can I just flash this new one over it? Or what steps should I take to update?
Should be able to without issues. Some folks like to clear cache after flashing. Totally optional of course.
If you have any tweaks in place I would suggest writing them down or backing them up and put everything to defaults. Then reapply after flashing.
Just to be safe.

LG G3 D851, Fulmics v6.9 ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

raysar

May 11, 2013
Hello,
Is it a solution to force charge speed?

I'm blocked to 0.45 Amp on PC, on 2A charger AND on a quick charge 2 charger ! (mesured on a amp meter USB)
I search a solution to force speed charge. (force 2A and force quick charge)
For example on galaxy note 2 I can choose speed charge on PC and on USB charger, disable usb instability etc.

Thank you :)

PS: is it kernel aduitor for manage frequency and voltage? i'm blocked à 1500mhz and deep sleep didn't work with this kernel :/ (DS battery saver app enable)
My previous kernel is gabriel kernel.

Last edited:

qWantUS

Dec 2, 2007
Solar system
Hello,
Is it a solution to force charge speed?

I'm blocked to 0.45 Amp on PC, on 2A charger AND on a quick charge 2 charger ! (mesured on a amp meter USB)
I search a solution to force speed charge. (force 2A and force quick charge)
For example on galaxy note 2 I can choose speed charge on PC and on USB charger, disable usb instability etc.

Thank you :)

PS: is it kernel aduitor for manage frequency and voltage? i'm blocked à 1500mhz and deep sleep didn't work with this kernel :/ (DS battery saver app enable)
My previous kernel is gabriel kernel.

I am not sure it is possible to force phone to charge faster easily, its mainly hardware, which has to supply certain identification, (certain tweaks to D+D- are possible) only then software can do the rest. But do not do it on PC, the usb controller is only rated for 500mA, and you will damage you pc usb port permanently. Some usb ports have 1A charge feature, but it will be stated separately, and will need software on PC to enable it. My mainboard does have the fearure, but I have never used it. You should "force" fast charge only when hardware suports it.
Another thought I had: is your usb amp meter passing through all 4 wires from the charger to the phone? Maybe in that meter the D+and D- are not connected at all? That would break fast charging and limit the current to the lowest rating, aimed for PC

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

西村大一

Dec 7, 2012
Sagamihara\Tōkyō
Bumping time. Been using this kernel on Fulmics, both 6.1 and 6.9 and it's awesome. Many possible settings, no useless additions and it doesn't burden the system like other kernels. Very grateful @Loller79. Nothing more to say, the kernel speaks for itself.

reginickneo

Jan 4, 2009
Hi all,
I flashed Solid kernel on Fulmics 6.9, i've been using xceed before but was not so stable.
Now my battety life is really bad... It is like 1 hour SOT, and a day wifi/4G.

Any recommendation what to do or which app i can use for settings? Synapse isnt working. I cannot find Solid app on play store.
The performance is great, but tha battery life is killing me.

Thanks!

Last edited:

TheReaper1

Feb 15, 2017
Cugir
Hi all,
I flashed Solid kernel on Fulmics 6.9, i've been using xceed before but was not so stable.
Now my battety life is really bad... It is like 1 hour SOT, and a day wifi/4G.

Any recommendation what to do or which app i can use for settings? Synapse isnt working. I cannot find Solid app on play store.
The performance is great, but tha battery life is killing me.

Thanks!

This app... https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/kernel-adiutor-mod-singularity-kernel-t3333549

Deafening Roar

Feb 28, 2017
Ankara
QuadRooter Vulnerabilities

I'm a big fan of Solid Kernel, and would like to thank @Loller79 for this wonderful kernel, but unfortunately it seems vulnerable to two of the QuadRooter exploits. I don't think we need any improvements or changes to the kernel featurewise ATM, but is there way the developer could fix the QuadRooter exploits present for us? Then it would be awesome! :)

Thanks a lot! :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Solid Kernel aims to be a stable, minimalist and powerful kernel for everyone, no extreme overclock or experimental things that may affect your device health.

• Reworked GPU Drivers
    • Bricked HotPlug
    • FIOPS Scheduler
    • CPU Voltage Control
    • Linaro 4.8 Toolchain
    • FSync On/Off Support
    • XZ Algorithm Compression
    • USB Mouse/Keyboard Patch
    • KCAL Post Processing Drivers
    • Simple Sound Control
    • EXFAT & F2FS Support
    • USB Fast Charge Support
    • Simple Thermal Driver
    • Custom CPU-BOOST Solution
    • 27MHz GPU Clock
    • Dynamic GPU Governor
    • Permissive SELinux
    • PowerSuspend V1.7
    • GPU Min-Max Governor
    • /dev/frandom Support

PAY ATTENTION : My kernel is really minimalist so don't expect to have a lot of governors or things like that.

If you like my work then consider to buy me a coffee, it keeps me awake while I develop and it's always appreciated!
    Click here to donate!

Download: Solid_Kernel_V2.55

XDA:DevDB Information
    Solid Kernel, Kernel for the LG G3

Contributors
    Loller79
    Source Code: https://github.com/Loller79/Solid_Kernel-G3-STOCK-MM

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.55
    Stable Release Date: 2017-08-05

Created 2015-12-04
    Last Updated 2017-12-19
    Final exams passed!

Now i can finally get back working on my kernels, new release will be published very soon.
    Solid Kernel V1.3 is Available!

• Back to my own Thermal Control (Configurable Through Synapse)
    • Always Permissive SELinux
    • Replaced Faux Sound Control with Franco Sound Control
    • Disabled All Debugging Things
    • Fixed FM Radio
    • Compiled with Linaro 4.8 & O3

Download : Solid_Kernel_V1.3G3

WARNING: To use Synapse you obviously have to install it before installing my kernel, here's the link to UKM.
    Solid Kernel V1.8 available!

• Simple ondemand is now GPU default governor
    • Increased thermal threshold for better performances
    • Tweaked some values inside g3 display drivers
    • Optimized conservative governor thresholds
    • Implemented USB force fast charging

Download : Solid_Kernel_V1.8
    Marshmallow support available!

• Swapped EXFat Code
    • Tweaked CPU Conservative Governor
    • Hardcoded CPU Boost Values
    • Various Fixes & Improvements Under The Hood

Download : Solid_Kernel_V1.5G3-MM

WARNING : V1.5 is fully compatible with lollipop but fm radio won't work due to incompatibility between mm kernel source and lp system.